Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16054
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:49 pm

The Pentagon shrugged off a threat from North Korea Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map.

"I don't even know how to respond to that. It's silliness," said Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell."For what and with what?"

But even as the spokesman discounted the threat from the communist nation, which reportedly may fire a Taepodong-2 toward Hawaii in early July, he defended Defense Secretary Robert Gate's decision to move the THAAD system to Hawaii along with the massive SBX radar system.

"I don't think he would have deployed that THAAD if he didn't think there was a reason to do so," he said.

Tensions have been high since North Korea walked away from nuclear disarmament talks and warned it would fire a long-range missile.

U.S. officials have said it would take at least three to five years for North Korea to pose a real threat to the U.S. west coast.

But a A senior defense official told FOX News earlier Wednesday that the "Tapeodong 2 potentially has the range to reach Hawaii." He said also he was "very confident" these deployed missile defenses have the capability to take out any missile the North may launch.

The isolated regime made the threat as a U.S. destroyer shadows a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to the military dictatorship in Myanmar in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.

The Kang Nam left the North Korean port of Nampo a week ago with the USS John S. McCain close behind. As the Kang Nam moves South, the McCain has been replaced by the USS McCampbell, which took over monitoring on Tuesday.

The new U.N. Security Council resolution requires member states to seek permission to inspect suspicious cargo. North Korea has said it would consider interception a declaration of war and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to provoke another Korean War.

"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," the official Korean Central News Agency said.

The warning came on the eve of the 59th anniversary of the start of the three-year Korean War, which ended in a truce in 1953, not a peace treaty, leaving the peninsula officially in a state of war.

The U.S. has 28,500 troops in South Korea to protect against an outbreak of hostilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25351
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Godammit
These guys are seriously the most dense people in the world right now. Kim Jong Ill is not a God.

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:53 pm

He is insane, that's all there is to it. I for one support the idea that we should go get rid of him. He causes too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10675
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:55 pm

My thoughts:

Act like Varg:

Nuke those fuckers b4 they Nuke you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:02 pm

I don't think we should nuke them right now
War is not going to get them peace
We will not be able to use their ignorance as strength
We will not turn slavery into freedom
The only thing we own is the couple inchs inside our skull

I have used a ridiculous amount of 1984 references today on the forum lol

But seriously, nuking would be a uttilitarian way of looking at it. It may be benefitical if it were to stop a future war. But even if that would happen, its not morally right or the war may not ever exist

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:04 pm

We shouldn't nuke them, but we need to find some way to stop Kim Jon Ill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10675
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 pm

maybe a magnicide...they need to kill him
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:11 pm

The thing is that they are madly loyal to Kim

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:49 am

The US daren't do anyrhing but theaten sanctions if a country actually happens to have nuclear deterents, America will leave them well alone. North Korea will do whatever the hell they like and no one will stop them.

Besides, you can't nuke anyone anymore, its a pointless weapon: everyone has anti missile technology, meaning the nuke gets blown up near the atmosphere and we all get a nice taste of radioactive rain!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:01 pm

well here's a way to get rid of kim - put me in charge. hell it even won't be called north korea anymore. it shall be styxasia
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Starcraft players are pretty much have the same celebrity status as actors here

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:43 pm

they can be celebs all they want, but i'm telling you give the country to me. and i'll move metailisfav there and won't make you pay taxes. oh and the first one to think of a name for the national anthem (motorhead song would be preferred) will be the duke of styxasia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.   

Back to top Go down

North Korea threatens to wipe out the U.S.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1