Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Patrons claim service was so bad, they had to get napkins and silverware for themselves

If you’re frustrated by poor service at a restaurant, think twice before you decide to not tip. You may be in for a bit more than just a dirty look from the waiter.

"Nobody, nobody wants to be forced to pay a tip or be arrested for terrible service," Leslie Pope said when her happy hour ended in handcuffs.

Pope and John Wagner were hauled away by police and charged with theft for not paying the mandatory 18 percent gratuity totaling $16 after eating at the Lehigh Pub in Bethlehem, Pa. with six friends.

Pope claimed that they had to wait nearly an hour for their order and that she had to get napkins and silverware for the table herself.

At this point I became very annoyed because I had already gone up to the bar myself to have my soda refilled because the waitress never came back,” Pope said.

After the $73 bill came, the group paid for food, drinks, and tax but refused to pay the tip. After explaining the bad service to the bartender in charge, Pope claimed he took their money and called police. The couple was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police car.

“I understand that, you know, we didn’t pay the gratuity, but it was a gratuity, it wasn’t something that was required,” said Wagner.

The owner admitted that the group waited unusually long for their food, but said the pub was extremely busy that night. He said managers offered to comp the food, a claim the couple denies ever happened.

“Obviously we would have liked for the patron and the establishment to have worked this out without getting the police involved,” said Deputy Police Commissioner Stuart Bedics.

Police charged them with theft since the gratuity was part of the actual bill. However, it is doubtful that the charges will hold up in front of a judge. The couple is scheduled to appear in court next month.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10676
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:57 am

hahaha DAMN! this world is fucked..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25352
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:50 am

Bitches should get the chair

Shady
Lightning Rider

Number of posts : 1372
Hedonistic Glory : 4319
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:08 am

U.S seems to be the only country where tips are mandatory meaning terrible service will still get you the tips why cant it just be like everywhere else where we choose to tip and people who provide good service will receive good tips?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11390
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Geez, he called the police for $16? A bit too far...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9791
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:15 pm

It kind of kills the purpose of the tip...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14933
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:21 pm

wow, that owner is an asshole.

i know, i haste going out with my friends becuase i feel like i will go to hell if i dont tip. sometimes, i dont want to tip, but i feel obligated to do so.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:03 pm

In Finland you don't tip Razz Well... you can but people will just think your weird
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10454
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:05 pm

I still think that would be the most epic place to live Shin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14933
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:36 pm

wait, you still just think? i (without any experience) KNOW it is the best place to live. also, close to norway, one of the places i want to visit before i die

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10454
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:02 pm

brutality, thynameismetal wrote:
wait, you still just think? i (without any experience) KNOW it is the best place to live. also, close to norway, one of the places i want to visit before i die

opinions change with time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip   

Back to top Go down

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1