Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16110
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:01 pm

One thing that really pisses me off is how you can find all these band shirts at walmart and sh!t. At the local walmart, they have shirts for AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Queen, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones, and many other bands. I think it's cool that you can get shirts like that at walmart for like 10 bucks, but you always get these douchebags that go and buy them and have no clue who the band is. For example, there's this kid at school who got a Pink Floyd shirt and I saw it, so I say "Hey man, I didn't know you liked Pink Floyd! What's your favorite song?". So the kid looks down at his shirt, which has "Dark Side of the Moon" printed on it, and says "uhhhhh Dark Side of the Moon". WTF? That's not even a ****!ng song!!!! It's almost insulting to those of us who actually love those bands. One of our vice principals at our school sometimes makes conversation with me while I wait outside of our school for my friends, and one day he noticed my "The Doors" tee shirt and said "The Doors! I grew up with them, they were always one of my favorite bands. Do you actually listen to their music?". That's f*cking insulting. Of course I told him that I have every song they ever put out, and tons of bootlegs. That's just one of my huge pet peeves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25407
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Yeah that annoys me too
One of my friends has 3 Metallica shirts
And yet he thinks Fuel is there best song, he also thinks that they sing The Trooper
/facepalm

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Well it's okay if he likes Fuel I guess, although I certainly disagree. But seriously, why would you buy a shirt of a band you know almost nothing about? It's a damned disgrace if you ask me
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:21 pm

When they sale SLAYER / DEATH / TESTAMENT thats when ill worrie ..
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:36 pm

Liking Fuel is a damnation to the blackest devil

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14988
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:46 pm

well, i agree wholeheartedly with axe
and now for sth slightly unrelated

my friend, whom i will razz with him about this till the day he dies really messed up once.....in the car, U2 was playing, and he says
"sunday bloody sunday....didnt metallica do this song"
*/facedesk*

he will never ever ever ever live that down lol

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:48 pm

Has anybody heard Crack Dat by Judas Priest?

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:56 pm

There are so many posers out there now . Back in the day when you went to a show you wore your tee that you got at the show to school the next day to show off . But when i went to a cult / whitesnake show and had my cult tee on and every kid in school had a " here we go again " tee on i knew it was over .. lol
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11813
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 am

Cult are ****ing amazing dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9846
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 am

There aren't many trendy kids or kids that go around with band t-shirts at my school. Pretty much every band t-shirt that I do see is something that is pretty mainstream though. I've seen:
Shadows Fall
Slipknot
Cradle of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Children of Bodom
Metallica

There is this one kid who wears band shirts that I have a hard time reading the names of but one was Decrepit Birth or whatever, a technical death metal band. That's probably like the only thing I've seen that isn't immediately known by tons of people. It kind of suggests that people who wear these t-shirts tend not to know many bands but the mainstream ones. Personally if I was ever going to wear a band t-shirt I would wear one of the many bands I love that aren't very well known, as most bands I love aren't mainstream (but I'm no enemy of the mainstream really).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lina
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1724
Hedonistic Glory : 4515
Joined In : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Ummm I think the only band shirts I own are a Lost Prophets that I bought at a thrift store, Pink Floyd that I bought at wal-mart and eternity ago (I only wear it to bed now lol) and a Manson shirt that I just bought a few days ago because it's my fav current band and I don't have a shirt. Besides that I hate buying clothes online and I figured I might as well buy it at the store while they have them.

The biggest reason (other than how pricey they can be) I don't buy a shirt for every band I like (and holy **** that'd be a lot of shirts lol) is that I'm not fanatical about any band really. I don't memorize all the band members, songs and albums and I don't read every article published that mentions them. I wore the Lost Prophets shirt for example and I was interogated about the band lol. "Did you hear that so-n-so member said that so-n-so song was about blah blah blah? and their last bassist was kicked out because blah blah..." (and yeah I like them but not obsessed)

Honestly intellect is a plus but I listen to the bands because I like the music/lyrics/entertainment of it all. I don't care what or who they do otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leunderground.proboards51.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofil
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:06 pm

yeah, im with you on that,
i think the only time ill buy a band shirt is at a concert. they are wayyyyy pricey.....but it is a good souvenir....for those that cant remember lol

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Lina
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:11 pm

When I go to concerts I usually have no cash lol so it's fail anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://leunderground.proboards51.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofil
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:13 pm

well that is really handy. cuse then you cant spend the cash that you dont have. i say to myslef "ok, no 6 dollar bottles of soda, no food, no drinks, just ONE shirt" and i bring 50$. wow, that was pricey...
and mayhem is going to be difficult, cuse there are going to be like 5 bands t's i want but i WILL not have the cash. lol. oh well

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Lina
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Yeah, I might get a general concert T for that one, but if I want to get individual band ts then I can get them cheaper elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10509
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:26 pm

hateyou1st wrote:
It happened. my friend got a slayer shirt and doesnt even own one song by them except raining blood. /facepalm
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:27 pm

I've never had a chance to buy an actual concert tee, but sometimes on ebay I look for older concert tees in my size and buy them for a pittance. That's honestly all I wear and own lol. I own ONE polo shirt, and that is for job hunting lol. I also own one pair of khakis which are also for job hunting lol. Other than that, it's ratty band tee shirts and jeans lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:28 pm

link23417 wrote:
hateyou1st wrote:
It happened. my friend got a slayer shirt and doesnt even own one song by them except raining blood. /facepalm

I bet he's one of those guitar hero goons, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10509
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:31 pm

pretty much. I am not really sure why i am friends with him, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:35 pm

That pisses me off. I mean, he could be a really cool guy, but ANYONE who gets their musical tastes from that game piss me off. Hell, one time I was listening to Ratt or something at school, and some kid heard it and he's like "oh, you play guitar hero too?" /facepalm

Of course I play that game, but I knew about that band long before that was even thought of
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lina
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:39 pm

Haha most of the shirts I have I would definately not wear to a job interveiw because they're retro comic themed or different movies and things like that. I mean it's going to be distracting for the interveiwer if I'm wearing a shirt with the face of Heath Ledger as the Joker stareing at them the whole time lol.

Also, I play/sing songs on guitar hero/rock band that I would never buy. Razz
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:40 pm

I dress to impress when I go to a job lol, but other than that I look like a criminal or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:50 pm

i always try looking my best. i wasnt blessed with a particularly beautiful face lol, so i dress nicely.....most of the time it is long sleeve semi-dress shirts and jeans....unless it is the weekend, in which case i wear what i slept in

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Lina
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:58 pm

lol I don't think I look good in any clothes so I just wear what's comfortable most of the time.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:05 pm

I only look good if my hair looks good
For real

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Well I'm a big, fat, hairy man. I just wear what's comfortable, because clothes don't help lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm

i prefer my hair coiffed
just wanted to say that....doesnt come up very often

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:41 pm

I just got my hair cut : (

super short
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:45 pm

i call bs. you know what means.....
PICTURE TIME!!!! yayayayaaya

wow, that was.....unexpected

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Dammit. Okay. I miss my hair : ( But, I need a job.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:53 pm

i think it looks nice. srsly, i wouldnt **** you
maybe hack a little off the sideburns mr. lennon

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Hahahahaha you couldn't see my sideburns before lol

But thank you, I don't think it looks bad, I just loved my long hair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:56 pm

oh i know
i used to have the jew-fro going on. i missed my hair when i cut it off. except i went shorter than you

i went bald

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:00 pm

I also trimmed my beard, so now it's just a little beard lol. But yeah, it's not so bad. For some reason I thought it made me look thinner if my hair was long. I don't know why
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:01 pm

that can sometimes happen, i just equate super long hair with juveniles

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:07 pm

I want chops

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:17 pm

brutality,thynameismetal wrote:

That seems pointlessly judgemental to me. I have past neck length nearing shoulder length hair and I don't see me cutting it any time soon for any reason other than it annoys me. I'll probably grow it so long I can't deal with it and then donate some of it.

Anyway on to band shirts I agree when people wear a band shirt and don't even know that it's a band that annoys the **** out of me. Generally thats all I wear are band T's and a few picture shirts or something like that pretty well all black shirts and jeans. Plus my denim patch jacket when its that time of year.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:19 pm

take a pork tenderloin, and grill for about 15 minutes on each side seasoning occasionally.
then presto, chops.....lol

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:21 pm

take a pork tenderloin, and grill for about 15 minutes on each side seasoning occasionally.
then presto, chops.....lol

That sounds really good right now actually despite the fact that I ate food not long ago.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:22 pm

blackstar wrote:

That seems pointlessly judgemental to me. I have past neck length nearing shoulder length hair and I don't see me cutting it any time soon for any reason other than it annoys me. I'll probably grow it so long I can't deal with it and then donate some of it.

Anyway on to band shirts I agree when people wear a band shirt and don't even know that it's a band that annoys the **** out of me. Generally thats all I wear are band T's and a few picture shirts or something like that pretty well all black shirts and jeans. Plus my denim patch jacket when its that time of year.

i think you misunderstand me. i said juvenille, not immature. i think you read it as immature. i mean, there is NOTHING wring with long hair, just the younger people can wear it better. i dont think right now, long hair is practical, or that it looks good on me. you my be different however. you also may have long hair until you are 50, or cut it off a month from now....
what im saying is that i generally equate long hair with young-ER people.
weather its right or wrong, im sorry i see it that way

clear things up a bit?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Ok I see what you mean now, thanks for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:25 pm

np, i was betting you were reading it incorrectly

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:31 pm

I love my chops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:33 pm

'nough said

and i love mine.....especially with a herb rosemary spread

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon   

Back to top Go down

My favorite song is Dark Side of the Moon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1