Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The ONLY Game You Need This Year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16104
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:07 pm

RPG Fans rejoice!

Dragon Age: Origins

If you are not excited for this game you are not a true RPG fan. This game is just epic, and I haven't even played it. Dragon Age: Origins is a western style RPG by spectaular... no, LEGENDARY, game developer Bioware, creator of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect. The game is a fantasy epic, and features unique "Origin Stories". Whenever you play as a different race, your "Origin Story" changes and it's like a brand new twist on the story line. So you can basically play through the game 5 or 6 times and it will be different. The game features different classes, such as the traditional mage, warrior, etc. But the combat looks so visceral and brutal, I cannot even begin to describe the amount of fun I will have with this game. Here are a few videos showcasing the epicness

http://dragonage.bioware.com/gallery/videos/

I encourage you to watch a few of these, because you will literally be drooling over the awesome seeping from you screen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25401
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Hell f***ing yes man
I'm not getting MW 2
Its all Dragon Age baby

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Dragon Age is what I've been waiting for... unless you count a new Elder Scrolls game. But this is the top of my list, followed by Mass Effect 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:40 pm

I'll probably trade shit in to get it lol

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:47 pm

I can guarantee right now that Demon's Souls is a better game and I've played neither yet. This is coming from a big BioWare fan.

RPGs have become WAY to easy these days, Demon's Souls is a game for real game players: level grinding doesn't mean jack in this game, its about having skill and the right tactics. Not only that the online element looks awesome. It looks so atmospheric and engrossing too: I can totally see myself lost in the game.

The best western RPG and its made by Atlus, go figure.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:50 pm

That game looks interesting, but I want a decent mix of difficulty, story, and customization. When I play games like this I usually play on the hardest, or near hardest, difficulty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:51 pm

I will admit that I am losing interest in hard games. I just want to win in my free time, not get my ass kicked. The latter Oblivion levels used up all my potions in no time, that's hard enough

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:56 pm

I really want a new Elder Scrolls title
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:56 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
That game looks interesting, but I want a decent mix of difficulty, story, and customization. When I play games like this I usually play on the hardest, or near hardest, difficulty.

Very difficult is the only difficulty. You will die, many times. It has the customization, but I'll admit that story is the one thing I'm worried about. It is very simple. However, they say the atmosphere and compelling nature of the gameplay itself makes up for this.

The problem with Dragon Age is that I know what I'm getting. Bioware have made the same game with a different setting for years. Okay, thats not quite true, but the main elements haven't really changed: rpg with choices with consequences and different character development. Well woop de do. Dragon Age has a different story for each race, but I'd be bored after playing going through the first one. At least Demon's Souls offers something new.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:59 pm

I guess that's what makes us different as rpg players. If Bioware made every game with their current formula I would be in RPG bliss. Well, given I have an Elder Scrolls game to play at the time.

The Elder Scrolls is just the best rpg that could ever be. If you bump the difficulty slider all the the way up you're in for a challenge. And it just offers so much, it's completely free based. I couldn't imagine a better game, except sometimes I want the more linear stories and games that don't take up so much of my time
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:05 pm

I can't wait for FF14 myself. 13 will be mind blowing I'm sure, but if Square-Enix have fixed the faults of 11 and if what they say about 14 being like the single player game but put into a multiplayer world, with all the story elements that brings, it will be life swallowing in its goodness. I'm gonna waste away days, nay months on that game...

Thats also why I'm gonna love Demon's Souls: the multiplayer. I can't wait to invade some elses game and kill them for their souls. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Game You Need This Year   

Back to top Go down

The ONLY Game You Need This Year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1