Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My Photographic Alternatives Class

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14927
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: My Photographic Alternatives Class   Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Ok fellas. this particular class meets once a week. yep, once a week, fridays from 445pm-1010pm. thats a long time. usually, we dont stay that long, but i digress

In this class, we learn all types of different ways to put an image on a substrate. substrate meaning the thing that holds the image. usually its paper, but we can do t-shirts, wood, metal. you name it.

so far, we have done three processes. the first being a Cyanotype. these prints come out just blue. you out toxic chemicals on paper, then put your overhead projecter transparency sheet over the paper, then stick it in the sun for like 20 minutes. then just put it under running water and presto its done. here is what mine looked like. i did 3, this was by far teh best i did.

the second process we did was along the same lines as a cyanotype, but instead of blue, the prints come out a brown color. these are called Van Dykes.
i currently dont have my image, it is being graded. i shall get it back in a couple of days.

the third process we did was called Inkjet Transfer. This was particularly difficult because our printers were on the fritz. Anyways, you take that overhead projector transparency material, and print your picture on the glossy side. the ink doesnt dry and starts to pool and mix. you very quickly flip it over and smack it down a piece of water color paper. the ink bleeds into the crevices and gives a very impressionistic style. i got the best print in the class. i was extremely lucky and talent had very little to do with it.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: My Photographic Alternatives Class   Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:32 pm

They look so good! is that you on the pics?
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Photographic Alternatives Class   Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:34 pm

hahaha
no, not me, although i look similar.

this was taken in new mexico. some guy who works on a ranch was on a jam session playing a mandolin,
my favorite picture i have taken of all time so far

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9785
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: My Photographic Alternatives Class   Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:36 pm

That is a pretty amazing picture I thought it was like some kind of a classic when I saw it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My Photographic Alternatives Class   Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:23 pm

Is Van Dykes another term for Sepia Tone? Where you add silver sulfide to turn the picture brown.

I hated photography when I had to do it: I've always been a pencil and paper artist, I don't have the paitence for anything else barring Photoshop/Illustrator.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Photographic Alternatives Class   Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
Is Van Dykes another term for Sepia Tone? Where you add silver sulfide to turn the picture brown.

I hated photography when I had to do it: I've always been a pencil and paper artist, I don't have the paitence for anything else barring Photoshop/Illustrator.

i hate drawoing, i suck at it.

im not sure if it is the same. i think sepia toning refers to coloring the print with a certian color. in the vandyke process we coat the paper and expose it to UV and it come out brown. ill look it up later.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Photographic Alternatives Class   

Back to top Go down

My Photographic Alternatives Class
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1