Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6733
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:45 am

Hey guys I managed to get my hands on a nintendo Dsi this weekend. No I did not buy one and I don't think I can justify the $200 price tag for this thing. I mean all it really is, is an upgraded DS, its not a new system that can play DSi exclusives. Its pretty much an upgraded DS again, I doubt there are any games that actually need the Camera at least not yet and I can see DSi exclusives due to the camera issue though. The upgrades you get with the DSi are a camera, and an SD card slot which I have yet to figure out what its for I mean its got internal memory, and the games save on cartridges, so you don't need memory, the only thing I see the SD card used for is to store pictures taken & audio recorded on the DSi, and upload them on to your computer. A bonus from the DSi you get is that you no longer need to buy separate software for the web browser, the DSi has a built in web browser I never used the past one so I don't know the difference. Now for the what actually came to see the camera right? The Camera itself is actually pretty good when taking a picture its very sensitive the slightest move will blur the picture's outcome but the DSi fixes that with its own software and un-blurs the photo for which is nice of nintendo to plan ahead. The DSi also includes editing software so you can mess around with photos its basically what you get with a web cam in a laptop. The biggest problem I have with this thing besides the price tag is you CAN'T Play GBA games on it, this is a big disappointment for me, thats why the DS lite was so great was because it was backwards compatible, and because theres no GBA slot I can't Migrate my pokemon from Leaf Green To platinum. Yeah were not done another Problem its got is it doesn't recognize my R4 Card which means I cant download roms anymore I have to purchase games, there is however a solution to this there are now R4's with Dsi compatibility. The DS is nearly Identical to the DS lite, except its a bit slimmer and lighter, and they removed the glossy finish which the DS lite had, every thing else looks pretty much the same, they moved some buttons around and theres a different feel to the start&select buttons as apposed to the DS lite. Yes the DSi is here and its new but, I can't say buy one just yet, or to trade in that DS lite for one of these things, yes the Camera is cool, and yes it pisses me off that I will never be able to catch bulbasaur in pokemon platinum unless I play on my DS lite, to be honest this thing is just the DS lite with added crap to it, no new gameplay added (possible camera exclusives), it feels like an after thought, and just another attempt to extend the life of the DS, If you already have a DS lite stick with that, but if you don't have Nintendo DS at all you may want to wait for the price of the DSi to drop 50 or 60 dollars or you could get a DS lite either its a good Idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16107
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:57 am

Dude, you can download DS games and stuck them on DS cards. I have like 30 games on one SD card. You can also stick music on them. +rep for a good in depth review though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25404
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:42 am

Ahah that's funny how they added a camera
I can't wait for the DS Phone!

TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:28 am

Axeforhire66 wrote:
Dude, you can download DS games and stuck them on DS cards. I have like 30 games on one SD card. You can also stick music on them. +rep for a good in depth review though

I relize you can download games just not sure is it likre full games or just minigames and demos?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25404
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:00 am

Can you get any Nes games?

Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4371
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:02 am

If you buy a flash card (R4, M3 etc) like I have you gonna put games on a micro sd card and play them using the flash card. And yes there are snes emulators and gameboy colour emulators etc you can download aswell Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:18 pm

THESKYISBLUEFTW wrote:
Axeforhire66 wrote:

I relize you can download games just not sure is it likre full games or just minigames and demos?

Dude you can get any game that comes out on a DS cartridge. My stepmother has over 100 DS games she got from torrents and sh!t
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Axeforhire66 wrote:
any game that comes out on a DS cartridge.

WHAT that can't be right

Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:29 pm

It's true man. Not sure how she does it but she has like zelda, the harvest moons, rune factory, pokemons, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:40 pm

Axeforhire66 wrote:
It's true man. Not sure how she does it but she has like zelda, the harvest moons, rune factory, pokemons, etc.

and these games you speak of they are free?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:02 am

Free is such a broad word.... I'd say they can be free, but they are also illegal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:37 pm

so basically you dont need a flash card anymore?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Well you still use the DS cards lol. There is just a way to download games onto the SD cards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:28 pm

No I mean can you just Download roms Directly to the SD card and run them on the DSi
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4371
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm

There is only one flash card that supports the DSi at the moment, the Acekard A2i, just a heads up Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Alright Im gonna test my theory this weekend so I can finsh this Dam Review
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 pm

ok after further review and checking you can download full games and even some exlusives to DSi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?   

Back to top Go down

Nintendo DSi Review its more then a camera?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1