Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Discogs.com

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Discogs.com   Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:02 am

I was looking for Vargnatt's Nur ein Traum (tape or CD, in quantities 100 and 30 respectively) when I came across this website called discogs.com. First of all I was pretty damn jealous because the person who owned the disc rated it a 3/5. Like damn...how badly does this person want it because I sure as hell want it. I don't know if it is normal to message someone about whether or not they are interested in selling a CD in their collection though, and this guy had like 6000 things and only 90 for sale. I probably won't do anything about it.

Anyways I looked around and noticed ColdWorld's Melancholie2 wasn't even there! So I said hey I should add it, right? Well I did and it took for f***ing ever. Adding discographies is not fun.
http://www.discogs.com/ColdWorld-Melancholie%C2%B2/release/1903522
It came out nice enough I think. xjr9xjr9xjr9 is me.

Anyways I'm not sure how useful this website really is but it seemed kind of cool. You can add your CD collection to it so everyone can see what you have, what you want, and what you're selling (and for how much). The only lame thing is that after taking all this time to add ColdWorld's Melancholie2 to my CD collection (because it hadn't been added) I reached over to grab my Vio-lence CD to add it. Okay it's a re-release by Megaforce records......f***! They don't have that either. They have the CD just not the particular one I have so I said f*** it. Adding a single CD with only one guy to be credited was hard enough, I'd have to make sure every band member got credit and do songs from two different CDs at once and on and on and on. It'd probably take twice as long.

I could just say I have the other one in my collection but that would be kind of lame.

Last edited by VacuousReality on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10454
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Discogs.com   Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:03 am

This tool will be of great value to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Discogs.com   Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:08 am

It was funny when I submitted the discog and looked back I checked the person who I gave credit to. G.B., all right perfect. Wait a second...I click on the name and it ends up being some totally different random dude. Like people are going to be looking at this guy and think, "Wow ColdWorld? What's this? What the hell this guy was in a jazz band what's going on?" Luckily I could edit it and fix it. Oh, of course...G.B. (3) is the guy. Okay got it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discogs.com   

Back to top Go down

Discogs.com
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Rarefied Refrains and Majestic Melodies-
Jump to: