Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Self-Portrait

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 12:16 am

By Samah Abdo aka me.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14871
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 12:40 am

are you studying cubism? i think it is very interesting.......not my style....but im interested to know what mood you were in when you made that

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10614
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 12:43 am

i cant see ya.........o wait....i think i see it...its called ABSTRACT...yeah...I fail..
But srsly...nicely done...
i dont have the patience to do such art works...so i think that makes it sooo good..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 12:51 am

brutality,thynameismetal wrote:
are you studying cubism? i think it is very interesting.......not my style....but im interested to know what mood you were in when you made that

Well, im kinda depressed right now. And we were supposed to pick an artistic movement and represent it. Mine was geometrical abstraction.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 12:55 am

wow,......
i think the only painting style i know is impressionisim. well, the only one i know of that i have had practice with painting like.

WHICH REMINDS ME!

i have to post my paitings from my class. the class ended, and they are going to have a proper......burrial......trial by fire i suspect. so i better get a pic before they are lit up on fire.

and sorry to hear you are in a dark mood. things will look up....they always do :o

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10614
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 12:57 am

you know what always cheers me up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkIS3G64ug0&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25290
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 8:42 am

Very good

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15993
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 3:33 pm

That's pretty cool Aeldy... I love abstract art. It's one of my favorite styles

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 3:39 pm

I mean no offence to anybody, but modern/abstract art sucks, and it's acceptance is the reason why people like that talentless whore Tracy Emin won the Turner prize. Dali is about the limit you can take abstract art to and keep any semblance of real meaning.

I have an Diploma in Art, studying artists like Schiele, who did real, powerful things with expressionism and is unnoticed nowadays for crap like Jackson Pollock who basically just swallows paint and masturbates over a canvas.

Sorry about the rant, but this is one of my pet peeves.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 3:44 pm

aeldy, please dont get down on yourself

but the line..."swallows paint and masturbates".....i say wow.....im not the only one that thinks like that.

and dali was.....interesting to say the least. id like to think that Freud would have had a field day with him

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 5:45 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
I mean no offence to anybody, but modern/abstract art sucks, and it's acceptance is the reason why people like that talentless whore Tracy Emin won the Turner prize. Dali is about the limit you can take abstract art to and keep any semblance of real meaning.

I have an Diploma in Art, studying artists like Schiele, who did real, powerful things with expressionism and is unnoticed nowadays for crap like Jackson Pollock who basically just swallows paint and masturbates over a canvas.

well, its a free forum, so you can pretty much say wtv you want. I didnt post it so you guys would say "OMG ITS AWESOME" 'cause i dont even think its awesome. I had to represent Geometrical Abstraction and there it is, im just posting my "homework" all the time so i can keep a record of my so called progress and wanted to share it with you guys, I'm sorry you dont like it but im not looking for an aproval anyway. You may not like it but abstract art is still art and if you are studying the history of art then you have to read and give every style a try, at least that's what I think. I studied Literature and just hated neoclassicism but still had to open my eyes and mind and deal with it. Funny thing is, the "dada" movement is actually my favorite one(you probably hate me by now). You figure that out. And I think that just like I respect your opinion and im pretty sure that if you post some of your work or wtv ill respect it too, im still in the right place when I ask for just the same.

Thanks for your honest opinion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 5:48 pm

AeldraAvitus wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:

well, its a free forum, so you can pretty much say wtv you want. I didnt post it so you guys would say "OMG ITS AWESOME" 'cause i dont even think its awesome. I had to represent Geometrical Abstraction and there it is, im just posting my "homework" all the time so i can keep a record of my so called progress and wanted to share it with you guys, I'm sorry you dont like it but im not looking for an aproval anyway. You may not like it but abstract art is still art and if you are studying the history of art then you have to read and give every style a try, at least that's what I think. I studied Literature and just hated neoclassicism but still had to open my eyes and mind and deal with it. Funny thing is, the "dada" movement is actually my favorite one(you probably hate me by now). You figure that out. And I think that just like I respect your opinion and im pretty sure that if you post some of your work or wtv ill respect it too, im still in the right place when I ask for just the same.

Thanks for your honest opinion Very Happy
oooh, aeldra. thanks for taking it so stoically. that was so awesome. way to speak your mind

+rep

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Would you say it was Stoically Satirical?

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 5:56 pm

hrmmm, maybe.....

lol

shut up acadia avaenue lolllll

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 6:23 pm

hrmmm, maybe.....

lol

no thou

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 6:38 pm

AeldraAvitus wrote:
Thank you

yw

breakyoudown wrote:
hrmmm, maybe.....

lol

no thou
ohhh, dost thou protest?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   Tue May 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Sunburn would be unfitting for thoust face!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-Portrait   

Back to top Go down

Self-Portrait
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1