Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Crackdown REVIEW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15991
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Crackdown REVIEW   Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:23 pm

Crackdown is an action title created by developer Realtime Worlds and published by Microsoft. The game is a third person shooter style game where the player can raise his skills in specific areas in order to achieve their goal. The game alows the player to have access the an entire city, much like the grand theft auto series.

Crackdown starts you off in an agency garage where you choose which area you want to go to first. Your objective is to take out 3 gangs in the city, each in their own specific area. The gangs have one crime boss, and several underbosses, and the player is given to option of how to take out the gang boss. The player can eliminate underbosses to weaken the crime boss's resources (such as men, vehicles, weapons, etc), which ultimately makes it easier to eliminate the kingpin. As you play through the game, you raise your skills in 5 different abilities; agility, driving, firearms, explosives, and strength. This is where the game gets interesting. With each level of agility, you can run faster and jump higher, to the point where you can jump over buildings and run faster than vehicles. As you progress in your driving ability, you have access to different agency vehicles which can drive faster than any civilian vehicle. When you raise your firearms ability, you obviously can shoot more accurately. the explosives skill improves the blast radius of missiles and grenades. The strength skill, which is my personal favorite, makes it so you can pick up many in game objects, such as semi trucks, dumpsters, dead bodies, and light posts. You can use these things as weapons. Also, your melee attacks will do much more damage. You get to the point where you can kick people hundreds of feet.

A man carrying a car in crackdown

Agents unloading on people in co-op mode

A man jumping hundreds of feet in the air

Crackdown's story offers little in the way of entertainment. The over the top action is what's addicting about this game. Another cool thing about this game is the online co-op. You can host or join games over xbox live and tag team the missions. It's very fun to play with another person. The game can get repetitive after a playthrough or two, but the first time you play through it, it feels fresh every time you turn it on. just because of the way your skills develop, you are always being introduced to new ways to defeat your foes. Overall, this game is amazing. It's very fun and very addictive, so if you love over the top action and arcade style gameplay this game would be great for you.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25288
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown REVIEW   Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:00 am

I LOVE crackdown
So manly
You kick GODAMN cars as their driving full speed
I loved how you'd level your jumping, shooting and strength
Glad to hear of a sequel

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15991
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown REVIEW   Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 am

Hell yeah man, the only addition I want is that they allow you to throw live people. Is that show much to ask? This game was amazing though. Grand Theft Auto kicks it's ass in terms of story, variety, and depth but man this game just owns any game of it's kind in terms of fun and screwing around. I love it!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25288
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown REVIEW   Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:06 pm

I actually like the lack of story. The only thing is that when there is only 1 boss left their sometimes hard to find. But whatever, it makes the game like shoot em up the movie. 2 minutes of introducing characters, then Clive Owen shooting people for the next hour

Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4255
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown REVIEW   Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Thing I disliked about the first one was it was only 2 player co-op and it wasnt even jump in jump out co-op which was a shame because it was brilliant, but they've said the next one is four player co-op and eight player or 16 player (cant remember) online. Can't wait.

Good review by the way Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown REVIEW   

Back to top Go down

Crackdown REVIEW
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1