Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 826
Hedonistic Glory : 3349
Joined In : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Most people will flames people who play this (I know I used to)
but i finally broke down with some begging from some close friends and gave it a try
I can see why everyone gets into it and people play it a lot
Its very addicting and easy to get into but not that amazing
Once you get past the lingo and terms that is hard to pick up for new players it actually pretty fun
I can't see myself spending countless hours raiding dunguens or trying to get a rare drop
but I will probably play it here and there

so here's my question...
Does anyone here play? or tried it before? and if you do what's your character's name, race, class, etc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25288
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:56 pm

I played for 15 minutes then I got pissed off and accused my friend who made me play it for crimes that he did not commit

But I can see that its worth liking, but I don't have the time to invest

Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 pm

lol crimes he didn't commit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:04 pm

I play RPG's, even being a huge JRPG fan, but there's something impossibly dork-ish about the World of Warcraft/MMORPG scene that has made me avoid it like the plague.

FF11 is my only concession, but hey, it's FF, its intrinsically cool.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15991
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:12 pm

I played until I got to level 71. I gave up after that because I reached the cap of 70 and waited like a month for it to be raised, it was then I realized there was no satisfaction in wasting all the time playing

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4255
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:28 pm

At the moment im lvl 25 on a x3 server Aeldy recommended, where is she anyway? We must play WoW!

I'm a human Rouge by the way ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Thats cool I'm a 44 Blood Elf Pally (Prot spec, didn't play the pally just to be Ret)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11694
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:15 pm

I'm an FF11 player such a damn good game. Currently having to work out some s*** with my card though >_> something about having 3-D protection that my bank doesn't offer yet so I haven't played in a couple days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9727
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:51 pm

I never played WoW but I did play Everquest II once for a little bit. I got a level 40ish Warlock who was also a level 50ish Tailor (the highest you need to be). I was mad rich it was awesome. I did black market sales and stuff, even did a genius con once.

So I made two characters...a level 1 for the good city and a level 1 for the bad city. I went to the good city found a high level player and showed him a nice ring I had and asked him how much he wanted for it. I sold it to him for 1 platinum (100 gold) and then said, "Do you want another one?" He said yeah and I told him it was on my bad city character which was my main character (and that I just used this level 1 good city character for trading). The truth is my main character is in the good city and my bad city character is also level 1. So I get on and have my settings to where he can't see my level without being in direct contact with me and tell him I'll mail him the ring when he mails me the platinum. The simple idea is that he'll send me the money, I'll send it to my main charcter, log off...never send a ring (don't even have one) and never use the character again and he'll be a plat down. He asked if we could meet so I had to make up some bullshit. I said I didn't know where the place was and might not be able to survive. He said we'll do it later then and I asked him if we could do it right then because I needed some money to buy some crafting materials. So he sent it and I pulled it off. REAL dick move but if it's of any consolation 1 plat probably wasn't much to him anyways. I should have sent it back to him but oh well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chaosscizzors
A Scholar

Number of posts : 356
Hedonistic Glory : 3311
Joined In : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 am

i tried it once, made it to about lv.15, and just couldn't take the running around involved with the quests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.allthefallen.org

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Has anyone played on the beta of Aion? Thats a MMORPG I'd consider buying, it looks gorgeous. Its out soon so I might give that a go.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/822535/aion/videos/gcom09_aion_trl_cg_081809.html;jsessionid=9ga6bps5sqbbe
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6617
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:30 pm

I made a character and killed a wolf but thats about it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10612

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Ejaffin13 wrote:
Most people will flames people who play this (I know I used to)
but i finally broke down with some begging from some close friends and gave it a try
I can see why everyone gets into it and people play it a lot
Its very addicting and easy to get into but not that amazing
Once you get past the lingo and terms that is hard to pick up for new players it actually pretty fun
I can't see myself spending countless hours raiding dunguens or trying to get a rare drop
but I will probably play it here and there

so here's my question...
Does anyone here play? or tried it before? and if you do what's your character's name, race, class, etc?

played it for like 2 years....never got addicted to it tho...probably played it twice a week...when i get tired of dota or counter strike..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:16 pm

I still play but not on the official server
Back to top Go down
Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:57 am

Wait so you play on like a private server?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4255

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Aeldy if you still play on aftermath add me, char's name is Hona.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10612

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Ejaffin13 wrote:
Wait so you play on like a private server?

i've never played on the retal official server....i always played on private servers....same shit if u ask me
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:15 am

Shady wrote:
Aeldy if you still play on aftermath add me, char's name is Hona.

I will shadie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?   

Back to top Go down

Does/Has anyone play/played World of Warcraft?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1