Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Who is who?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
who?
A Scholar

Number of posts : 328
Hedonistic Glory : 3325
Joined In : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Now that I have some free time, let me post a little introduction so you guys can get to know the real loser that I am lol.

I live in the stinky swamps near New Orleans, about 4-5 minutes away actually. I have played in a variety of bands around the NOLA area, mostly metal on guitar, bass, keys, and vocals but I also play the alto, tenor,and baritone saxophones and the trumpet and trombone. I was raised on NWOBHM, classic Southern Rock, old outlaw country, and a WHOLE SHITLOAD of local Jazz. I've been a music nerd forever, I listen to a little bit of everything but I'd say that my favorite genres/ sub genres would be : Sludge/Stoner Metal or Doom or whatever you want to label it as, I LOVE THE BLUES, Doom/Funeral Doom, Any type of progressive psychedelic metal or rock, and pretty much all types of Black Metal. NSBM DSBM BMBM. I hate all these labels and shit but I guess it's good for describing stuff. I listen to a decent amount of darker ambient atmospheric stuff too, and as I said before JAZZ. Not too much of the traditional jazz but bands like Garage A Trois, Skerik's Syncopated Taint Septet, Galactic, Medeski, Martin, and Wood, John Coltrane, John Scofield etc. Oh, and I listen to a tiny select few hip hop artists too, but not all that Bling bling get hyphy 22 in rims bullshit lol. I'm also very into the Liberty movement, (trying to reduce the size of the US government, check out campaignforliberty.com) I hate the US media, and all the brainwashing that the US does, and the United Nations can suck my chubby one.

Ummmm, I also have a blog yo!, http://504nola.blogspot.com

Now, the boring stuff:

I am the Internet Sales Manager at an Independently owned Napa Auto Parts Store, I am ASE certified. I run our web page www.yourautosupply.com I have been licensed by the state of Louisiana in Tattooing and Body Piercing for 6 years, I did home renovation/construction all through high school, stuff like ceramic tile floors/counter tops/and showers are my specialty! I also do all types of wood flooring, I am a certified pipe welder although I try to weld as little as possible, I have a long background in automotive/diesel mechanics, I worked as the head painter at two different Chevrolet dealers in Baton Rouge, and I did/still do a lot of body work and paint work on the side. I worked at 3 or 4 other body shops as well. I'm a huge import car nerd, mostly Honda and Acura but I give Toyota and Nissan props for some things they have done, I've built two 12 sec 1/4 mile MAd JDM tyte yo! Honda Civics, and have been building a 1994 Acura Integra GS-R for the last six or seven years. My wife says I will never be satisfied with the car and that I should sell it but f*** her and all that noise. lol.. Oh yea, with all that rambling about cars, work, and metal, I failed to mention that I am now committed to one vagina for the rest of my life No
and I have a kick ass son that just made 1 year last month. cheers

If any of you made it all the way through that, thanks! I guess.?

Oh and if you use last.fm check me out here: http://www.last.fm/user/swampchode
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://504nola.blogspot.com
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10454
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Your music taste is very good, you should post some of the bands you have been in and tell what gear you got for instruments.

And I am an old muscle car guy myself when it comes to cars, but those ricers can go fast and alot of them are pretty nice. I got a '70 VW Bus I restored for my car.

Last note, I get the impression you are alot like another one of our members.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Dude! I almost picked up a 68 veedubb bus last week from a friend, but there was just wayy tooooo much rust. That's pretty awesome that you got one.

As far as the bands I was in, the only one that recorded anything kinda sucked, which is why me and my homey left. I still have the cassette somewhere, If I can find it, I'll upload and post it, but beware, you've been warned of the suckiness! lol

Gear:

One raggedy B.C Rich Warlock 4 string bass

Roland Fantom X8 workstation

Vito Bb Tenor Sax

Armstrong Eb Alto

Vito Bb Baritone Sax

and the classic "Waynes World" Mexican El Stratocaster

I've had a bunch of other basses and stuff but that all had to go once the stork was coming to town. I couldn't part with the Roland or the saxes though.

Hopefully this comparison to another member here is a good one lol.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:42 pm

who? wrote:
Dude! I almost picked up a 68 veedubb bus last week from a friend, but there was just wayy tooooo much rust. That's pretty awesome that you got one.

As far as the bands I was in, the only one that recorded anything kinda sucked, which is why me and my homey left. I still have the cassette somewhere, If I can find it, I'll upload and post it, but beware, you've been warned of the suckiness! lol

Gear:

One raggedy B.C Rich Warlock 4 string bass

Roland Fantom X8 workstation

Vito Bb Tenor Sax

Armstrong Eb Alto

Vito Bb Baritone Sax

and the classic "Waynes World" Mexican El Stratocaster

I've had a bunch of other basses and stuff but that all had to go once the stork was coming to town. I couldn't part with the Roland or the saxes though.

Hopefully this comparison to another member here is a good one lol.

I see, but yea the comparison is a good one don't worry.
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Here's a few pics of my current daily driver/project car:

These pictures were taken at Import Face Off 2008 at No Problem Race Way

Here's a few from LFM3:

Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Rolling with the Carbon fiber hood I see. You made the engine pretty kick ass from the looks of it too.
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Basic bolt on stuff, I wanted this car to be super reliable, still be able to haul a small ass or two, and look good at the same time.

It was totalled 2 months after I bought it when it was still mostly stock, so It took me a whole year to get it looking like it does in the pictures.

Don't drink multiple 32oz bottles of King Cobra and then drink tequilla and attempt to drive home. I learned that lesson.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25352
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:27 pm

That is awesome
I am Dave I go to university

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16055
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:04 pm

You are a kickass dude for posting this. + rep

I like your musical taste, it's good to hear that someone else likes some Blues and Jazz, although I'm sure you know plenty more about jazz than I do Very Happy

A little about myself:

My name is Jake, and I'm a punk 17 year old kid. I am a senior in High School and I'm planning on attending college somewhere for a major in Computer Sciences, specifically Computer Programming. I would like to be a professional musician, but I know I need a backup plan because there is a 99% chance that I won't make a career out of it.

I play the Violin, Guitar, and Bass Guitar. I've just started learning Piano for one of my Music Theory classes, so I hope to tack that on to the list pretty soon. I love video games, although I've noticed that as I've gotten older I don't play them as much as I used to.

I LOVE music of all kinds. Metal and Classic Rock are my two favorites, but I love Classical, Jazz, The Blues, and plenty of others. The only genre I really don't like at all is Rap/Hip Hop. I was raised on Classic Rock and Country, but I stuck to Classic Rock and dismissed Country. My favorite bands include, but are not limited to, The Doors, Boston, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum, Equilibirum, Wintersun, Black Sabbath, Dio, REO Speedwagon, Norther, Eluveitie, Foreigner, and Iron Maiden.

That's just a little bit about me, most of the important things are in there. Oh, and I'm a guy. I'm sure you could pick that out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14933
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:45 pm

several items on my mind, some are jokes, the rest are honest

I thought "hyphy" only applied to northern california. i live in socal. my buddy who goes to berkeley got all snobby when i asked what hyphy was. f*** him

kickass son comment was funny lol

and was that really your life? or 8 awesome careers and people all jammed into one paragraph. that is a lot of stuff man, holly cow

car-wise.....i have my dream car.....my woman....my one and only.....69 vw beetle. never been in an accident (knocks on wood) and has been about 60% restored. new paint, new upholstery....original engine 185,000+ or so miles. she's a beaut

i love metal, though i can appreciate jazz. very calming and technically stunning. just not "brutal" enough for me.

*rubs hands like sith lord* you shall fit nicely here.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:55 pm

Thanks dudes, my name is also Dave.I too used to play a shitload of video games, mostly old school 8 bit mega man and Mario Bros, I never could make that transition to 3D especially 1st person shooters, I'm too add for all that crap. I still plan on going back to college once my wife gets done with her degree, so I can major in music in some shape or form. I plan to eventually open a venue/record shop somewhere close to home, that way I can give back to the city that gave so much to me, na mean? Lol two of the most legendary venues on the outskirts of new Orleans closed due to hurricane Katrina,so even though we have a few places running strong now, they are kind of missing the vibe that these other places had, so I kinda want to bring it back. That's years away though.

Last edited by who? on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:59 pm

very honorable. i really want to visit New Orleans and see what katrina did. i rally wish i could have gone a year after it happened

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:13 am

Actually, we have made a good but of progress, but there is still a lot of Work to do. The crime is back on the rise, it rally never left, but seriously, it was pretty terrible here. The smell alone was enough to kill someone.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:05 am

I should make my introduction *ehem*

My name is Hayden and I am a junior in high school. After graduating, I plan on attending a university and getting my degree in Engineering. I would love to be an Engineer with my music as a side thing, which I believe can work.

I play guitar and bass and play in a couple of bands at the moment. My guitars are a '71 Fender Strat, Xaviere XV700 Thinline, Fender Jazz Bass, and parts of a old Mark Morton Jackson Dominion model. My amp is a Raven R100. I play some video games, including MW2 beta mainly at the moment.

I love so many different kinds of music I don't even want to list them all. I have a 1970 VW Bus, my second dream car.

Nice to meet you, have a beer, sit back, and relax
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:49 am

yep, def all true. I guess everyone down here works a lot... except for the leeches on welfare.

And from what I understand, hyphy or however you spell it did start in Cali but somehow the word made its way here. Like we didn't have enough incoherent babble talk in Louisiana lol
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 am

You seem like a pretty awesome guy, glad to have you around
What's it like being married and being in school?

VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:20 am

This is an epic thread name by the way hahaha. Very nice introduction welcome to the damn forums.

I graduated last year and I'm going to go up to UCSB pretty soon here to major in mathematics (B.A.). No idea where I'm going really don't even feel like I'm much of a college kid. I'm not really planning on doing anything with music in the future other than listening to it so I'm basically a music enthusiast. I am mostly into traditional metal, thrash metal, death metal, black metal, and doom metal-- but I like almost everything. As for personal ambitions not anything too much but I am a little interested in skepticism. Maybe down the road I don't know lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:50 am

I'm Martin and I turned a quarter century in August (it freaked me out a little, but I'm over it I guess).

I was a keen artist (the traditional pencil and paper kind), getting a* in my GSCE art and Graphic design classes. I took an advanced A&D diploma in college, which I also aced with 3 Distinctions, only to be sh!t out of luck and discover there was f*ck all work for me unless I moved to London, something you couldn't pay me to do. I live in the real world and therefore deceided that University is useless, and I went straight to work as a lab tech for a tea bag paper company. Best decision I ever made.

I've sinced taken qualifications with the International Compliance Association and now work for a company formation agent as a money laundering/formations adviser, working along side the Serious Organised Crime Agency. I'm earning nicely and can work from home most days, so its a nice set up.

I'm a massive death metal enthusiast, something I really have to thank my dad for, who is an awesome old chap, he set me on the road of rock and roll when I was but 8. I listen to and adore most types of music, rap and acid jazz being the only 2 exceptions.

I drive a 98 Impreza WRX Sti, which is my pride and joy, though running it has become a little expensive in the recession.

I'm a competent muscian, I can play almost anything on the guitar, learning songs mainly by ear (though my song writing leaves a lot to be desired) I'm a UK grade 8 pianist, can the drums moderately well.

I'd go into more detail, but its to early and I take be bothered typing... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:00 am

the great dies is unmasked.....
i feel so unaccomplished at 21. hell you have graduated and such and hold a job....im still in a junior college and hating every minute of it.

i want to be on my own, but at the same time im scared of the real world....gahhhh

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11758
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:52 am

Hi I'm Jay and I'm not an alcoholic. I'm a college student majoring in Entertainment Music Industry. Which is basically a jack of all trades degree that teaches you how to produce, mix, and record music along with running and setting up for live sound. So who knows what the hell I'll end up doing with this lol.

I don't own a car and drive as little as possible.

I like a shitton of music though black metal is my favorite I enjoy most all kinds of metal along with punk, hardcore, post hardcore, pop punk, classic rock, tons of shit I don't feel like thinking about right now x_X I just helped run a 4 hour jam jession and break it down so I'm pretty tired right now.

Yeah I'm sure I'll think of something else random to say about myself later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 am

VacuousReality wrote:
This is an epic thread name by the way hahaha. Very nice introduction welcome to the damn forums.

I graduated last year and I'm going to go up to UCSB pretty soon here to major in mathematics (B.A.). No idea where I'm going really don't even feel like I'm much of a college kid. I'm not really planning on doing anything with music in the future other than listening to it so I'm basically a music enthusiast. I am mostly into traditional metal, thrash metal, death metal, black metal, and doom metal-- but I like almost everything. As for personal ambitions not anything too much but I am a little interested in skepticism. Maybe down the road I don't know lol.

Nothing wrong with being a enthusiast. Math Major eh? Good luck with that one. That would be my EPIC FAILURE.

Dies Irae wrote:
I'm Martin and I turned a quarter century in August (it freaked me out a little, but I'm over it I guess).

I was a keen artist (the traditional pencil and paper kind), getting a* in my GSCE art and Graphic design classes. I took an advanced A&D diploma in college, which I also aced with 3 Distinctions, only to be sh!t out of luck and discover there was f*ck all work for me unless I moved to London, something you couldn't pay me to do. I live in the real world and therefore deceided that University is useless, and I went straight to work as a lab tech for a tea bag paper company. Best decision I ever made.

I've sinced taken qualifications with the International Compliance Association and now work for a company formation agent as a money laundering/formations adviser, working along side the Serious Organised Crime Agency. I'm earning nicely and can work from home most days, so its a nice set up.

I'm a massive death metal enthusiast, something I really have to thank my dad for, who is an awesome old chap, he set me on the road of rock and roll when I was but 8. I listen to and adore most types of music, rap and acid jazz being the only 2 exceptions.

I drive a 98 Impreza WRX Sti, which is my pride and joy, though running it has become a little expensive in the recession.

I'm a competent muscian, I can play almost anything on the guitar, learning songs mainly by ear (though my song writing leaves a lot to be desired) I'm a UK grade 8 pianist, can the drums moderately well.

I'd go into more detail, but its to early and I take be bothered typing... Very Happy

Very nice. I love Sti's, I have a few friends that drive soobies. I too will make the quarter century mark in a few days; halfway to 50 is how I see it. ugggh All I have left to look forward to is getting my supplies from Liberty Medical shipped right to my door lol DIABEETUS. So, that's pretty cool, I never met a professional tea-bagger before, that's kick ass.
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:04 am

breakyoudown wrote:
You seem like a pretty awesome guy, glad to have you around
What's it like being married and being in school?

Well, Thanks!

I'm not in school, my wife is right now. I will possibly return to school once she is finished.

She seems to like it, but it is pretty rough when you wake up 3 or 4 times a night with a screaming baby and still have to wake up at about 5 am. Plus study time is pretty hard to get when she is home, so she pretty much does all of her studying at the University.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:59 pm

there is no way i could be married with child before my 25th birthday.....never.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Aw that's nice
Mind if I ask your childs name?

who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Are you a serial stalking pedophile?

lol j/k

His name is Cameron David Last Name
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:55 pm

last name is lovelyt......fits so well with cameron....

loooool. how sweet

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:57 pm

yeah I know lol
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:26 pm

They are always sweet when they aren't yours brute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:29 pm

you know it
i aint changing diapers or getting up at 1am

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:35 pm

I haven't changed a shitty diaper since we left the hospital. I laid down the law and said FUCKTHAT. That's her damn job.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:36 pm

xD nice one man.
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:45 pm

I had to do it.

Actually I attempted to change one other turd filled diaper, and I got sprayed with shit.

that was where I drew the line.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:47 pm

ya darn tootin ya did.

make me a sandwich WHORE!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Hey, I checked "NO" on every box on the damn profile settings page, but I still get a email every time a new post is posted. My phone keeps making all kinds of damn noise. ugggh

I don't know why the hell I posted that in here. I guess b/c I saw MODERATOR
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:48 pm

I get emails every single time someone posts
So that's....60k+ in emails lol

who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:49 pm

It's a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:03 pm

woah, i have it on "send me emails" and i get emails cuse i want to
but you have it say no thanks?
ill look into the admin controls who to see if i can fix that

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:06 pm

yeah no dice, idk why they are sending you emails.
my advice...create another adress and use it as the forums email address. sorry mate

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:15 pm

no problem, I'll make another address
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16055
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:27 pm

who? wrote:
Hey, I checked "NO" on every box on the damn profile settings page, but I still get a email every time a new post is posted. My phone keeps making all kinds of damn noise. ugggh

I don't know why the hell I posted that in here. I guess b/c I saw MODERATOR

Just so you know

Admins:

Breakyoudown
Brutality,thynameismetal
Styx

Moderators:

Hateyou1st
VacuousReality
Axeforhire

Go ahead an PM us whenever you have problems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Sweet. Will do.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:42 am

i understand you have been on other forums....

yeah, we arent like most forums....the faculty act more immature than the users sometimes....we are very easy going. but when there are issues (rare though they are) we do have to deal with them

i dont know what that really tells you, but it was info nonetheless

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:22 am

absolutely nothing, but it sounded good.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Who is who?   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:22 pm

You should've titled the thread as Guess Who

who?
A Scholar