Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

3 CDs "Soul Metal"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: 3 CDs "Soul Metal"   Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm just going to share 3 CDs. Two of these are things that probably won't appeal to anyone and will just sound boring.

First up...

Vargnatt - Nur ein Traum (2007)

Download: http://blackmetalownsyou.blogspot.com/2007/10/vargnatt.html
-I don't know what it is about this album but it really draws me in. On the surface this sounds to me like mediocre depressive black metal with moderate repetition, periods of boredom, simplistic music, and a generic sound. For whatever reason this is one of my favorite CDs. It's what I consider "Soul Metal" which is just a term I've made up and use with myself. It just seems to me like a lot more feeling is put into the music than could be said for most bands. Every time I listen to this album it takes me away to a completely different world.

Second...

Nazhand - Life Ruins (2009)

Download: http://suicidal-depressive.blogspot.com/2009/04/nazhand-life-ruins-2009.html
-I have only heard two of Nazhand's albums and they were both quite different, but only this one caught my attention. This sounds to me like, once again, mediocre depressive black metal with extreme repetition, periods of boredom, even more simplistic music, and a generic sound. Once again this is one of my favorite CDs. The amount of emotion the singer puts out amazes me and puts the magic into the music.

Lastly...

Ulver - Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne til Ulven i Manden (1997)

Download: http://canalla-metal.blogspot.com/2009/07/ulver-nattens-madrigal-1997-eac-flac.html
-Many of you are familiar with this CD or at least the basic idea. There is a lot to be enjoyed here if you can get past the production (this is for you Axe).
Black metal is a very difficult genre to get into at first, and it would only make sense that the best "staple" black metal album would also be difficult to enjoy upon the first few listens. I feel like this is an album where the feelings could be taken as far as you want to go with them...and that is what I mean when I say it has such high potential. To me this is like an opera with black metal.

That's all. Nothing too exciting this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kur
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4740
Joined In : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: 3 CDs "Soul Metal"   Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:08 am

the last two i've heard and i like (heck, i introduced you to nazhand)

will check out vargnatt tomorrow because attila usually has awesome taste and i noticed it's from his blog. even though they are burzum wannabes obviously

i don't think nazhand is generic at all because he is a piano freak and not a whole helluvalot of depressive bands sound anything like him. the only band i can think of is Avinar (also from Iran)

also one quick tip: just click on the download link and copy and paste it then put it on here so you don't necessarily advertise the blog you got it from. i'm not sure whether or not that's good etiquette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9789
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: 3 CDs "Soul Metal"   Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 am

Well I used to do it like that but I wondered if some of them required a password so I started doing it like this. Sometimes I can only find the password once I know there is supposed to be one. I agree with you though I'll make it better in the future.

I don't recall the piano being used really in the album I put up but yeah I do recall the piano in a lot of Nazhand's music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16053
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: 3 CDs "Soul Metal"   Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:45 am

I will be listening to these tomorrow...

For now, it's almost time for sleep. I'm so tired, I got like 3 hours of sleep tops last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 CDs "Soul Metal"   

Back to top Go down

3 CDs "Soul Metal"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1