Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Is it bad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25285
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:47 am

That I never want to go visit my home? I mean, I want to see my friends, and my family, but I just don't want to pay for a bus and do the 5 hour wait thing. I don't know if I'm lazy, if I've gotten used to it here or what. My dad keeps phoning and saying, oh yeah the first year of university is the hardest, adapting and stuff. I don't know about you guys, but no its not. To encourage you guys that are moving out for the first time, its way better being alone. You do chores that you feel are important. I swear to God, I had to do a ridiculous amount of painting and landscaping for my parents for free, rattles my cage. Now I feel so at ease, homework is my only concern. I don't hang out with the cool kids of my floor, I prefer the chill underground people that don't choose to be as outgoing as humanly possible at every given moment. Not to say that I am afraid of attending parties, but what is the point if they wont share the booze, eff that. I'm fine hanging with the small amount of people I do enjoy the company of thus far. In short, home sucks, this is better.

TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6614
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:52 am

breakyoudown wrote:
That I never want to go visit my home? I mean, I want to see my friends, and my family, but I just don't want to pay for a bus and do the 5 hour wait thing. I don't know if I'm lazy, if I've gotten used to it here or what. My dad keeps phoning and saying, oh yeah the first year of university is the hardest, adapting and stuff. I don't know about you guys, but no its not. To encourage you guys that are moving out for the first time, its way better being alone. You do chores that you feel are important. I swear to God, I had to do a ridiculous amount of painting and landscaping for my parents for free, rattles my cage. Now I feel so at ease, homework is my only concern. I don't hang out with the cool kids of my floor, I prefer the chill underground people that don't choose to be as outgoing as humanly possible at every given moment. Not to say that I am afraid of attending parties, but what is the point if they wont share the booze, eff that. I'm fine hanging with the small amount of people I do enjoy the company of thus far. In short, home sucks, this is better.

I wish I could hang with the underground not cool kids on my floor, If I knew any to bad there aren't any, everyone here like to party, and watch sports, and they've started a no shaving contest a they keep bugging me to join
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:53 am

Yea , I remember that feeling , Its great ..
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14866
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:37 am

byd, thats normal. i still live at home and im waaaaay ready to leave.
on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays im home alone from 830 am to 1200pm, i look forward to that time alone.
i porpousely avoid eating dinner with my family.

as far as im concerned, the less family time i have, the more sane i am. i want very little to do with them and im always wanting to do things with my friends when they are in town.

it is normal for an 18+ year old to feel this way. im sure when i move out and spend some time on my own, ill miss them eventually, but as for now, i want out

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:20 am

dude that's normal. ppl here go home maybe once a month. most of them go home just for the big holidays and the summer. during the rest of the year they shit on how bad my city is and how we're unfriendly (yes they are scum that brought a lot of hatred to the streets)
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Lol sky, I am apart of the watching sports thing. But there's very few of us

But yeah honestly, people ask if I'm homesick and I straight up am not. I feel like I am the one who chooses what to stress over, the stress isn't given to me. Also I'm less allergic to stuff here

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:00 pm

i dont think i have ever been homesick. i went caxmping for weeks at a time without my parents, i was fine.
i never yearn to be home, but sometimes im just sick of where i am and going home is a safe haven

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15988
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:21 pm

I have a similar kind of feeling.

My Dad and my Mom are divorced, and my Dad lives here in town. But I noticed that I don't feel as though I need to go over all the time. Before I would spend every other weekend with him and go hang out with him for a few hours on some weekdays. Now I just feel like I want to get out and do things.

It's not that I don't like my family or something, it's just that I spent a shitload of time with them when I was younger, just sitting around and doing nothing. Now it feels like the time where I am preparing to go to college and become my own person. It's a weird feeling, but I don't think it's bad. I think everyone experiences this.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9724
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:27 pm

As much as I think I should love my family I don't. That's about the only lie I consistently feed them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:29 pm

damn, nothing i can say to that.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
As much as I think I should love my family I don't. That's about the only lie I consistently feed them.

I don't really know what to say to that, other than ask if you're sure? I didn't really think it was possible to not love your family, even though they annoy the hell out of you on a regular basis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 pm

i think vr has problems in his life he doesnt care to share that are much deeper than our petty shit

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:35 pm

Most likely, but I'm always here to talk no matter how serious : )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Nothing really stands out. Besides I'm sitting on corpses, and no one is sitting on me, so I'm not really in a position to complain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Metaphorically speaking right?

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11691
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:59 pm

I kinda like being at home and doing stuff with my friends and stuff like that but I do get bored out of my mind just laying around at home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Pisager
Top Lad

Number of posts : 109
Hedonistic Glory : 3022
Joined In : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:40 am

brutality, thynameismetal wrote:
i dont think i have ever been homesick.

I got homesick when my mom moved out and took me along with her. Otherwise I'm looking forward to leaving. I know several people who've said I'll be homesick all the time, so thanks for the encouragement. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 am

i hope you arent being sarcastic about the help thing...

i think it is on an individual basis. it seems to me that being homesick is natural, i just think i belong in the other group that hasnt experienced it. nothing wrong with that.
i think you will be fine when you move to college. sure youll want to come home every weekend but then slowly that starts to become old and youll find yourself visiting every month, then only summers, then only major holidays

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Pisager
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:50 am

I'm being serious (if I'm who you're talking to). I guess it really depends on wether or not you have anything to miss. I'm only really happy when there's good music or other form of entertainment, good friends, or when I'm not at home, so I think/hope I'm in the group that doesn't get homesick. No point in getting down over something that has to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 am

yes, i was talking to you.
and i agree with the busy statement

i love my family, but i slowly see myself turining into my mom and dad. i dont want that. they are (as parents go) pretty upstanding, but i dont want to be like them. so i try spending as little time with now.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Pisager
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:01 am

I seem to become more unlike my parents I think, just because I see what it looks like and don't want to become it. My Dad's not so bad, but I think I'd rather be dead than turn into my Mom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:02 am

same here. well, not as far as death...but my parents are aging before my eyes and becoming even less cool every day, and they dont have much to spare. There senility is getting on my nerves

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Pisager
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:04 am

Senility? Explain.
Main thing I don't like is from my Mom and that's being just being a control freak and thinking the world owes her.

btw, my email address is:

pisager1991@hotmail.com

for those of you on facebook,
~Tyson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:12 am

i sent friend recommendations for you. all those people are from the forum.

senile....relating to old age

my mother is so uncool. she pronounces new fads like they are a foreign language...she doesnt get most jokes. sarcasm is not funny to her. my mother suffers from lame-itude

my father on the other hand has "great" parenting skills. i will admit however he learned that from his father. my father gets upset very easily and reverts to shouting. he too has an off sense of humor. he never talks about why he is upset...and i guess i need him to talk to me becuase i learned that excessiove talks about our feelings from my mother. he doesnt get when im joking with him and if he does he is usually dead-pan face the whole time.

but they love me, which i guess comes in handy most of the time

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10609
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:14 am

the only campus in panama is the FSU campus...and its only for American citizens...so i will never get that feeling..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Pisager
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:18 am

Thanks Brute. +1 rep if I could. We have quite a bit in common it sounds like.

I'm about to send out requests. Nice to know you're not all a bunch of old British ladies playing an internet trick or something of that nature. Laughing

Edit: I approved I think you Brute, but I don't see the recommendations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:37 am

I'm nothing like my parents. My dad hasn't known me for practically my entire life, and it's to be kept that way because he has issues. Last thing I told him wasn't even that bad just that I didn't have faith and he went f***ing nuts. I can't think when I have someone screaming like a fire truck siren in front of me. All I see is a sad animal and wait for it to leave me alone. With that said he's a good person and everything but he has issues and I've lost my patience. Same with my grandpa he's another sad animal he's probably going to die soon I feel a little bad for not spending any time with him. He's a good person too but I don't want to be around him.

I told my mom stuff in August I told her things I probably wouldn't ever even share with this forum and she seemed okay. The only thing was when I told her I didn't have any love in me she cried. The thing is afterwords nothing changed. Everything is the same.

Last edited by VacuousReality on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:37 am

yeah
you can plus rep....it is the little +
----
-
key....thats how you do it

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:40 am

wow vr....thats deep.
i feel for you
ill dwell on that till i think of something toi say

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Pisager
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:59 am

Ah, there it is. And so we are friends now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 am

"So let it be written. So let it be done."

TO KILL THE FIRST BORN PHARAOH'S SOOOOOON

IM CREEPING DEATHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:01 am

are you high again?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:30 am

Ahh man VR you are such an honest dude

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Well you're honest at least. I don't really know how to respond to that

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Neither do I, but it's nice to have some friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad   

Back to top Go down

Is it bad
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Preposterous Palaver and Infinite Jest-
Jump to: