Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 I used to love sports.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14927
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: I used to love sports.....   Wed May 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Lina wrote:
Man that's such a cool sport. I'd like to do that and maybe jazz or tap dancing. Someone finance my endevors lol.

fencing was really cool.
lina, your local college might offer some classes. at the jc level i mean. i took Shao Lin Kung Fu at a JC. it was sooo much fun

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Lina
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1724
Hedonistic Glory : 4454
Reputation : 25
Joined In : 2008-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: I used to love sports.....   Thu May 14, 2009 12:41 am

****, do I have to wear those body suit things? I'll look like an alien snowman.

Also, no fencing at the college I'm going to, but they do have dance. I'm so getting into that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leunderground.proboards51.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofil
EPhear
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 106
Hedonistic Glory : 3238
Reputation : 4
Joined In : 2009-04-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: I used to love sports.....   Thu May 14, 2009 12:51 am

Fencing is awesome. . .
Just slightly inane if you think about it. Why would anyone stand on a strip and limit movement laterally in a fight? I realize it is a sport, but still. I just want to see arena style dueling. Free use of obstacles and the ilk, any melee weapon, that sort of thing. Too bad that probably counts as two dangerous for anyone to actually consider. Oh well, we can dream. Heck, that might actually make me want to excercise. Wonders never cease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14927
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: I used to love sports.....   Thu May 14, 2009 1:02 am

Lina wrote:
****, do I have to wear those body suit things? I'll look like an alien snowman.

Also, no fencing at the college I'm going to, but they do have dance. I'm so getting into that.
well thats cool. if you arent taking a summer class, look at the other colleges in your area...who knows....you might get lucky.
i took it at a local community center. it was very cool


EPhear wrote:
Fencing is awesome. . .
Just slightly inane if you think about it. Why would anyone stand on a strip and limit movement laterally in a fight? I realize it is a sport, but still. I just want to see arena style dueling. Free use of obstacles and the ilk, any melee weapon, that sort of thing. Too bad that probably counts as two dangerous for anyone to actually consider. Oh well, we can dream. Heck, that might actually make me want to excercise. Wonders never cease.
yeah, kinda weird. i think there are 3 levels
Piece.....which is the sowrd you use when you fence. your target is like, well dont laugh kids....the groin to the neck, not the face. you have to poke the opponent.
Epee (it has a little empahsis on the last e) - that you do the same, but the full body is the target, i dont think the face
and BROADSOARD! yeah, go around and smack the **** outta people. way awesome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
EPhear
Top Lad
avatar

Number of posts : 106
Hedonistic Glory : 3238
Reputation : 4
Joined In : 2009-04-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: I used to love sports.....   Thu May 14, 2009 1:16 am

Still, I meant full monty no holds bared sort of thing- minus obvious exceptions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lina
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1724
Hedonistic Glory : 4454
Reputation : 25
Joined In : 2008-11-20
Age : 29
Location : Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: I used to love sports.....   Thu May 14, 2009 12:47 pm

Haha well you can always get videos and teach yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leunderground.proboards51.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofil
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I used to love sports.....   

Back to top Go down
 
I used to love sports.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» CELEBRATING LOVE AND LIFE!
» Impossible to explain Love!!
» True love will live forever
» Duke of York finds love again
» Dear Cindy ~ How Do I Love Thee?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: