Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

People need to take MW2 into perspective

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10394
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:46 pm

It is a great game, don't get me wrong, but people are freaking out too much about it. I haven't heard anything else from anyone around town that didn't involve modern warfare 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm psychic: I already know I hate this game 3 months from now.

Stop making games for noobs IW: Death Streaks, Class Stealing, Turrets, Martydom, Heartbeat sensor, Spawning enemies behind me... your ruining what could be the best online experience you can have.

I'm sure the quick scopers will be back and there's gotta be something to replace god's gun (M16) which is rediculously overpowered.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Really? I enjoyed that gun. But you are correct, I am hating it right now because people won't shut the hell up about it.
Back to top Go down
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 4842
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Everytime i mention that im getting it for PC and not 360 some retard will be like "Dude your a noob only douchebags would get an FPS for PC." Its getting on my nerve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

Number of posts : 557
Hedonistic Glory : 3776
Joined In : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:07 pm

Its the same thing, just with a computer. and its $10 cheaper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Myspace.com/e_money05
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:47 am

Agreed, they are all like "I WASTED 300 DOLLARS ON MY GAMING SYSTEM AND WON'T ADMIT IT'S A WASTE BECAUSE I AM A SELF ABSORBED DOUCHE"
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 am

^ That was for the people that talk shit about other systems all the time, none for anyone else.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25292
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:38 am

I am very close to quitting online gaming
And I have free month codes

Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15995
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:27 pm

They are making CoD Halo. If that makes any sense to you all

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 3948
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
They are making CoD Halo. If that makes any sense to you all
this touched my soul
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:44 pm

You get it!

They ruined Halo, it's only a matter of time...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:50 pm

All good things must die at some point. It is a sad part of life. Things like Pokemon and Bernie Mac...*sniff*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Pokemon is still amazing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
Pokemon is still amazing
Oh trust me, I know it is. Im just talking about the uncreative ideas now a days (a f***ing balloon? come on)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:55 pm

The first level is soooo controversial

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:14 am

Played it solid online yesterday, and it is better than COD4 by miles.

For one, you can no longer quick scope. Yay! You can have a shotgun as your secondary weapon which is just full of win, the Scar-H kills so damn quick (Love hthis gun, and the M14, though I've only red tigered the Scar so far), the only down side being you only get 40 bullets to start, but that doesn't matter if you use the scavenger perk.

Turrets can be easily destroyed, so they're not the problem I thought they might be, the guns seem more balanced so far, and the maps, oh my god...

Scrapyard is so good, and there's a map called Skidrow, IW get bonus points just for that: I wonder if I'll see Sebastian Bach online? Anyway, apart from the massive one in the field (I forget its name, but it hardly has any buildings... it sucks anyway), they are all brilliant.

Out of all my worries, the only thing that hasn't been fixed is the spawn system: I've spawned with a enemy player right behind me a few times, but its a small complaint.

I hold my hand up. I thought this would be incredibly unbalanced and favour the noobs, but the truth is with the kill streaks going up to 30, shotguns and machine pistols as secondary weapons and no overpowered guns, I can see the noobs getting tired and going back to 4, leaving the people who can actually play to enjoy themselves.

I haven't started single player, but it can only be a let down after the hype...
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6621
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:48 pm

people need to get the prestige edition, simply because it comes with night vision goggles
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:45 pm

I hate playing games online when everyone is amazing
It sucks

MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:52 pm

theres a perk where you can put a beacon and you spawn there that might be why a couple people have spawned behind you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
I haven't started single player, but it can only be a let down after the hype...

The single player is great, short, but great. I dont know if you have heard of this, but there is a very controversial mission where your a russian terrorist, and you walk through an airport and just waste everyone. It is really kind of disturbing.
Back to top Go down
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Tom_Sawyer wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:

The single player is great, short, but great. I dont know if you have heard of this, but there is a very controversial mission where your a russian terrorist, and you walk through an airport and just waste everyone. It is really kind of disturbing.

Yea, and it also doesnt make sense that your an American Ranger too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skaven
A Scholar

Number of posts : 380
Hedonistic Glory : 3511
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:24 pm

I bought it today for the 360, have only played it briefly for about 30 mins but first impressions are that it seems better COD 4. Hopefully it will last longer than all of the other COD games which are just too short in length despite them being awesome games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Single player was shorter than COD4. It wasn't anything special but it was good. I actually found what happened at the end of the airport mission more shocking than gunning everyone down.

Does anybody know why the latest patch has stopped multiplayer from working? I've been trying to get online for the last couple of hours with no joy.

BTW bling is the greatest perk ever. Scar-H with silencer, thermal scope and cold blooded = lots of kills.
Back to top Go down
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Ive been playing online today just fine...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:48 pm

MarshallEMG wrote:
Tom_Sawyer wrote:
Dies Irae wrote:

Yea, and it also doesnt make sense that your an American Ranger too...

Your undercover for the Americans trying to find out the Russians plans. Then they catch on and cap you so it looks like the Americans executed a Russian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:34 am

if you ask me we should give it a month or 2 to see what isn't exactly good or bad. some ppl are already saying that spawn system is messed (as always), the killstreaks being too powerful, too many god guns (famas, m16, mg4 + grip, etc)
but then again cod4 was great when it came out. 2 months later we figured what's good and what's not good. somehow it's gonna be the same thing all over again and ppl will be bitching about the same things until sth else comes out. then it will be superior and ppl will start bitching again with reason (mp40 anyone?) and without reason
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:03 pm

As far as I know there is never going to be the greatest online game
I get sick of anything with heavy play for 2 weeks

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:47 pm

cod4, cod:waw, halo2, halo3 and a lot of other games were named the best. just a matter of preference
Back to top Go down
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:13 pm

styx wrote:
if you ask me we should give it a month or 2 to see what isn't exactly good or bad. some ppl are already saying that spawn system is messed (as always), the killstreaks being too powerful, too many god guns (famas, m16, mg4 + grip, etc)
but then again cod4 was great when it came out. 2 months later we figured what's good and what's not good. somehow it's gonna be the same thing all over again and ppl will be bitching about the same things until sth else comes out. then it will be superior and ppl will start bitching again with reason (mp40 anyone?) and without reason

Well if all the guns are overpowered then really none of them are, and have you guys heard about the 25 kill streak with that nuke that just ends the game right there? That seems a bit overpowered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:18 pm

i've seen it actually. the biggest problem is that ppl know how to get to it fast. they take an assault rifle with scavenger, stopping power or cold blooded and ninja. and for the kill streaks they put on harrier strike at 7 kills, and that basically an air strike + chopper from cod4, then the chopper gunner at 11 kills (harrier that stays behind almost always gets 4 kills) and the nuke at 25
Back to top Go down
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:53 pm

I got it in a split screen match and it is pretty crazy. it looks like the sun is blowing up and then the screen just goes black, and then the scoreboard come up with your team winning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:39 am

Akimbo is WAY overpowered. Forget the fact that you can't aim down your sights. For more close quaters maps like Scrapyard, I've been dual weilding P90's and raping everyone. The fact is doesn't replace a perk is insane too, because I can carry on using bling and still have rapid fire, I can akimbo my machine pistols, have stopping power and steady aim, that and the massive clips means you can just go on a rampage.

People are complaining about the guns, but taken on their own, they're pretty balanced, with each having it merits, its the insane classes you can make mixed with the kill streaks that are overpowered.

I don't have a problem with it, as I'm usually the one handing out the pain more often than not, but it must be very fustrating for others. If I want a challenge I can just switch to the MP5K which kicks like a mule... about the only fault I can find in any gun so far. Oh, wait the Vector sucks too, but that's about it.

Maps are also a little big. I'd like something like wet or showdown in future map packs so I can start using a shotgun more.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Big maps are the devil

Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 pm

everythings the devil to you!
Back to top Go down
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:27 pm

I got 2 Ac130s today there f***ing cheap i got like ten kills each time but you only get to use it for like a minute and your weapons have to reload after a few shots so its balanced out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Satan is the devil

Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:31 pm

I just got my xbox today and i love the online. Famas is the new M16 but the m4 is sweet as hell
Back to top Go down
Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4259
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:40 pm

The M16 is still in the game lol, havent used it yet though, loving the SCAR and MP5K
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:44 pm

I know the M16 is still there, but I meant was that it is a 1 shot kill and you get it right from the start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:56 am

Shady wrote:
The M16 is still in the game lol, havent used it yet though, loving the SCAR and MP5K

You really like the MP5K? It has all kinds of recoil. The UMP45 is better in my opinion, you can get some rediculous long shots. The Scar is great, but I hate the Famas... I hate the burst fire guns, they're always overpowered. The Scar is pretty dandy though.

My favourite guns are the barret 50.cal (this game has turned me into a sniper goddamnit, the maps are to frickin' big), P90 for duel wielding, the PP2000 because it just kills so dam quick, the TAR-21 and stinger, because no one else seems like they want to shoot down those goddamn choppers and lastly the striker for clearing campers out of their hidey holes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:06 am

you know if famas wasn't a burst shot it would probably be just like the TAR-21. but 2 burst fire guns? seriously? rather take one out of the game, or put sth else. in cod4 i loved the m14, as the grunt's choice, but you could always rely on sth else. now the only actual gun i'd really rely on is the ak. true i haven't played the game yet, but somehow i don't think that i'm gonna be that impressed with assault rifles.
lmg's on the other hand are a different story, and finally there is a choice other than fast pea shooter, slow cannon and raging porn demon that can kill everything on any distance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:15 pm

The AUG-HBAR is a beast. The accuarcy with a grip is insane, and not to much recoil either. I've never really been an LMG fan, but it isn't half bad.

Used a tactical nuke in domination, just to see it in action. I've changed back to something I can more easily get (harrier and chopper gunner) that will rape because no one seems to carry rocket launchers, everyone's obsessed with the PP2000.

I'm starting to settle in properley now I know the maps. I'm also starting to use ninja quite a bit, because the heartbeat sensor is very popular. So's scrambler for some strange reason: it just lets me know you're near me and lets me prep and jump you. But they can't use cold blooded, which is my favourite perk BTW, because they'd have to give up using the mighty stopping power! I hate the magnum in this game. It was brilliant in WaW, and has always come with arm shattering recoil, but the animation for it in MW2 is very off putting for some odd reason.

Spec Ops has been a let down so far, but I've yet to do it co-op.

I could rant about this game for days...
Back to top Go down
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:15 pm

My favorite gun so far is probably the Scar - H. I use bling with a silence and red dot and i get a +10 K/D pretty much everygame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Tom_Sawyer wrote:
My favorite gun so far is probably the Scar - H. I use bling with a silence and red dot and i get a +10 K/D pretty much everygame.

The only problem with that gun is the tiny amount of ammo you get with it. I mean you get 120 bullets for the Famas, which is a burst overpowered gun as it is, but only 40 for the Scar? How does that work?
Back to top Go down
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:44 pm

yea I was thinking the same thing, and its pretty dumb how they took bandolier out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Tom_Sawyer wrote:
yea I was thinking the same thing, and its pretty dumb how they took bandolier out.

Bandolier is actually the pro version of scavenger in MW2, a perk I use with the scar for that reason, though its pointlesss, because the normal version of scavenger re-fills your ammo, for both primary and secondary weapons, grenades, noob tubes... everything, so the pro version is redundant. You do have to live without bling though, but the scar iron sights are pretty good.

Bling, cold blooded and ninja is my favourite perk set up (all pro of course). Enemy can't find you and more importantly, neither can the massively overpowered air-support. With a silenced, dot sighted (I don't like the holographic ones on some guns, especially the TAR) UMP45 you can really get on peoples nerves...
Back to top Go down
Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Yea I have been using scavenger with my M4 and its been pretty good. I'm gonna try out some new combos later tonight.
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6621
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Ok so I got to try out the night vision goggles this weekend let me just say I have never felt more manly then I ever did wearing night vision during the day, its just incredible, even if you can't see anything while playing, but still the night vision is just awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Does it say people's power levels?

Tom_Sawyer
Lord 'o Lava Lamps

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Power Levels? I dont know what those are. But the AUG is a effin BEAST of a gun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People need to take MW2 into perspective   

Back to top Go down

People need to take MW2 into perspective
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next