Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14985
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 am

Ok, so i think im counting correctly, so this is day 12.

Now, i love that feeling when i discover and find a new band. Ok, ALL of you should know that probably my favorite band is Scar Symmetry. They are an excellent Melodic Death Metal band. The leader singer, Christian Alvestam, has imo, one of the most haunting voices in metal today. He can sing those really low baritone notes, bark out the black metal style vocals, and sing clean vocals better than most bands.
Sadly, he has left Scar Symmetry. I dont know why, he was probably being a *****. At anyrate, i decided to look for his other side bands. So a quick trip to wikipedia tells me all the bands, but there is NO information on those bands....normally, i forget about that. They will usually suck and be lame side projects....but this time i felt different. So i look at probably 5 bands he has played in vocally and as a guitar player
So, i hunt high and low for a torrent....finally i get one.....and the bands name

Miseration

Omg, my head exploded. It is a nonstop assault of his amazing vocals. The playing talent is decent, but the clear talent here is the vocals and rhythm guitar.
I must clarify, im NOT a fan of black metal.....or brutal death, or any other of that crazy ****.....but i so get this. I like it, because it is almost intelligible what he is saying. I guess, basically, i was so in love with SS, that i liked Alvestam's vocals because of it.

Now, i present, Miseration - Perfection Destroyed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUORFsXZzps

As always, i dont ask that you worship it.....all i ask is for a fair and unbiased listen.

Miseration - Your Demons -- Their Angels

here is some more info....they are a slippery band to get a hold of
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=84749

-Brute-
\m/

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 2:29 am

Pretty damn good. Nice and fast with lots of heavy .. The bridge is a twist , But works very well with the rest of the song .. Not as good as scar symmetry but its good .. + REP brother ..
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 2:33 am

wow, somebody who sings the praises of SS...wow

and yes, not as good, but i dont want another SS, i think it is pleasently different.

thanks hate

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 2:37 am

brutality,thynameismetal wrote:
wow, somebody who sings the praises of SS...wow

and yes, not as good, but i dont want another SS, i think it is pleasently different.

thanks hate
Very welcome brute .
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25404
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Its a great song really
But its way too heavy for my mood right now
But I love harmonic guitars on a heavy singer
I gotta come back to this

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 6:00 pm

dude, i feel you.
i have been depressed as of late. this stuff fits my mood.
the guitars are hard to find on all the songs....but they are there....just have to wait.
i listned to the whole album 5 times already!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16107
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Very good man. For some reason, the sound of the guitars and the rapid-fire drums in the beginning remind me of Wintersun.
The singer fits really well with the style imo.
I think maybe the key they use or SOMETHING makes it sound uniquely metal. No metalcore hints here. At all. This is pure, undiluted, metal.
The absence of a proper solo was dissapointing, but I'm sure not all songs are like that. And it was enjoyable even without on, so I'm sure a nice blazing solo in other songs will make me like it that much more.

Nice post man, thank you for sharing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 6:22 pm

yeah, the only thing i would change would be the addition of a solo

iim slightly dissapointed

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Should be an interlude where I can interact with the television screen

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 7:17 pm

dude
next song of the day

wow, just you wait

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 8:47 pm

oh ****
This just got real

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 8:52 pm

you havent the slightest idea

oh, and Miseration was hard to find...because they are brand new and their album (to which the songs i have from their new album)
doesnt come out until september

SCORE!
THEY WILL BE EPIC ONCE THEY HIT THE FAN!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11810
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Pretty good mate, digging the vocals (now I can see why SS had to hire two vocalists to make up for him) I like the chaos in the guitar work during some of the parts. Think I'm going to go back and forth and listen to some SS and these guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:07 pm

you sir, get +rep for that
hell yeah, thats what im talking about
dude, so do you consider yourself a fan or just a casual listener?

oh and axe had a good point as well, +rep for him

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:08 pm

I've just started listening to them like now. And this guy is an INSANE vocalist @_@ his vocal range is crazy +rep for showing this to me.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Dude, hang the **** on
i will give you a playlist

and this new album is FVCKING INSANE!!! his growls are intense

do you like more melodic vocals or more black metal style?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:13 pm

ok, i sent this as a PM to axe last night. so axe, ignore this lol

"http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7C73CD3956F7E554
ok, so, pretty much ALL the songs have a nice clean bit of vocals.....Im all about the melding of both types
To start out, i would listen to Dreaming 24/7. There are little to no screaming and growls in this song.
Then, i would go The Illusionist. Also a lot of clean vocals. Same with Mind Machine
Now, the more melodic and mainstream sound would have to be Oscillation Point. The sound is very .....sweeping.
Now for the more brutal side....i would go, Abstracted and Retaliator
My favorite tracks, are the hidden tracks....Deviate from the Form and Carved in Stone
And i love Path of least Resistance.
I gave you a playlist, in the order that they appeared on the album. That is a good order to listen to"

and the more black metal style would be the album Symmetric in Design
slowly becomeing my fav album

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:17 pm

Cool, I like both. His clean and harsh vocals are pretty fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:23 pm

omg. i know
i wish i had his voice. and i heard a live track today....he can do it live to...not much editing....which makes him even more of a man

BYD....i think the Viking of the year needs to go to Christian Alvestam

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Who?
**** can't think of what to do next on the byd show

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:26 pm

the singer from SS and miseration
ha ha, byd wasnt paying much attention...dude, more than cool.
i was being sarcastic anyway

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:36 pm

This band is total win. Now i think I'm an addict lol add me to the list of people you've converted to a band haha. I wonder how the new guys sound though.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:37 pm

I will let you know. im searching the interent. so far, nothing has leaked about the new album. but apparently, they can wail, they were both in wayyy brutal bands before this.

i cant get enough of miseration.....i even followed my own link

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   Tue May 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Cool, then maybe the new SS won't be bad. I mean they have some good musicians. I'm interested to see how Miseration builds as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12   

Back to top Go down

The Song of the Day (rough approx) 12
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1