Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14982
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:44 pm

Ok, here it is, your song of the day.......
I have seen them live. no, she isnt as hot when she sings. she is pretty on the album covers, but that is about it. i reall ythink their next album, she should actually sing, rather than scream, and have the bandmates do the backups with screaming. sort of turn into nightwish sound.

well, here it is. the solo on this track is ****ing epic. if you hate it, skip to 1:58, thats when the magic happens

Daddy's Falling Angel - In This Moment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-IJd5T1Lqo

Beautiful Tragedy - In This Moment

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11807
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Gotta say I'm not a fan at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:48 pm

well, thats cool.

did you AT LEAST hear the solo? thats all i ask

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:51 pm

I've heard it before. It just wasn't my thing at all in general.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:55 pm

hey man, thats cool
i have openly said before i post to let people hear some new things maybe. if it aint their cup of tea, thats cool too

glad you gave it a shot

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25401
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

hmmm
First impressions
+Excellent speed and energy, instant plus
+Nice little chorous
+Heavy riffs
+Surprisingly good solo
-Overlapping voices sound not so good together
-Some parts she sings just doesn't sound right, voice is not strong enough

VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9840
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:24 pm

As far as being a mix between metalcore and emo it sounded pretty standard fare for the main parts of the music. The screams are really cool. I like pretty much any solo I hear and this was no different. The breakdown was entirely pointless in my opinion. I did like the chorus. Overall I liked it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:37 pm

whats a breakdown musically?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:42 pm

According to the great wikki
[edit] Metal and punk
The breakdown in the metal and hardcore punk genres is where a band will usually play in half time, giving the feeling of a slower tempo. It is considered by some to be an important element in many songs of these genres and central to many bands, quite a few of which eschew traditional verse-chorus-verse songwriting. When played live, breakdowns are usually responded to by the audience moshing or hardcore dancing. Vocalists also tend to throw in a single, repeated statement throughout the breakdown, giving those who are not dancing or moshing an opportunity to sing along. Many metalcore bands rely on having memorable breakdowns rather than memorable choruses.

The drums are usually simple with several cymbals and snare on the third beat. The cymbals are usually a china or fast crash with quarter notes or more common, eighth notes. Also common is the use of crash cymbals with quarter notes, or even half notes, to give the music a very heavy, slow feel. The drummer usually follows the rhythm of the guitar on the kick drum. In metal, the guitars play a set of rhythmically oriented riffs, usually on open strings so as to achieve the lowest and heaviest sound for which the guitars are tuned, so the dancers in the audience can respond effectively. Sometimes, these are contrasted with either dissonant chords, such as minor 2nd intervals, or pinch harmonics. These riffs are often accented by the drummer with double kick bass drums that follow the pattern of the guitars. This kind of breakdown can be traced back to the Los Angeles thrash metal band Dark Angel, whose drummer Gene Hoglan first played this kind of rhythmic double bass drums-guitar oriented breakdown on the title track of Dark Angel's second album, Darkness Descends. Gene Hoglan has used this technique, which he calls 'kick triplets', in various bands in which he played since then, and it had become commonly used in Thrash Metal and especially Death Metal, although not always in the same way it is used in Metalcore. However, this standard formula for breakdowns is not always followed. Many current bands now tend to distort the line between breakdowns and other parts of songs.

Slams are a more complex kind of Breakdown usually with complex drum beats and chugging guitars, often using syncopes. Slams are known for their use in a kind of Brutal Death Metal called Slam Death Metal. Bands like Devourment popularised their use, but they're also used by Deathcore bands, Waking the Cadaver, for example, and some Brutal Death Metal groups that do not fall into the Slam Death Metal genre, Cryptopsy on their "None So Vile" Album, for example, most notably on the track Orgiastic Disembowlement.

In punk rock, breakdowns tend to be more upbeat, using the floor toms and snares to create a faster, 'rolling' rhythm. This provides audience members with an opportunity to skank, mosh, or circle pit
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16104
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:43 pm

She looks pretty dam hot in that picture lol. Man you reminded me of how much i LOVE Nightwish. I shall go listen to them : )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:19 am

oh, so the part where she sings all breathy. and it changes to like new instruments

i kinda liked that ha ha/ oh well

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:32 pm

Yeah, usually breakdowns are the part in the song where bands do like chugging riffs and a scream a long while people mosh. And like the wiki said it's far more prevelent in metalcore than any other genre besides slam which is all pretty much breakdowns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute   

Back to top Go down

The Song of the Day (rough appox) 9 Brute
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1