Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Gears of war 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25407
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Gears of war 2   Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Written By Breakyoudown
Anticipation of this game has been at an all time high. Gears of war 2 has finally been released on the Xbox 360, and probably PC eventually. After being left at a cliff hangar in the first game, the second game is out and is hinting a third installment. The game is playing better than ever and is already taking over my free time

Gameplay- Tuned to perfection. In the first Gears, the shotgun was the king. It was the weapon to use and most rounds would end with a 1 on 1 shotgun fight as the lancer was insufficient in comparison. Now, the lancer is almost an unstoppable machine gun. It comes with a chainsaw that does not disappoint. In the previous installment it was foolish to try and chainsaw somebody online as you would be shot in half in a matter of seconds. Now the shotgun wielder must have perfect aim and timing to stop the grinding blades. A popular tactic in Gears 1 would be to charge through lancer bullets and shoot the enemy in half with the shot gun. Now you cannot run straight while being shot so the lancer is truly the king.
Although the biggest flaw is the matchmaking. Many times while looking for a game you could be waiting up to 7 minutes to start a match. Unless you have a full party of friends, it usually takes a very long time to start a match. Although if you continually play with the same group of friends it finds games much quicker. Many times while fighting an enemy they will fall to their knee's. When this happens you can finish them off in a huge variety of ways. Ranging from a brutal crumb stomp, to using them as a human (or locust) shield.

Graphics- Perfect. What can I say, There will be Blood. Organs will be seen when chainsaws, or shotguns are used. When firing a boomshot (rocket) at an enemy, it will literally rain blood and limbs. Enemies look tougher than ever and the COGS are fearless. My only gripe is that in some cutscenes, your friends go all out, but it doesn't really work out as they move slowly.

Sound-Top of the line acting with one liners that you will fall in love with. Whenever you get an epic kill your character somehow knows it and will always taunt the other team. "Eat **** and die!" "Looks pretty dead to me!" "Futile!"

Additions- News maps, more enemies, more good guys, more weapons, more gametypes. This is a true sequel. From golden weapons, to an excellent feature called whats up? Which allows you to see which of your friends are playing Gears of war so you can invite them in. I love this feature because I have around 80 friends, and I have no idea who most of them are and I can find see who is who. A great new mode is called Hoard. Which is extremely clever. You and 4 other friends play a survival mode. You try to survive up to 50 waves of Locusts coming at you. This mode is very addictive and fun yelling to teammates to revive you or to help you out because three beast riders and two boomers are on your tail. This mode really feels real because you will run out of ammo and will hardly survive with your teammates. You need to pick up enemy weapons, find ammo, keep your friends alive, and most importantly, kill everything as quick as possible. The only bad part about it is that it is usually difficult to find five skilled people to aid you. But I managed to beat all waves with only two others. Although it was on the easiest difficulty.

Bottom Line- Buy this game. No finals words. This is worth every penny. Kill your damn piggy bank. The single player mode is epic and you will never be bored. There is always an objective that you will care about. The characters are extremely likeable. There are tons of game modes. You will love how many ways you can kill the locusts.
10/10

Last edited by breakyoudown on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10731
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2   Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:28 pm

HOrde mode.
Is the hit i Gow2
I really wnat this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2   Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Awesome review.
i give it a 10/10
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2   Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Smile thank you for the review of my review xD
I hope your sis buys you it so we can hoard!

Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4374

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2   Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:26 pm

Horde is insane. Completed lvl 50 the other day but I have a few left over I need to do before I get them all done, but its not something you finish then leave, I play it more than I play public matches lol.

Great Review btw, and I love the screenshot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2   Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:46 pm

Horde is way too fun.
What level did you beat it on?
Day one for me. I love that level

Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4374

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2   Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Day one is amazing, the new Gridlock really, glad they kept the old one though, but where's Fuel Depot!?!?

To answer your question I got from 0-20 on river, skipped 20-30 got from 30-45 on blood drive then finished it on River, mainly cos it's my friends favourite map, but Day One is mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2   Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:11 pm

OMG OMG I WANT TO PLAY!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content