Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25291
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:44 pm

The Matrix
A main aspect of human nature is that fact that we cannot control what will happen to us. Nor can we predict or change what will happen to us in the future. Our lifestyle will reflect on us depending on what country we are born in. We are living in a world where we must abide its rules. If one tries to ignore set rules, they will be punished accordingly. Humans are products of the Matrix; living in a world where we must live up to societies expectations. The Matrix creates us because we cannot choose our personage, the world is not to our specific preferences, and we have to follow society’s institutions.

The Matrix creates us because we cannot choose our own personage. From the moment we are born, we are naďve of what is around us. At one point in our life, we will wish a part of us looked differently. We have no way of selecting our appearance. If we want our hair to be a different colour, we can temporarily dye it. However, the chemical will eventually wear off; reminding us that we live in a Matrix. As we grow up, we will all struggle performing certain activities. Our parents or teachers will inform us that everyone has their own set of skills and talents that come to us naturally. As human beings, we can master something that we are not skilled in with enough practice time. On the other hand, I have owned a guitar for four years, and I play for a respectable amount of time on occasion. Even I have applied my practice time, I am not skilled as a musician. The Matrix chooses our talents for us, and allows others to adapt to certain environments or events more rapid than others. Not only does the Matrix control our overall self, but our lifespan. People will live for a longer times depending on their health…Most of the time. Humans will often time die due to accidents or will be murdered, well before they would die from old age. We have no control over such misfortunes because we have no leverage over the Matrix. The matrix does not reveal details about our existence. The matrix does not explain why it is that we are not being saved from a higher power before humanity destroys ourselves in warfare. The Matrix only allows us to choose the way we want to perceive our life. The matrix creates us because we are, and will always be, what the Matrix wants us to be.

The Matrix makes us because the world is not to our own liking. As just mere humans, we cannot expect the world around to be to our own convenience. The weather is completely out of our control. Humans can only predict what the forecast will be. The strength of the waves, or the speed of the wind, are puppets for the Matrix. As much as it would be convenient to instantly travel to place to place, there is no such technology. Humanity has invented other means of traveling: planes, cars, and boats being the major ones. Unfortunately, we are prone to accidents using these machines. Some of the biggest vehicle accident events in history include: the Halifax explosion, the Titanic, and of course 9/11. These accidents are still shown on television today. As we view programs and movies, we can’t help but to idolize some of our favourite characters. But movies are made for strictly entertainment value, so we are to believe that we are just watching factitious events that fool us into believing we can achieve similar goals. The Matrix chooses what movies will be widely distributed for our viewing. Regardless on what we view, we cannot ever hope to achieve what most characters do. In our human nature, we tend to wish the world were more to our own preference.

That Matrix shapes the world, as humans must follow society’s institutions. In order to simply stay alive; people have to follow a variety of activities and systems. We must breathe around 18,000 to 30,000 times per day. To be socially acceptable, we must keep our hygiene in top shape or we might not be treated as well as someone who appears more cosmetically appealing. For the majority of my life, I have attended educational faculties. I have been studying a curriculum that has been edited and approved by a team of Agent Smith’s. When I have gained sufficient education, I have to work for the Matrix to earn currency. Without money, humans will certainly go through hardship. Even when humans can afford a good home with a well paying job, they have to follow “the law.” This system limits us in our endeavours. For the most, this lawful based society is for our own safety and does benefit its civilians as best as it can. Praise to our cities continuity aside, it still controls how us “average day” people can act. I can acknowledge that I am grateful for the cities concern for its people. Humans live in a world that is created mostly by those in high political positions. Although that does not mean that the Matrix has the intent to harm us. Finally, we are lucky enough to live in a country where our agent Smith’s care about us.

Many events that happen in time could not have been foreseen. We sometimes wish we could have some kind of ability to stop disasters from occurring. Unfortunately we are only humans who must live exclusively in the present. As much as we want to alter our physical appearance to look more pleasing to whatever audience we wish approval from. As convenient as it would be to learn to fly a helicopter in a matter of moments, that is not how our Matrix works. The Matrix is the world in which we live in. How we decide to previous this reality, is all up to us. To put it simply, we must follow the regulations of the Matrix to be successful in most cases. The Matrix creates us because we cannot choose our personage, the world is not to our specific preferences, and we have to follow society’s institutions.

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11697
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:42 pm

You make some very valid points of comparison and contradiction. It's an interesting thing to think about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:44 pm

THanks man
Definately not a normal conversation

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11697
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:16 pm

No indeed not, but a very valid point is made glad to know I'm not the only one who has thought about this concept lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Dyvan13
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 82
Hedonistic Glory : 3049
Joined In : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 am

Holy ****. *is crushed by wall of text*

But seriously, you do make some good points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pisager
Top Lad

Number of posts : 109
Hedonistic Glory : 3028
Joined In : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:55 am

I do like the thought of all that and have considered it many times.

Anyway, it's comforting to know that there's always free choice. As for the weather thing, think about the butterfly effect and imagine if a bomb were preperly placed. We do have some control over the weather, just not a lot.
Thanks for bringing that up though, it should lead to some fairly intereesting discussion. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:15 am

Thanks

PostSubject: Re: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:40 pm

One would say...

Matrix ====>> God
Except that you portrayed the matrix as more of an antagonist whereas in the bible God is loved by all and loves all. What I find interesting is that you brought this really interesting topic to make people wonder about life whereas in the "bible" the meaning of our existance is supposed to bring us comfort and have no doubt and simply accept god's will ( I wonder If that made any sense Razz )
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14872
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
To be socially acceptable, we must keep our hygiene in top shape or we might not be treated as well as someone who appears more cosmetically appealing. For the majority of my life, I have attended educational faculties. I have been studying a curriculum that has been edited and approved by a team of Agent Smith’s. When I have gained sufficient education, I have to work for the Matrix to earn currency. Without money, humans will certainly go through hardship. Even when humans can afford a good home with a well paying job, they have to follow “the law.” This system limits us in our endeavors. For the most, this lawful based society is for our own safety and does benefit its civilians as best as it can. Praise to our cities continuity aside, it still controls how us “average day” people can act.

best thought is right here
the rest of the essay seemed repetitive and at the same time your thoughts were jumbled.
this was the best jag you had in the whole thing. haunting and thought provoking

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix   

Back to top Go down

Why I believe that society makes us, almost like we live in a Matrix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1