Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Freshman Orientation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9785
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Freshman Orientation   Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:53 pm

So I went down to the University of Santa Barbara to do Freshman Orientation. It was strange. The people there are too nice and loving. There has to be evil somewhere in that school.

Unfortunately I had only 1 hour of rest before going on the trip early in the morning and all the walking and sitting put its toll on my minor injury. I was so out of it I was barely able to sign up for classes but this is what I ended up doing...
Math 3C (Linear Algebra)
Writing 2 (Academic Writing)
Oceanography 3A (Basic Astronomy got filled up so it is time for some Ahab)
So yeah I'm going to have to get a 2.5 GPA average in my pre-major classes in order to qualify for a major in mathematics (Bachelor of Arts).

So far I plan on bringing my guitar and iPod and I'm going to buy a labtop to bring as well. I might bring my stereo but on the sign up sheet for what kind of roommate I wanted I said that I didn't want music to be played out loud so I'm going to wait off on it. I regret putting that down.

Damn that school is pretty liberal and stuff. I definitely see what people say about universities. I know I'm left or neutral when it comes to civil rights issues and stuff but this was like aggressive. During the opening ceremony one of the higher ups of the university was encouraging kids to get one friend of the opposite sexual alignment and was bragging about how we had the most black students entering this year etc. etc. I looked at the list of clubs and there was nothing for communism or nationalism, but there was an anarchist club. I feel strange at the school. I'm just starting to realize that I'm not an academic person at heart. I got C average grades as a child and most of my friends don't care about school very much at all. All these university advertisements do nothing for me at all. Prestige? Excitement? Diversity? Could care less about prestige, not excited, and I like people who have their own 'culture' more than anything else. It keeps it interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25346
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Freshman Orientation   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:10 pm

Yeah I have no idea what will happen next year. I will miss my friends. I doubt they'll miss me. I will also have to find a way to bring a xbox and tv. I refuse not to kill zombies or something in free time. But as for the courses go- I'm not really worried, there is a crap ton of extra help available

PostSubject: Re: Freshman Orientation   Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:11 am

get away from Linear Algebra!!!!! i had it and it's a pain in the ass. not because it's difficult, but because it's boring
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25346
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Freshman Orientation   Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 am

I am so glad I am done math and science forever

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14927
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Freshman Orientation   Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 am

pssh linear algebra. fun times.
you being a math major, you will enjoy it.

i just tried signing up for classes, im 3 weeks late. turns out the ENTIRE section of psychology (my last general education credit) is ALL CLOSED>

im fucked

im going to audit all the classes

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9785
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Freshman Orientation   Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:45 am

styx wrote:
get away from Linear Algebra!!!!! i had it and it's a pain in the ass. not because it's difficult, but because it's boring

Well I have to take it for my major.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Freshman Orientation   Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:18 pm

well take a pillow. you're most likely need it. sure it's interesting stuff.... the first 5 mins. then when you hear 20 names in 45 mins and all of their theories that do pretty much the same thing so it can get a bit boring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freshman Orientation   

Back to top Go down

Freshman Orientation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1