Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What's the angriest you've been at a game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25287
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:37 am

This post inspired me to make this thread

When I played through Culdcept Saga for 360. Maybe it is just me, but the AI in that game sucks, so the game makes up for that by cheating. The AI will almost always role the perfect die that get's them in between all your creature monster things, they will always have the perfect cards to off-set anything you have, and any kinda trap you set will always be passed by. Another problem is that the AI isn't too bad until you start to take a significant lead and then it kicks in and loads the dice. And the worst part is that I went into this game not knowing anything about, IDK what to call it, battle card collection genre. This is a game where you have to like what it does and fast or you won't get into it that much if at all.
Most battles take an hour at least, the longest battle I had took almost 5 hours, and I lost. Had to replay it. I had to buy a new T.V. because I punched a hole in it.

Not really, but you believed me, I did have to buy a new controller and a new copy of the game however. I didn't care how much money I needed to pay, I snapped the disc in half after the 5 hour battle I lost in because the AI rolled 8 FIVE times in a row which made it beat me back to the "go" point to win; I then stuck the disc in my pants for a standing t-bag.

;_; I will never be the same person after that match of virtual cards.

breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 am

Also found this post

Ninja Gaiden 2
WHERE THE F*CK DO I BEGIN
ALL the bosses do nothing but grab attacks that take away a quarter of your health
and just before a main boss battle there is almost ALWAYS a group of enemies that are hard the beat and after the fight you have little health left and no way to recover so you have to fight cheap ass boss
Also on the 6th level the werewolf enemies take a f*ck load of damage and can easily take away half of your health in a matter of seconds
All this caused me to hit my head against the wall, throwing everything in arms reach, and even at one point caused me to basically say "F*ck you, piss off" to one of my neighbors who asked politely me to be quiet since her and her 5 year old daughter, who was having a birthday party at the time, could hear me. I later apologized.

I haven't even started yet
The final boss, the arch fiend, took me about 3 hours to beat because right before this fight you have to fight this cult leader whose attacks are hard to dodge while at the same time 2 respawning demons
this fight obviously leaves me with about a quarter of my health and I have to fight the final boss immediately after wards
This part alone made me pound the arm rests of my chair about a hundred times
First I have to shoot the boss's head then shoot the its glowing stomach, immediately after shooting its head, it pucks blood at me, this I can easily dodge, but THEN the boss sends out these ghost skulls which are impossible to avoid, so the skulls hit and by the time I get up it recovers and I have to start this whole process all over again. Every time I died started pulling my hair and screaming horrible things
One of my neighbors actually came to my house to see if I was all right, I lied to him, because it was embarrassing to tell him that a game was causing me to act like I was crazy, saying that I was mad because my girlfriend broke with me, which she did just a day before this
after about 15 tries I win
BUT THEN I have to fight the damn thing again
In this fight, avoiding its attacks seemed impossible and I couldn't find a time where could attack it, hence I kept dying again and again
this caused me to go into a mad rage, to where I started yelling every swear word that popped into my head, punching and kicking my bed and everything else in my room. While in this mad rage I grabbed my belt and started smacking it across my closet door, which left black streaks on the door, I eventually painted over the streaks.
Frustrated, tired, and wanting to just beat the game I went on my computer and searched for a walkthrough
It turns out all I had to do was ATTACK ITS RIGHT ARM THE WHOLE TIME!
I finally beat it, after watching the closing cutscene and credits, I just sat in my room for about 10 minutes thinking of my victory, but at wait cost
a messed up room and a closet door that I have to repaint
After repainting the door I took a victory shower to wash away my pain and sorrow

ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10611
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:19 pm

i've damaged 2 routers when playing dota...the game disconects...and im like f***!"!
and throw the damn thing against the wall...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:38 pm

I just swear loudly when I lose
That's the worst I get

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15990
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Dead Rising was very frustrating for me. You have to run around and rescue survivors within a tiny time limit, all the while getting mauled by zombies because the combat system went wacko 9 times out of 10. A lot of times you get mauled so you can't move, and they slowly take down your health until you die because it's impossible to get away, then you get to reload from an hour ago because there are like 4 save spots in the whole game

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:18 pm

i swear i've broken more than 2 mouses playing DOta or Counter Strike...
Im like
f***!!! *smashes mouse...*
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9726
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Well I'm really really not used to losing in Starcraft so when I do lose I get pretty annoyed. If I lose twice it is pretty bad. If I lose three times in a row then I pretty much quit playing for the rest of the day. I don't throw tantrums though and I'm still nice to the opponent and everything but it does get me down kind of lol. Sometimes makes me wonder what it is like for my opponents when I'm always beating them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:31 pm

i hate when im the only decent player on my team...
i mean
1 decent player...4 noobs vs 5 decent players.
WTF?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:16 am

The angriest I've been was trying to complete Gears of War 2 on insane difficulty: I did it, but my controller took some beatings from being thrown against the wall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the angriest you've been at a game?   

Back to top Go down

What's the angriest you've been at a game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1