Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dyvan13
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 82
Hedonistic Glory : 3043
Joined In : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:08 am

Well, this girl that sits behind me in my honors history class might be interested in me. She is has been really playfully mean lately, and whenever I say something, like if she is talking w/ her friends she'll stop and address what I'm saying, and always laughs even if my joke or funny scenario wasn't even really funny.

Where do I go from here? I would be fine on asking her out but I don't know if she has a boyfriend and very bad humiliating things will happen if I ask her out and she says she has one. Oh yeah, we are both sophomores in high school. It's funny because I'm your long-haired slayer shirt wearing dude and she and all her friends are cheerleaders. She doesn't seem like your typical gossipy mean one though, IDK about her friends. I kinda never found out how to jump the gap between flirting and having a semi-serious relationship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9724
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:13 am

Go to her house.

I don't know why I even responded to this thread actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11691
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:21 am

Ask around and make sure first. Always a safe move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Dyvan13
A Good Fellow

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:28 am

blackstar wrote:
Ask around and make sure first. Always a safe move.

What's that mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:34 am

Ask people who may nkow if she has a boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25285
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:59 am

Or, you can add her on facebook
You'll find out in no time

blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:03 am

Indeed!
Back to top Go down
Dyvan13
A Good Fellow

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:43 am

lol i don't hav a phacebook or maispace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:44 am

Make on
Also what are the hints

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:34 am

facebook relationships are not the safest route guys. but you really do need to find out if she has a bf to save you any further trouble that might come. and there is saying in my language that addresses that - if you're taken, it doesn't mean that you're taken. like this it doesn't make much sense but taken has 2 translations so basically even if she has a bf/fiancÚ/husband sometimes that doesn't mean a thing.
also with her friends being cheerleaders - that proves nothing. i know too many ppl that are in a long and healthy relationship with ppl that seemingly don't have a lot in common with them. actually my gf and i are a really good example of that. and for an by the way f*** it really doesn't matter in the first place.

now the guys have said good stuff here - get to know the turf you're playing on. having those facts can help you out a lot. and if you really don't want to make the first move, make her make it. and yes i know women are not that crazy about doing those things but the great thing about humans in general is - when they feel safe they will do the dumbest thing ever. so basically you need to do the opposite of "kiss and tell" strategy. i doubt that you'll find yourselves going to the same party but in any case get her alone. before that you might want to somehow say that it would be a nice change to see a chick do the first move in front of her friends and/or her. BUT NEVER BRING IT UP ON YOUR OWN!!! this is where having a wingman helps a lot.
basically this little play should work. and so far i've yet to hear someone fail with it.

p.s. if she end up o your lap without her bra - you're doing good.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Listen to Styx
I saw my gf last night and I have never been happier

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:25 pm

in other more words - byd saw boobies
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:10 am

styx wrote:
in other more words - byd saw boobies

Quote of the day.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:39 pm

Not quite lol

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15988
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:13 am

breakyoudown wrote:
Listen to Styx
I saw my gf last night and I have never been happier

did you have intercourse? Don't lie...

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6614
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:34 am

ahhh reminds me of when I was young and in love assuming you are younger than I am, but yeah I remember going through some shit like that and back then I didn't take it likely but now Im like dam I was stupid shoulda done something. but yeah if you aren't looking for something serious wait before I go on are you in highschool? I assume so?, but assumptions aside, highschool is the perfect place for the kind of shit semi non-serious crap, yeah go for it personally I dont think high school was ever serious now, I don't think that but back then I was like woah most important part of life highschool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
Pisager
Top Lad

Number of posts : 109
Hedonistic Glory : 3022
Joined In : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:21 am

I like what Blue said. And a good way to get her to look your way is to throw a rock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:53 am

No

TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:18 am

Pisager wrote:
I like what Blue said. And a good way to get her to look your way is to throw a rock.

hey man the best advice comes from real life, maybe not the rock part but still
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:43 am

awww come on guys i know i'm old but i'm not that old. are you telling me that kids ain't getting drunk and having sex in the toilets of local clubs at the ages of 16 any more? f*** then my generation is really screwed up. actually this whole damn city is screwed up

anyway before you listen to the last few advices and start imagining byd having sex or start throwing rocks at someone or getting herpes, think what you want.
and one piece of valid advice from an old drunk asshole - if she is playing tough to get, 90% chances are that she ain't really interested or she is really is too tough to get no matter how good you are
Back to top Go down
Dyvan13
A Good Fellow

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:10 pm

meh. I asked her friend and she has a boyfriend already. either shes just teasin or really does like me. Where do i go from here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PIG
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 32
Hedonistic Glory : 2949
Joined In : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:34 pm

PROTIP!

By the sounds of it you don't have a very solid friendship with this girl to start? DEVELOP a friend ship with this girl, to the point where she feel comfortable talking to you about anything. you are 80% less likely to fail at girl this way. "breaking the ice as it is said, is best done too ways in my opinion, REALLY SUDDENLY, or really subtly. trying to get her to make the first move may just annoy you as she MAY want to make you move in first.

So as you can probably guess, being extremely sudden while breaking the ice can FSU all over your friend ship with this girl, who I'm assuming you've become attached to at this point (Unless you totally ignored my suggestion that you become good friends with her first) So you probably don't wanna risk that. MORE LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS.

just try to figured out how you can break the ice subtly... Go as far as to play it through your head until you have most situations in the conversation figured out. If it goes well and She DOES have feelings for you, tell her your 'crazy' about her or something to that extent. Girls like to feel loved, even if it's not true.
Then kiss her, ask her if you can kiss her first maybe? I don't know what kinda girl she is but from my experiences They seem to think that is romantic, whatever that means.
Then sexy time her... don't try to anal till 3rd date Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Dyvan13 wrote:
meh. I asked her friend and she has a boyfriend already. either shes just teasin or really does like me. Where do i go from here?

oh hoho, what have we here? I was placed in a similar situation with a girl (not the same girl) but she had a boyfriend and was dropping hints, at the time I didn't know so when I finally responded she was like I have a boyfriend, so then I was left WTF? you wouldn't leave me alone and now your all defensive so all in all, just don't make your move, wait for her to make a move. Wait don't go by that I don't want to responsible for anything so it would be cool if you did that but if something went wrong don't place blame on me
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:05 am

I can't wait till november when I can see my gf again

PIG
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 32
Hedonistic Glory : 2949
Joined In : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:13 am

Dyvan13 wrote:
WOW, that's a post i shouldn't have missed

I reckon the odds are she just wants o make her BF feel jealous? or maybe she's got a friend who feel for ya? Guess she also could just think ur cute
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dyvan13
A Good Fellow

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:22 am

PIG wrote:
Dyvan13 wrote:
WOW, that's a post i shouldn't have missed

I reckon the odds are she just wants o make her BF feel jealous? or maybe she's got a friend who feel for ya? Guess she also could just think ur cute

I never tohught about her using me to make him jealous. Hell, I don't even know who he is. It is possible she has a friend who likes me, but IDK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:59 am

As hard as it is, you probably should let it go as soon as you can
Look at the negatives if you can

TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:57 am

breakyoudown wrote:

wow really that long? where is she going to school?
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:02 am

Where'd the blue go? wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:

Anna's going to Ottawa man
Can't see her often, gotta make lasting impressions each time

TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:16 am

breakyoudown wrote:
Where'd the blue go? wrote:
breakyoudown wrote:

Anna's going to Ottawa man
Can't see her often, gotta make lasting impressions each time

sucks man least we have the internets
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:51 am

like having a bf mattered. pfff. here's a bit of experience - if it starts going somewhere and she doesn't break up with the dude, start running. trust me, it's bad stuff.

second, pig made a good point. she could be using you, or she could see you as the gay friend she wants. now you're not gay and that's a big problem in the whole situation. actually there is a third thing but the solution to that is - RUN LIKE HELL!!! and that one is from experience too, because you don't want a pissed off bastard hunting you down and wanting to rip off your jaw and shove it in your ass (x if you're little maggot eyes walk over my path this is gonna happen). now that third thing is the baby brother character. you're gonna want her, she's gonna crawl over you and yet you'll be the one forced to watch over her "good looking" friend while she and her bf have fun. and even if they do break up at one point and you say that you want sth, someone will get pissed and you'll end up getting laughed at or with sth broken.

so you might as well do what pig said - be ultimately blunt. say that you're a bit more focused on sth else or sth has you a bit off from your usual understanding and that you don't exactly get what she wants with you or if she even wants sth. again this would be a great place to have a wingman as he would be the bullet sponge by stating that she giving you signs was sth that he thought was happening. thus making you innocent of being a fool and not causing you to go down in flames.
you're choice, but you can also be 100% honest. only suggestion i have for that is - wear a helmet. ppl don't take it so well when someone is honest
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486566
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm asking a girl out tomorrow, though I have to catch her quickly because she's leaving for vacation early.

I think I have a good chance, as we hung out all day today and over the weekend, and I think she likes me enough to accept my invite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react   

Back to top Go down

Girl giving hints she likes me; not know how to react
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1