Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Southern Isolation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:03 am

Southern Isolation - Come Back And Let Me In (Going Down The The Wrong Road)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CYaYqDB9s

Southern Isolation - The Wall Of You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjEe6G-UZc

Southern Isolation - I Got Lost In Myself Again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TubY_NDy2M0

Southern Isolation - Blue Bird (Make You Shine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvGgtDLnEQ
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486567
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 am

a disgrace to southern music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15989
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:15 am

I don't want to sound like a prick, but that does not sound like good southern music to me.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5450
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:14 am

The only good band Anselmo has ever been in is Down. This is just awful. And yes, I do hate Pantera, before you ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:40 am

Axeforhire wrote:
I don't want to sound like a prick, but that does not sound like good southern music to me.
Well to tell the truth i have made better music when i was drunk off my ass but i posted it to see if anyone ( fans of panters , down , ect ) liked it .. Now when i think of southern music i think of soul and feel , pride and grit , This shit is just to much lsd and time ..
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Yeah I like real outlaw music. Real good southern music. That's where my heritage is

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
Yeah I like real outlaw music. Real good southern music. That's where my heritage is

You live in Indiana dude..... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Southern music to me is all about the sludge. No one else does dirty, insanely catchy music like it.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:21 pm

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

I do live in Indiana, but my Dad was born in Tennesee (in a tiny town in the mountains called Norris, which is ironic considering that's my last name) and my mom's family is from west virginia. Most of my Dad's family lives in Tennesee. My family is southern through and through lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11692
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
Southern music to me is all about the sludge. No one else does dirty, insanely catchy music like it.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

I do live in Indiana, but my Dad was born in Tennesee (in a tiny town in the mountains called Norris, which is ironic considering that's my last name) and my mom's family is from west virginia. Most of my Dad's family lives in Tennesee. My family is southern through and through lol
Good people come from Tennesee and west virginia. Axe where you live has little to do with the south , It comes from your heart and soul .. I have a buddy from NYC and he is a Southern man at heart . I have been to over 30 states and there are Southern men from cali to Indiana ..
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:39 pm

I love southern pride and hospitality. There are some amazing people that come from the south. But I hate that there are those few redneck asswipes that stereotype all southern people

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:50 pm

Why does everyone have to use " REDNECK " when they have something bad to say ? GODDAMN IT DO YOUR HOME WORK 1ST !

The term redneck was used in The West Virginia Coal Miners March (1921) or the Battle of Blair Mountain when coal miners wore red bandannas around their necks to identify themselves as seeking the opportunity to unionize

The Battle of Blair Mountain was the largest organized armed uprising in American labor history and led almost directly to the labor laws currently in effect in the United States of America. For nearly a week in late August and early September 1921, in Logan County, West Virginia, between 10,000 and 15,000 coal miners confronted company-paid private detectives in an effort to unionize the southwestern West Virginia mine counties. Unionization had succeeded elsewhere as part of a demographic boom that was triggered by the extension of the railroad and was characterized by unprecedented immigrant hiring and exploitation in the region.

Though tensions had been simmering for years, the immediate catalyst for the uprising was the unpunished murder of Sid Hatfield on the steps of the McDowell County Courthouse on August 1, 1921. Hatfield, the police chief of Matewan, was murdered by agents of the Baldwin-Felts private detective agency. He had been a long-time supporter of the United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) and their efforts to unionize the mines.

At a rally on August 7, Mary Harris "Mother" Jones called on the miners not to march into Logan and Mingo counties and set up the union by force. Accused by some of losing her nerve, she rightly feared a bloodbath in a battle between lightly-armed union forces and the more heavily-armed deputies from Logan County. Yet, feeling they had been lied to again by West Virginia's Governor Morgan, armed men began gathering at Lens Creek Mountain, near Marmet in Kanawha County on August 20, where four days later up to 13,000 had gathered and began marching towards Logan County. Miners near St. Albans, West Virginia Kanawha County impatient to get to the fighting commandeered a Chesapeake and Ohio freight train, renamed by the miners as the 'Blue Steel Special', to meet up with the advanced column of marchers at Danville in Boone County on their way to Bloody Mingo. Meanwhile, the reviled and anti-union Sheriff of Logan County, Don Chafin (1887-1954),[1] had begun to set up defenses on Blair Mountain. Chafin was supported financially by the Logan County Coal Operators Association creating the nation's largest private armed force of nearly 2,000.

The first skirmishes occurred on the morning of August 25. The bulk of the miners were still 15 miles away. The following day, President Warren Harding threatened to send in federal troops and Army Martin MB-1 bombers. After a long meeting in the town of Madison, the seat of Boone County, agreements were made convincing the miners to return home. However, the struggle was far from over. After spending days to assemble his private army, Chafin was not going to be denied his battle to end union attempts at organizing Logan County coal mines. Within hours of the Madison decision, reports came in that Sheriff Chafin's men were deliberately shooting union sympathizers in the town of Sharples, West Virginia just north of Blair Mountain ó and that families had been caught in crossfire during the skirmishes. Infuriated, the miners turned back towards Blair Mountain, many traveling in other stolen and commandeered trains.

By August 29, battle was fully joined. Chafin's men, though outnumbered, had the advantage of higher positions and better weaponry. Private planes were hired to drop homemade bombs on the miners. On orders from the famous General Billy Mitchell, Army bombers from Maryland were also used to disperse the miners, a rare example of Air Power being used by the federal government against US citizens. A combination of gas and explosive bombs left over from the fighting in World War I were dropped in several locations near the towns of Jeffery, Sharples and Blair. At least one did not explode and was recovered by the miners; it was used months later to great effect during treason and murder trials following the battle. Sporadic gun battles continued for a week, with the miners at one time nearly breaking through to the town of Logan and their target destinations, the non-unionized counties to the south, Logan and Mingo. Up to 30 deaths were reported by Chafinís side and 50-100 on the union miners side, with many hundreds more injured. By September 2, federal troops had arrived. Realizing he would lose a lot of good miners if the battle continued with the military, union leader Bill Blizzard passed the word for the miners to start heading home the following day. Miners fearing jail and confiscation of their guns found clever ways to hide rifles and hand guns in the woods before leaving Logan County. Collectors and researchers to this day are still finding weapons and ammunition embedded in old trees and in rock crevices. Thousands of spent and live cartridges have made it into private collections.

Following the battle, 985 miners were indicted for "murder, conspiracy to commit murder, accessory to murder, and treason against the State of West Virginia". Though some were acquitted by sympathetic juries, many were also imprisoned for a number of years, though they were paroled in 1925. It would be Bill Blizzard's trial where the unexploded bomb was used as evidence of the government and companies' brutality, and ultimately resulted in his acquittal.

Short term, the battle seemed to be an overwhelming victory for management, and UMWA membership plummeted from more than 50,000 miners to approximately 10,000 over the next several years. Not until 1935 did the UMW fully organize in southern West Virginia, after the election of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

Ok that explains that then.

But being from the North, I can tell you I feel real uncomfortable in the South. Maybe that's because I once walked into a bar in Kentucky with a 18" neon blue mohawk, a Che Guevera shirt, and a huge hammer and sickle back patch on my jacket, almost getting myself shot, but who knows....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Hahaha that my good friend would be a VERY good reason to feel uncomfortable in the south xD That being said I'm not always comfortable here but hey that could be because of who I am ya know lol.
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

Number of posts : 328
Hedonistic Glory : 3259
Joined In : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 pm

@ Portrait: that would do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://504nola.blogspot.com
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:29 pm

That was more or less just something he and Stephanie were doing for themselves so I've heard.

Some of it was ok.

I don't understand why everyone has some much hate for Pantera, While I agree Down is lightyears ahead I don't see why all the hatred towards Pantera is there.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:31 pm

No hatred for Pantera from me I'm just not a big fan.
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:33 pm

I think I went from not liking them to hating them when they started putting pot leaves all over their merchandise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:35 pm

That was always a detraction for me as well lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:37 pm

Old school, pre cowboys from hell Pantera is okay, and even that album has a redeeming feature in Cemetary Gates, but then they started to suck more than Tera Patrick''s filmography.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Cemetery Gates=Epic Win
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:39 pm

I use the term redneck for white people who live like heathens. Much like I use the term beaner for mexicans who come to America illegally and and refuse to assimilate and send their money back to Mexico

Back to top Go down
View user profile
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:43 pm

I don't know, I like all their material, except for the glam stuff with Terry. That shit sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:45 pm

who? wrote:
I don't know, I like all their material, except for the glam stuff with Terry. That shit sucks.

You'll say you like Damageplan next, leading me to kill myself in sheer hopelessness for the human race.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
who? wrote:

You'll say you like Damageplan next, leading me to kill myself in sheer hopelessness for the human race.

Nope, that's my job *raises hand slowly* ....so dibs on your shit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
I use the term redneck for white people who live like heathens. Much like I use the term beaner for mexicans who come to America illegally and and refuse to assimilate and send their money back to Mexico
I understand but REDNECK is used by so many to down white people / People from the south , If i talk about mexicans , Blacks or any other race i get slamed as a recist .. So redneck tends to piss me off ..
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:53 pm

I agree, becuase I get called a redneck alot along with my family. But you have to remember, if it's redneck to be southern than my whole family is rednecks. But I'm using it as a slur to bash those asswipes that make all white people look bad

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:55 pm

blackstar wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:
who? wrote:

Nope, that's my job *raises hand slowly* ....so dibs on your shit?

I've changed my mind.

That hit man never did so up did he, cheap ass foriegner, but I'm saving up for someone more up market. Someone with a silenced H&K.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Haha that joke will never get old. Actually on a funny note at the concert I was headbanging and then looked up and there was a guy of Indian/Arabic descent standing beside me xD I almost wanted to ask him if Martin had sent him out of humor but decided against it just in case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:59 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
I agree, becuase I get called a redneck alot along with my family. But you have to remember, if it's redneck to be southern than my whole family is rednecks. But I'm using it as a slur to bash those asswipes that make all white people look bad
White trash .. White trash is what brings the good hard working white foke down ..
Back to top Go down
who?
A Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Oh noes, f*** a Damageplan!

that shit sucked BALLS
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Lol I actually remember it being ok but that being said it has been quite a while so I could have a different opinion now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:12 pm

who? wrote:
Oh noes, f*** a Damageplan!

that shit sucked BALLS
The band blows but DIME was a hell of a player .. RIP DIME!
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Yeah I kinda think that's my overall opinion of stuff he was in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Isolation   

Back to top Go down

Southern Isolation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1