Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Today, the British Nationalist Party leader, Nick Griffin, was pelted with eggs, after gaining power in the European elections. People called him Nazi Scum. Idiots.

What these people fail to understand, and have been failing to understand even before Enoch Powell's memorable and very acurate "Rivers of Blood" speech, is that their is no such thing as multiculturalism. No two cultures have ever co-existed together peacefully.

This is not an issue concerning the colour of your skin.

Britain is a secular society, and the influx of Eastern foreingers, who wear their religion like a second skin, and ostracize themselves in ghettos, not contributing to our national identity, expecting all the benefits of living here without having to sacrifice a little, expect their religion to be honoured in terms of law, creating a double standard, and want nothing to do with white people. It is an observation of mine that our Eastern friends are more racist than "us whites".

I have no problem if you come to live here, if you become part of the greater community and don't wear your differences like a badge of honour, but if that's all you're here to do, besides throw eggs, then I remain on Nick's side, and will see you out of Britain, home of the BRITISH!
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4368
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Nick Griffin repeatedly said many racist things on sky news, while being nationalist DOES NOT mean you are racist Nick Griffin is 100% racist and i'm sure of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Shady wrote:
Nick Griffin repeatedly said many racist things on sky news, while being nationalist DOES NOT mean you are racist Nick Griffin is 100% racist and i'm sure of that.

I can agree with that, but I get so angry, and having the choice of supporting the Conservatives, Psuedo-Conservatives or the Liberals, the BNP will get my vote. UKIP don't count. I try to be polically apathetic, but it's hard in the face of such monumental idiocy as Britain is currently seeing.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25401
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:30 pm

People who are anti political try to come off as rebels with principals, but end up coming out like a emo wimp. Calling him a nazi is just pure distaste. It pisses me off when people decide to take one of your arguments then warp it into something you've never said. Godamn fickle citizens, need a slap or two

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11807
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:59 pm

I pretty well agree with everything said here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10503
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:00 am

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9840
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 am

I agree with the title. There are three degrees of racism. The highest degree is the more or less philosophical position that one or more races are superior to one or more other races. Then there is racism that isn't exactly as clear-cut as the definition above but basically involves the use of stereotypes to judge individuals of a race. Lastly there is racism that involves far more trivial things such as racial language and racial jokes. That's not really racism in and of itself but is often associated with racism.

As for nationalism I never really understood it. I have a lot of respect for some people and admire certain actions but never really heralded my heritage or country as a whole. I get along fine with just about everyone regardless of their culture or beliefs. I can't say the same for my family though. The premise that it is not possible for different cultures to exist peacefully together has some truth to it but it is not a black and white thing. There are always conflicts but they can be very mild or very severe. It's a continuum.

I agree with what you said about some of the religious rights problems in Britain. I'm not an expert on it at all but from a few of the things I have learned it seems quite distasteful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5565
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:18 am

Nationalism leads to isolationism.

Isolationism leads to intolerance.

Intolerance leads to racism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11807
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:57 am

I also agree with Portrait in that, those are all negative results of extreme Nationalism. I think it's a good thing in reason but I also believe there is a fine line that can be crossed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:40 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Nationalism leads to isolationism.

This is a moot point, as they isolate themselves, so people are skipping straight ahead to being racist. It's rather sad watching a yobbish generation of youths growing up hating Asians when they have no idea why they hate them, or indeed if they should hate them at all.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14982
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:05 am

well, i live in the grand state of california.....but it is lowly turning into mexico city. i dont like it.
i agree with the title, im not racist...but if you want a mexico.....live there....dont flee your country to come here, where you can set up shop and make san diego all mexican

ahhh soo passionate....

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5565
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:50 pm

Um, Mexico has no employment, an economy in shambles, and drug cartels that practically run the country.

If you can honestly tell me you'd keep your own family in Mexico, given the same circumstances, you're either a liar, or an idiot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16104
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
Today, the British Nationalist Party leader, Nick Griffin, was pelted with eggs, after gaining power in the European elections. People called him Nazi Scum. Idiots.

What these people fail to understand, and have been failing to understand even before Enoch Powell's memorable and very acurate "Rivers of Blood" speech, is that their is no such thing as multiculturalism. No two cultures have ever co-existed together peacefully.

This is not an issue concerning the colour of your skin.

Britain is a secular society, and the influx of Eastern foreingers, who wear their religion like a second skin, and ostracize themselves in ghettos, not contributing to our national identity, expecting all the benefits of living here without having to sacrifice a little, expect their religion to be honoured in terms of law, creating a double standard, and want nothing to do with white people. It is an observation of mine that our Eastern friends are more racist than "us whites".

I have no problem if you come to live here, if you become part of the greater community and don't wear your differences like a badge of honour, but if that's all you're here to do, besides throw eggs, then I remain on Nick's side, and will see you out of Britain, home of the BRITISH!

100% agreed! Everyone calls me a racist because I think the same way. If you want to immigrate to another country, you should adapt to their customs instead of forcing your own down everyone's throat. We have a problem where I live because many immigrants from Mexico come here for work. Most of the jobs here in my city REQUIRE you to speak both English and Spanish because of all of the immigrants who won't learn English. I have no problem with people from other countries, Hell, I love other cultures. I just think that if you're going to immigrate you should learn to speak their language and adapt to their way of life. If I moved to Mexico or another Spanish speaking nation, I would learn Spanish first. /rant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:04 pm

portrait, i dont blaim them for running. but setting up camp here just like it was at home is unacceptable.
we should not be catering to them. if i "fled" to mexico, i wouldnt expect people to speak english or do things the way i did them at home

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:30 pm

brutality,thynameismetal wrote:
portrait, i dont blaim them for running. but setting up camp here just like it was at home is unacceptable.
we should not be catering to them. if i "fled" to mexico, i wouldnt expect people to speak english or do things the way i did them at home

Brute, that is a very conservative view. I'm proud of you : )

I like it when we can think a certain way regardless of political views
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:32 pm

well, thats porbably the ONLY conservative view i have.
well, what is the extreme liberal view on this topic? let them stay, no rules? srsly, what is the most liberal way of thinking about immigration?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:35 pm

"Aw, let them come here. Our nation is a nation built on immigrants!"

See that kind of thinking will do our country in. You don't have to subscribe to a political view and stick with it 100%. Like, the topic of gay marriage. I am a conservative, but I think it should be allowed because it doesn't really affect me directly (unless I have to hear about their bedroom escapades) I think if you look at what you believe, you will find that your viewpoints aren't all liberal, just as mine aren't all conservative
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:39 pm

well, sorry to burst your bubble, but i have no problem with immigration. i WILL NOT cater to their needs. jsut as i would expect to be treated in another country. im not some stupid dumb-ass american and expect everyone to use dollars and speak english.
when people come over here, they need to get insurance, car insurance. i havent been crashed into by an illegal, but i think i would murder someone if they crashed into me, had no insurance and i had to pay
they need to have a somewhat firm grasp on the language. speaking native language is fine. idc. but when your accent is so thick and broken up and i cant understand you....sorry.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:42 pm

You're not bursting my bubble. I have NO problem with immigration at all. But I do have a problem with illegal immigration because then we get immigrants coming here who don't know any English, who are possible criminals, who shove their beliefs and customs down our throats, and generally cause problems in society because it's hard to conduct business with them. I'm not an intolerant redneck, contrary to popular belief
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist   

Back to top Go down

Being a nationalist doesn't make you racist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1