Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How much is a PS3 worth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6733
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: How much is a PS3 worth?   Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:09 am

so I was on another forum and some guy said he was selling a 60 GB PS3 for $430 USD. I thought that was insanely over priced. But he said it was Baskwards compatible does justify the $430 Price tag? See as they don't make backwards compatible PS3's anymore I'm just wondering
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots

PostSubject: Re: How much is a PS3 worth?   Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:00 am

I own the 60GB original model, and it is by far the most superior of the consoles. It is fully backwards compatable with both PS2 and PS (by hardware, not by emulation I might add), has 4 USB ports, the most connectivity and ports with other items, such as SD cards, a full chrome finish and most importantly is not in production anymore, making it something of a prized item.

I don't think people realise quite what they are getting, the PS3 is very cheap: you're basically getting a high powered PC (the PS3 will run most linux software) and blu ray player along with the most advanced games console of this generation (along with a PS2 and PS). You don't have to pay for a Wifi adapter or for the online service (Yes, I'm looking at you Mr Gates). You also get the peace of mind knowing you've bought a quality product, and not have to worry about things such as the red ring of death. The wireless controllers run on internal, rechargable batteries, again unlike for the 360 who screw you over if you what a rechargable battery pack.

I might add that will the memory of the 360 is restricted to the models of hard drive you can by from Microsoft (120GB I believe) whereas the PS3 uses a PC hard Drive and can go past a TB.

$430 insanely overpriced? Underpriced is more like it.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25404
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How much is a PS3 worth?   Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:46 pm

I think you can get it for less than $430 in normal stores

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much is a PS3 worth?   

Back to top Go down

How much is a PS3 worth?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1