Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

broadband question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pisager
Top Lad

Number of posts : 109
Hedonistic Glory : 3026
Joined In : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: broadband question   Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:18 am

For any of you who may know anything about computers. I have a broadband internet connection with a limited number of 'bytes. Being on youtube, looking at pictures, or any other internet use takes up these bytes, here's my question: If I have a gmae on CDrom that I wish to play online, will it use my bytes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: broadband question   Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:54 am

normally it should because of the things that happen. you need to connect to the server and it will also be sending you some kind of response. that is considered a flow of data and it should use them up. now i say should because i've heard that some internet service providers don't see that as an actual data flow and allow it to without using up your package.

if you don't see how that would use up your bytes i'll gladly explain to more depth
Back to top Go down
Pisager
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: broadband question   Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:10 am

I see that now. I just thought/hoped that the info would all be on the disk. Ah well, no online gaming for me...

Thanks Styx, who know's how much money you saved me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: broadband question   Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:17 am

no problem. the data is on the disc, but what happens isn't. since you're actually interacting with the world data flow has to exist. let's say you're playing an RPG. so you're a big mean barbarian and you cut someone's head off with your axe. only you get no points or any loot because the game doesn't register that
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: broadband question   Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:05 pm

ever thought about upgrading to cable? easier and faster. im not sure how much more it costs, but its something to think about

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Pisager
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: broadband question   Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:46 am

This is the cheapest thing to get out here in the sticks short of dial up. I'll be moving out before too long hopefully (one more year of school) and when I get an apartment I'll just pirate from someone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: broadband question   Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:54 am

Pisager wrote:
This is the cheapest thing to get out here in the sticks short of dial up. I'll be moving out before too long hopefully (one more year of school) and when I get an apartment I'll just pirate from someone else.
thats the way to go

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: broadband question   

Back to top Go down

broadband question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1