Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6615
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Wed May 13, 2009 8:21 pm

http://tinyurl.com/qamryq
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25286
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Wed May 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Tv caused me nightmares that's for sure
Can't avoid it
And tv is too awesome to attack

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11692
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Wed May 13, 2009 10:04 pm

I like how they are throwing Sci Fi in there when that really isn't meant to be a "kids" channel ya know. I mean it's like Dr. Who isn't a kids show really thats when you should say parents do your damn job. Besides I watched shows like TMNT and Stargate SG-1 and I turned out just ****ing fine....hmmm maybe not a good case lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9725
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Wed May 13, 2009 11:04 pm

I don't know if this is true but I always thought that children are going to be having nightmares over one thing or another. I got a stuffed lamb that gave me vicious nightmares. I found a stone statue that gave me more nightmares than anything else ever did. I remember going to bed every night scared shitless over it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Wed May 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Aladin gave me nightmares
****ing sandmonster

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Wed May 13, 2009 11:22 pm

I was always scared of random stuff too lol not like "scary stuff". So I agree with you guys.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Wed May 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Resident Evil scared me
Friggin cousin trying to kill young byd

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Wed May 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Haha yeah that game never scared me at all when I was a kid lol. But like the Grinch did xD.
Back to top Go down
Lina
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1724
Hedonistic Glory : 4394
Joined In : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 am

I don't remember haveing nightmares over anything specific when I was a kid. Just vague "somethings chasing me and I have to get away but idk what it is" dreams. lol whatever the only thing that scared me that I remember was like some old twilight zone crap hahaha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leunderground.proboards51.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofil
EPhear
Top Lad

Number of posts : 106
Hedonistic Glory : 3178
Joined In : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Thu May 14, 2009 12:58 am

Cartoon shark chasing me. . . over land.

Disturbing Horror version of a penguin a jack in the box and something else. I think it came from that Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer thing. Happened on Christmas. I was about 4-5 the first time, then had it again two years ago. That time I kicked their dream butts. Revenge is sweet.

Still can't watch horror films. I find it hard to watch people die by people. 12 years old saw an episode of Boogiepop Phantom. . . One that had obvious cannibalism. . . Made it very hard to sleep that night.

Umm. . . None of that was really tv's fault, more mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lina
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Thu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Horror films never really bothered me much that I remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leunderground.proboards51.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofil
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Thu May 14, 2009 6:20 pm

What about the inconvenient truth?

Lina
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Thu May 14, 2009 6:22 pm

That one made me vomit blood, but that's all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10610
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Thu May 14, 2009 6:24 pm

i watch tv and i dream of manslaugther
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Lina
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Hahaha I'm not even going to say half the **** I've drempt about. Dreams are fucked up. Srsly.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Thu May 14, 2009 6:44 pm

I usually have dreams of being someone cool lol

Lina
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Thu May 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Last nightmare I had at a hospital with my little sis who had something wrong with her and I was visiting, then I left and I was at a big fancy art show party. Then everything went horror movie and I started blacking out and seeing dead kids and stuff. THEN I woke up in the dream and I was at my grandparents old place and I had been sleeping on their couch. I couldn't find any of the light switches to turn the lights on til I got to the kitchen...and then after that I woke up I think lol.

This I blame on eating ice cream too close to bed time though. Not all the horror movies with dead kids I watched hahaha. Love those movies.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9725
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   Tue May 19, 2009 2:48 am

I once had a dream when I was young where I was in my bedroom with a robot and the door was locked. I thought to myself, "This is going to turn into a nightmare." I used to have nightmares every 2-3 days and for many years I would go to bed every night fearing a nightmare. I came up with the idea of having the robot eat me before it became a nightmare. I asked him to eat me and he started to and took one small bite and a flesh chunk came off my body and he ate it. But it was too slow and I begged him to hurry but I woke up before he even got a few bites in.

I had a dream that I was fighting some sort of a boss and the boss happened to be a female and I remember I tried to rape her. Unfortunately my sex life in my dreams is about as bad as in real life (nil).

I once had a dream that I jumped off a cliff and I believed in the dream that I was going to die and I was anticipating it and I hit the ground and everything became black. I immediately made the connection that I was still alive since I was still aware and that I was probably in a hospital or something and about to experience severe pain.

By far the best dream I've ever had, and the best moment of my entire life, was a dream where I was walking on a sidewalk and fell down and cried by some plants. It was kind of like a "religious" experience inside a dream...only it had a very bare and naturalistic theme, hence "religious" in quotations.

It's interesting to note that while I have had dreams where I knew I was in a dream and tried to control my environment...I never actually could. I remember when I was really really young, like 4 or something, I used to have some pretty surreal dreams like one with two rooms full of ghosts which did not communicate but only terrorize, one red and one blue, one full of violence and restlessness and the other full of loneliness and depression, both on the top of a tall tower with a window in each room showing blackness outside and a small door between. I would spend my eternity there wondering which side to go to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares   

Back to top Go down

Parents blame tv for causing their children nightmares
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1