Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Overclocking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Overclocking   Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:44 am

Has anyone overclocked or considered overclocking their computer?

Its relatively simply to do through your system BIOS, and you don't even need extra cooling if you don't increase too high, and if you have a laptop, you can always buy a cooling pad for like 30, and get quite a significant boost depending on your power supply.

If your laptop is out of warranty and is running slow, I recommend heading to youtube and following one the guides and see if you can squeeze some more juice out of your computer.

I've just done it with my old laptop, and got an extra .3 ghz without having to take my powersupply past its limits, or adding extra cooling. It took ages to find the balance between the FSB and CPU, restarting after every minor change and checking the operating heat, but I can see a definite difference in performance. I'll be adding some RAM and it will do for my dad rather than him buying a new computer, he can buy this off me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overclocking   Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:46 am

yep i overclocked my last computer. only thing i never understood is why the hell some ppl overclock their mouses
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overclocking   Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:49 am

styx wrote:
yep i overclocked my last computer. only thing i never understood is why the hell some ppl overclock their mouses

After sharper reactions for twitch gaming probably, but it is rather silly.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10503
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Overclocking   Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:25 pm

I did for crysis when i still had it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14982
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Overclocking   Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:12 pm

im technologically stupid. i have never done that, nor would ever think to. it sounds very dangerous....

although if there is little danger, i want to try it on my 8 year old laptop......has a 1.03 ghz pentium 3 or 4 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL
so yeah....doing anything is a *****.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: Overclocking   Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Its not really dangerous.

You increase in small amounts, then check the operating temp (should be less than 60 degrees C) when a running a demanding application and that it isn't draining to much power from your power supply and slowing down your computer. If it does, you can just go back into your BIOS and reverse to a lower setting.

There are a load of tutorials on youtube, its worth a look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overclocking   Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:32 pm

I did it once
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overclocking   

Back to top Go down

Overclocking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-