Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which game do you like more?
Call of Duty IV: Modern Warfare
71%
 71% [ 5 ]
Call of Duty: World at War
29%
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16051
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 5:09 pm

What are your guys' votes? Here is A little information about each game

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

As the title indicates, this Call of Duty game features weapons and fighting in a modern environment, which is a change for the series. Some people felt that the World War II theme had gone stale, so this was an overall welcome addition to the series. The multiplayer was really turned up a notch in this installment, and leveling, customization, and perks were introduced. Overall a fantastically addictive tactical shooter.

Call of Duty: World at War.

Utilizing the same game engine as Call of Duty IV, WaW returned to the World War II setting, but this time featured both the European and Pacific theaters. The story mode was very good in this game, in my opinion, and many reviews also viewed it as a high point. The multiplayer was basically the same as Call of Duty IV, but adding a few new perks to the leveling system. This game also featured historical weapons from World War II, such as the Thompson Sub-Machine gun, M1 Garand rifle, and the Magnum .357.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 5:33 pm

i say modern warfare. somehow it jsut has a better feel to it
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25348
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Never played either for more than 10 minutes lol

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 6:18 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Never played either for more than 10 minutes lol

I would say that that is a FANTASTIC reason not to have an opinion. For some reason, I feel as though I will be the only one backing up WaW....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 6:21 pm

I will stab whoever thinks that WaW is better
I hold a firm ground

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Why? Do share. It's basically the same game with a different skin lol. I just love historic stuff, and WaW at least has some historical fact to it. Modern Warfare is complete fiction, so the story is really not something that attracts me. Everything else about the game is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 6:35 pm

lol I was just being ironic because I haven't played either game pretty much

link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10450
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 6:46 pm

World at War I think kinda is just cod 4 1/2
It was ok, but i love 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11754
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 10:15 pm

World at War because of the Nazi Zombie level ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
EPhear
Top Lad

Number of posts : 106
Hedonistic Glory : 3240
Joined In : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 10:47 pm

I personally love both games, not enough to own either of them, though. I would like to say that the historical roots are nice in WaW compared to IV. I just say that IV just seemed like its knifing system was better. And, I like to knife. And. Dogs. Are. Cheap. But satisfying to use. Nazi Zombies are awesome though. . . so I give it a tie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11754
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Yeah both are great. I like the multi player of IV though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10672
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 10:50 pm

MW all the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 10:52 pm

Dammit I knew I forgot something! Fuuuuucckkk

I should have put a tie option in. I always forget that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 10:55 pm

EPhear wrote:
I personally love both games, not enough to own either of them, though. I would like to say that the historical roots are nice in WaW compared to IV. I just say that IV just seemed like its knifing system was better. And, I like to knife. And. Dogs. Are. Cheap. But satisfying to use. Nazi Zombies are awesome though. . . so I give it a tie.

Dogs are very cheap. I always hate being on the wrong side of them, although I have to say knifing the dogs is quite a lot of sadistic fun. And it is very rewarding to unleash the dogs yourself. There is a sense of pride when you see one guy being mauled by four of your dogs.

And I love nazi zombies, except I always end up getting stuff with a bunch of incompetent 5 year olds who want to try to glitch and cheat, and end up getting killed off on level 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EPhear
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 10:58 pm

It's not a problem. I just would like to point out that you nailed the reason why the gameplay is not a factor most of the time. . . They ARE the same engine. The differences are the graphical skins. I like modern warfares much better, but, again it's a personal decision. By the way, the only reason I'm leaning toward WaW is that the American Campaign is a nice run to destruction. You do all that work for pretty much nothing. The SAS is near that way too. . . Oh well.

getting stuff with Five year olds? Watch the wording there. Otherwise some people may think it strange.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 11:03 pm

EPhear wrote:
It's not a problem. I just would like to point out that you nailed the reason why the gameplay is not a factor most of the time. . . They ARE the same engine. The differences are the graphical skins. I like modern warfares much better, but, again it's a personal decision. By the way, the only reason I'm leaning toward WaW is that the American Campaign is a nice run to destruction. You do all that work for pretty much nothing. The SAS is near that way too. . . Oh well.

getting stuff with Five year olds? Watch the wording there. Otherwise some people may think it strange.

hmmm not quite sure why I put "stuff". I believe I meant, "stuck". Oh well, by-product of typing too fast I supposed.

And yes, that's pretty much I posted the topic. I hear a lot of people trashing WaW, but it's pretty much the same game but with a different setting. It kinda gets on my nerves. And I absolutely love the American campaign in WaW..... there is just something about burning crazed japanese soldiers out of a tree with a flamethrower or flame-tank that is super rewarding. It's probably just the fact that you CAN burn stuff that makes it a helluva lot of fun. mmmmhmmmm fire....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EPhear
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Watch this. I think this says all that needs said about flamethrowers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 11:09 pm

Link missing brother
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EPhear
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 11:11 pm

It's there just forgot the color.
I never forget, just . . . missed a critical step.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Modern warfare has a better storyline.
Better Mission
Better Ending.

But WAW hav so much intensity and its more bloody.
BUt still MW 2 will ****ing pwn those 2
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Ah! Cool, I've never seen anyone use a link like that before!

OMFG!!!! I can't believe you posted that!!!! That is my all time, favorite stand up comedy bit. Dude, that is the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life, you are getting +rep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 11:16 pm

Back to top Go down
EPhear
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Helped run a site that basically only did links. . . It was easy enough to do. It was also slightly illegal what I was linking too. But who cares? It is a dead site now though. . .
Also made me sleep deprived (more then usual). I also met two austrailian girls there who were. . . . interesting to say the least. They were also rather good looking apparently. I also got into philosophical debates, but that is neither here nor now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Tue May 05, 2009 11:24 pm

EPhear wrote:
Helped run a site that basically only did links. . . It was easy enough to do. It was also slightly illegal what I was linking too. But who cares? It is a dead site now though. . .
Also made me sleep deprived (more then usual). I also met two austrailian girls there who were. . . . interesting to say the least. They were also rather good looking apparently. I also got into philosophical debates, but that is neither here nor now.

hmmmm muy interesante.... yeah who cares. You know what else is illegal? torrenting. Does this face look like it cares?

Illegal is a fancy word for "a better idea". Besides, only cavemen or people who want to financially support artists who make music they enjoy pay for music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4315

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Wed May 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Not even a competition, Modern Warfare is definitly the better game between the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   Mon May 11, 2009 4:22 pm

World at War. The online maps are just far superior, though to many people can't play and rely on sub-machine guns which is boring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War   

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty IV vs Call of Duty: World at War
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1