Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 I Come in Search of Folk Music!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!
avatar

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4004
Reputation : 18
Joined In : 2009-10-14
Age : 26

PostSubject: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Am I in the right place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14929
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:40 pm

oh sir, you have no idea how epic this place is.

yes, we have a couple hardcore folk lovers here
they should be on later today. i for one am not the most dedicated folk lover, but we have some people that will give ya what you want.

i shall start with the basics, i assume you have heard of these?

ensiferum
Eluveitie
equilibrium
wintersun
turisas
Korpiklaani


always glad to have a new user that is ready to post!

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!
avatar

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4004
Reputation : 18
Joined In : 2009-10-14
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:48 pm

Did I say Folk Music? Oops, my bad. I ment Celtic Punk Music! Such as the Dropkick Murphys, The Real Mckenzies, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14929
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:50 pm

i think we also have a member that partakes in such

i shall ask him to take a look here

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent
avatar

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14929
Reputation : 107
Joined In : 2008-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere back in time....

PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:56 pm

and to think that i forgot dies. hahaha
wow i feel dumb

_________________
Dark94Flame wrote:
Blink 182?
Byd, this is how it starts, you know. One day it's "I like Blink 182", the next it's "I think I like men".
Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Lord Kur
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4738
Reputation : 16
Joined In : 2009-06-04
Age : 75
Location : denver

PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:57 pm

and of course the pogues



Last edited by Lord Kur on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Lord Kur wrote:
and of course the pogues

Well of course, they did invent the sub-genre.

Neck are pretty cool too:

http://www.myspace.com/neckireland
Back to top Go down
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!
avatar

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 4004
Reputation : 18
Joined In : 2009-10-14
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:01 pm

The Flogging Mollys and The Mahones never really clicked with me, but I will have to give The Gobshytes a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
The Gobshytes:

http://www.myspace.com/gobshytes

Flogging Molly:

http://www.myspace.com/floggingmolly

The Mahones:

http://www.myspace.com/themahones
I love to drink beer kick my feet up and blast some Flogging Molly !! Great stuff dies .. BTW your ass will go down !! Look at my team , I got SID THE " MASTER " KID !
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:30 pm

hateyou1st wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:
The Gobshytes:

http://www.myspace.com/gobshytes

Flogging Molly:

http://www.myspace.com/floggingmolly

The Mahones:

http://www.myspace.com/themahones
I love to drink beer kick my feet up and blast some Flogging Molly !! Great stuff dies .. BTW your ass will go down !! Look at my team , I got SID THE " MASTER " KID !

Themz be fightin' wordz...

Joe Thornton has more points... yeah, I'm gonna own you all!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:58 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
hateyou1st wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:
The Gobshytes:

http://www.myspace.com/gobshytes

Flogging Molly:

http://www.myspace.com/floggingmolly

The Mahones:

http://www.myspace.com/themahones
I love to drink beer kick my feet up and blast some Flogging Molly !! Great stuff dies .. BTW your ass will go down !! Look at my team , I got SID THE " MASTER " KID !

Themz be fightin' wordz...

Joe Thornton has more points... yeah, I'm gonna own you all!
We will see when the smoke clears ... Sid is the man !!
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25348
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Everyone welcome ExtremeOverload, probably the coolest guy I have ever met. Awesome dude, good highschool years.
Anyway try
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su-FEbdNTuk
I know you like the fast stuff, but this does pick up, give it a shot

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I Come in Search of Folk Music!   

Back to top Go down
 
I Come in Search of Folk Music!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Possible Search For Haleigh Cummings?
» Misheard Music Lyrics
» Scotland Yard ready to wind down Madeleine search/Theportugalnews
» Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Missing 8/18/12, Richland County, SC
» What music stereotype are you?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Rarefied Refrains and Majestic Melodies-
Jump to: