Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Shining - VI Klagopsalmer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9785
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Shining - VI Klagopsalmer   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:09 pm

So I listened to this CD for the first time last night. I heard it was different and more progressive but what I heard definitely surprised me. It is quite a bit different.

While in some ways it is angrier than past Shining albums overall I didn't like the direction it took on. It is a good album definitely, just not /as/ good as other Shining albums. The thing that hurt this album more than anything else is actually the finale. The last two songs consist of the finale of the album and Shining is known to have great songs at the end of their albums but these two were not only around 20 minutes in length combined but actually not too interesting for how long they were. The progressive elements worked out well in the album for the most part because they were a part of the music but towards the end it seemed like they were just putting in random solos for the hell of it. Listen to the last song of Shining's 5th album and you'll hear two very deep, dark, and meaningful solos. I want to give this a 12/20 because some of the music is so awesome but then some parts are overdone. Also the music isn't nearly as dark as one would expect from Shining.

My Rating:
11/20 - Not Bad "81%~84%"

Shining - Fullständigt Jävla Död Inuti (third track out of six)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OcbwbG6InE
-As you can see, some parts kick ass.
My favorite part of the album is probably in this song from around 6:00 to 6:30.

Shining - Vilseledda Barnasjälars Hemvist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfBFZaxtmBY&NR=1
-Another good song.

This album seems fairly accessible so I would recommend anyone who is a fan of heavier metal music to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kur
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4736
Joined In : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Shining - VI Klagopsalmer   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:31 pm

i totally agree. it sucks

all their other albums are much better

also, 11/20 is not 84%
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9785
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Shining - VI Klagopsalmer   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:46 pm

That's the archives score translation. My scales don't focus so much on how bad something can get because that just seems kind of pointless to me. If it sucks it sucks, doesn't matter if it is appalling or just almost appalling. I use 8/20 as Average.

I haven't heard I and II but yeah this is my least favorite Shining album as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kur
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4736
Joined In : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Shining - VI Klagopsalmer   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 pm

oh well you forgot to say it was ma reviews but yeah fanboys aren't gonna rate it bad

the album before this one was like 87% and this one is a 46% as far as i'm concerned. total disappointment. it's not even depressive or black metal and isn't that what we want from the shining? if i wanted crappy wanking rock with bad solos i'd listen to nachtymystium (who suck)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shining - VI Klagopsalmer   

Back to top Go down

Shining - VI Klagopsalmer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1