Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A few favorite albums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10504
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: A few favorite albums   Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Death- Symbolic

Really, one of the most revolutionary albums in all of death metal. Schulinder always made such good music and this is one of those albums that you need to respect at the very least, if not like it if you are into death metal.

Nevermore- Enemies of Reality

Nevermore was actually one of the first real metal bands I listened to, and I still like them today.

Beneath the Massacre- Mechanics of Dysfunction

BTM is a very obscure yet popular band, mainly because their music is so, how can I put it, crazy. It might sound messy to alot of people, but I love how it has such a different style and structure in how they play. Mechanics solidified that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/

PostSubject: Re: A few favorite albums   Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Death make my favourite albums list, but I'd pick The Sound of Perseverance: a note perfect masterpiece, my very favourite album in the history of music.

Nevermore too would make my list, but again a different choice: This Godless Endeavor. They're previous album were good, but this is in a class of its own, some of the riffs are out of this world: I still maintain the chorus to Born is the catchiest piece of guitar work ever.

Passion and Warfare by Vai is in my list, though 7th Song is a close competitor. Inspirational, the man is the most gifted craftsman, he is so itune with his instrument. Crossroads would be awesome, if Macchio wasn't obviously randomly sliding up and down the neck of his guitar like he was trying to jerk it off, its embarrassing.

OM by Negura Bunget, for showing me what black metal can be, for showing it can be progressive, can have excellent muscianship and sound like nothing else in th eworld.

There are loads more, but I'd be writing this list for ever, and I'm in a lazy mood ATM and just can't be arsed typing more.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10504
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: A few favorite albums   Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Same, I just provided my few for the week. I am a whore when it comes to popularity of albums, I just believed those were very influential to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few favorite albums   

Back to top Go down

A few favorite albums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1