Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Male Image in the Media

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25401
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: The Male Image in the Media   Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:31 pm

The male image is always shown as a prominent one, a strong figure in control. This media heavily impacts the youth. The G.I Joe action figure has seen some significant bicept increase. In movies, guns continue to be larger and poses become more and more menacing. Having a gun or muscles means control, and control means respect from others which is an ultimate goal. Action heroes have also undergone major changes to insult the male image. Batman, for example was an average physique in the early television shows. Now he is wearing heavy armour and is very muscular. Real manhood is connected to size. The image can also be racist, earlier in film history, blacks are shown as athletes, and asians as criminals or mathematicians. Interestingly enough, Italian mobbster films such as The Godfather influence rap. So white males act like blacks who act like Italian gangsters. But now violence is a normal aspect of being a male in these movies or any television shows. Even in sports, you gain respect by disrespecting the other team. Strangely, the genre of slasher-horror is often famous of sexualized violenced whereas the female is in an erotically vulnerable state towards a man. Positive role models are Mark McGuire as he donated to charity, and even cried on television. It is not often where you see a man of his size and power in tears. Also the actor of Stand and Deliver is a good role model as he uses his skills to help REACH DEEZE KIDS.

PostSubject: Re: The Male Image in the Media   Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:54 am

khm khm. i have a little speech prepared on this subject.
the male image in the media that is presented now days is a pile of bullsiht. the actual results makes only a bunch of macho jackasses that don't know **** about anything, thus forcing all of the male population to be looked upon as mediocre cavemen that know nothing more than to beat their chest. s for those macho jerks - their asses should be handed to them. one of such examples we have on this forum. now our beloved moderator was forced to knock out 2 guys just recently who fell under the influence of this divine image. so the actual problem is trying to separate human in alpha and beta specimen. only thing is everybody wants to be an alpha and with that be superior to others. now the ppl who don't give a **** about what "the definition of a man" by any tv program or any magazine says, like ours truly hate, are forced to take more physical means to protect their families and their basic human rights.
so in conclusion i have to say one thing - **** YOU POPULAR MEDIA AND YOUR IMAGE, 'CAUSE WE ARE WHO WE WANT TO BE, AND THE DUMBSHIT THAT YOU PRODUCE WITH YOUR CRAP TALK SHOULD BE BEHEADED, THEIR BODIES SET ON FIRE AND THEIR HEADS USED TO SET AN EXAMPLE.
thank you very much for your time.

p.s. byd did you move into a whorehouse? i mean since it says 22 acacia avenue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Male Image in the Media   Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 am

Wow... You weren't having a good day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Male Image in the Media   Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:39 am

i'm having a rather suckish month
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25401
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The Male Image in the Media   Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:42 am

That was entertaining
I like it

PostSubject: Re: The Male Image in the Media   Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:25 am

then you should have heard me in my politics and economy class in high school. damn those classes could consist of 3 things:
my 45 min long speeches where i proved everybody wrong, even myself
arguing with the professor to take her time and not have the actual class
making sarcastic comments that usually got me thrown out of the class
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Male Image in the Media   

Back to top Go down

The Male Image in the Media
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1