Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World Painted Blood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:15 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:
God fans like that ruin anything.

Ya cause denim vests are soooooooooooooooo original....

All thrash did was steal punk fashion. At least Black Metal came up with something new, even if it is cheesy. (not talking about those kids)
And your point is ? Thrash came from punk .. Also you can walk down the street looking like that .. Boots , tee , and a denim vest . Now if you walk down the street with that shit black metal bands ware with your face painted , well besides getting laughed at you may take a ass kicking ..
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11754
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:17 am

Yeah it's stage gear it's not worn on a normal basis in public.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:17 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Judas Priest painted their faces and decorated their stages with naked women on crosses and impaled pig heads?

No that was the 80's band W.A.S.P. ..
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:19 am

Also personally I don't give a f*** if it is totally ridiculous. I f***ing enjoy the black metal image. It's brilliant on stage, it looks good to me. I honestly don't think it looks stupid. I'm not entirely sure what the hell having a father has to do with any of this. And also why the hell do we do this, all these arguments are really starting to piss me off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:20 am

blackstar wrote:
Yeah it's stage gear it's not worn on a normal basis in public.
Punks and thrashers wore the same thing on the street as they did on stage .. When it becomes more about the look then the music thats when you know its went to shit .. My whole thing with black metal is .. If they would learn to play and act like that got sence they would be a DEATH metal band ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:24 am

blackstar wrote:
Also personally I don't give a f*** if it is totally ridiculous. I f***ing enjoy the black metal image. It's brilliant on stage, it looks good to me. I honestly don't think it looks stupid. I'm not entirely sure what the hell having a father has to do with any of this. And also why the hell do we do this, all these arguments are really starting to piss me off.
Well the only reson i started on black metal was because the few that love to trash thrash are black metal fans .. It lets them know that people can talk as much shit about what they like as they do to what others like .. I think music is music and we all like different stuff but if you like to jump on one type of music just to start shit you need to be ready for it to come back and hit home ..
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:25 am

I'm so sick of hearing the whole "learn to play shit" I mean honestly. It's kinda f***ing retarded. You like a ton of 80's hardcore and they couldn't play for shit and admit it. A ton of bm is kinda the same way its about the atmosphere and energy and not the "technicality of the music." Honestly a ton of "supertalentedholyshittheycanplayawesome" bands just bore the f*** out of me. And I'm fairly well convinced that a lot of bm bands can "play".
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5512
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:29 am

If you're playing an instrument because you want credit for being good at your instrument, I hate you.

This is one of the reasons I hate tech-death, thrash, and hair metal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:36 am

blackstar wrote:
I'm so sick of hearing the whole "learn to play shit" I mean honestly. It's kinda f***ing retarded. You like a ton of 80's hardcore and they couldn't play for shit and admit it. A ton of bm is kinda the same way its about the atmosphere and energy and not the "technicality of the music." Honestly a ton of "supertalentedholyshittheycanplayawesome" bands just bore the f*** out of me. And I'm fairly well convinced that a lot of bm bands can "play".
Yea atmosphere is part of the 80s hardcore but there was more than atmosphere .. There was a statement , there was style and those guys could play . There shows were balls out . It wasnt about looks it was about the music ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:39 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
If you're playing an instrument because you want credit for being good at your instrument, I hate you.

If you play a instrument not to get good at it your wasting your time ...BTW you can hate me if you want .. Im used to it ..
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:41 am

I think you're missing something Hate. A lot of Black Metal is making the same statement as punk made. It's the same "fuck you" attitude. The only differences are the means and who it's directed at. And Black Metal is about the music too, without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:41 am

hateyou1st wrote:
PortraitOfSanity wrote:

If you play a instrument not to get good at it your wasting your time ...BTW you can hate me if you want .. Im used to it ..

Playing it to get good is one thing. Playing it to just shred all day to impress people is just plain boring. And it sounds like shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:44 am

hateyou1st wrote:
blackstar wrote:
Yea atmosphere is part of the 80s hardcore but there was more than atmosphere .. There was a statement , there was style and those guys could play . There shows were balls out . It wasnt about looks it was about the music ..

Black metal isn't about the look. It's about the music. Sure there are the bands that are all about the look and then there are bands that don't wear gear. But you can't deny that the look is part of the spectacle and the appeal. The fact that punks took the stage in shitty day cloths said something about it. And the fact that a lot of bm bands use their gear says something about them. I won't lie I'm a black metalist and I f***ing love it. Nothing gives me the same kind of energy or power it does. And I think the look of it is a distinct part of the power and energy behind it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:49 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
hateyou1st wrote:
PortraitOfSanity wrote:

Playing it to get good is one thing. Playing it to just shred all day to impress people is just plain boring. And it sounds like shit.
Im a old guy , I can "shred" . I dont try to impress anyone cause i could care less what others think of my music, But im not going to dumb my music down so it has atmosphere .Also if you think players who shred is boring .. Try to play it , Shred , After you do it and know what your doing then say that .. I have been playing for over 30 years and can play most anything . I was doing sweeps at 14 becaus i was a Yngwie Malmsteen fan , I could and i will say can still play van halens 1st album along with almost any slayer song .. Try it shred for a while and see if you get bored before your hands hurt ..
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:54 am

Why does music have to be considered "dumb" if its simple. I'm still trying to figure that out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:57 am

blackstar wrote:
hateyou1st wrote:
blackstar wrote:

Black metal isn't about the look. It's about the music. Sure there are the bands that are all about the look and then there are bands that don't wear gear. But you can't deny that the look is part of the spectacle and the appeal. The fact that punks took the stage in shitty day cloths said something about it. And the fact that a lot of bm bands use their gear says something about them. I won't lie I'm a black metalist and I f***ing love it. Nothing gives me the same kind of energy or power it does. And I think the look of it is a distinct part of the power and energy behind it.
I can understand that and respect that .. But the thing is when someone talks shit about what you like it pisses you off right ?? And i see it does. Now im a slayer fan / thrash / punk and when 3 or 4 people make it there days work to talk shit and dog it down its my right to talk shit about what they like .. Now i could care less about black metal .. IB got me to check out burzum a year ago . It was not bad , The guy is ok , his timing is not great but its not bad .. But would i say that to someone who just told me that what i like is shit . NO . Black metal is just that black metal .. Nothing more nothing less . and i understand there not the best players out there but they want to make music .. Now if they spend more time on there make up than they do there music even you should be able to call that crap ..
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9787
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:59 am

There is a minor "musical" side to this whole argument, but it's horribly simple and irrelevant. And the argument I speak of is this one that people are participating in, to avoid confusion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:03 am

blackstar wrote:
Why does music have to be considered "dumb" if its simple. I'm still trying to figure that out.
Most good songs are simple. But its the way you go about it .. If you have a simple riff that makes the song its fine .." the clash " Now the thing is simple and not being able to play are 2 different things .. I have a buddy thats a monster black metal fan , and he has a band . he cant play ! he cant tune a guitar . his stuff is out of tune and bad . but he tells me its not about the music .. Its the state of mind . Well hell right a book on your staate of mind instead of making noiise is what i tell him ..
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:06 am

Whatever I'm done with this. I didn't even start this argument. But f*** it.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10783
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:07 am

Oh wow, shitstorm turned into shithurricane
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:08 am

In the end we all do whatever we want to do anyways. It doesn't matter who thinks what is bad if you're doing what you love or want to do and get away with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:09 am

Taxer666 wrote:
Oh wow, shitstorm turned into shithurricane

No lie. That just made me laugh my f***ing ass off.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14929
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:23 am

Axeforhire wrote:
God fans like that ruin anything. I also like the In Flames shirt on one of them.
i nearly shit myself

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
I think you're missing something Hate. A lot of Black Metal is making the same statement as punk made. It's the same "fuck you" attitude. The only differences are the means and who it's directed at. And Black Metal is about the music too, without a doubt.
dude, can i have your autograph? this man speaks (mainly) truth.

ok, can i settle this?
People like what they like. Plain and simple. People who try to disuade you often get you pissed. Same for politics, but thats another argument
I think that metal heads have some sort of hierarchy in their minds that one subset of music is better than others., or not even that. They consider what they listen to as the disciple. I throw myself in on this one. I think that anyone that doesnt like Scar Symmetry must be a ho-bag. I dont know why we think this way
But Christ, say it sucks and move on. these long dragged out arguments are boring. You people are so unoriginal.

And just as a thought....
Dont compare Slayer to Metallica....apples and oranges mate.
Shitstorm is hi-f***ing-larious
Shithurricane is double win sauce and balls-tastic.

ANY QUESTIONS?!?!?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:25 am

This is why I planned to vote you member of the whatever it will be when the time comes. Always honest, open, and constructive...consistently.

Last edited by VacuousReality on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:27 am

it is my jeneeus you are so attracted to.
lets run away....

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:28 am

You are the man brute .. BTW Anyone that doesnt like Scar Symmetry must be a ho-bag.. True words .. lol
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:31 am

utter ho-bag. a true degnerate.
everyone copies scar symmetry, they are the true pioneers of metal
hell, if you dont like them, might as well tell your parents you sucka da cock

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:34 am

brutality, thynameismetal wrote:
it is my jeneeus you are so attracted to.
lets run away....

LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486629
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:20 pm

Woah, a full page of bullshit.

What's the point of playing well if you can't craft art out of it? Black Metal isn't about showing off skills. It's about the atmosphere the music creates.

I'd take atmosphere over amazing ability any day, because the overall impression of atmosphere is far more deep than a guy that can play 9 octaves over 4 strings in lessd than a second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:24 pm

To be perfectly honest, I'm sick of hearing people say that black metal muscians can't play their instruments.

You try and compose something similar to Deathspell Omega's latest works: you will fall flat on your face. Sure, the majority of black metal is more about the overall sound, atmosphere and attitude, but I think people underestimate just what goes into making something like Dead as Dreams or Om, and the technical ability of some of the players. The people behind these works are more like Mozart than anyone in classic rock or thrash can claim to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:17 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
To be perfectly honest, I'm sick of hearing people say that black metal muscians can't play their instruments.

You try and compose something similar to Deathspell Omega's latest works: you will fall flat on your face. Sure, the majority of black metal is more about the overall sound, atmosphere and attitude, but I think people underestimate just what goes into making something like Dead as Dreams or Om, and the technical ability of some of the players. The people behind these works are more like Mozart than anyone in classic rock or thrash can claim to be.
I call bullshit ! If you beleave what you wrote you need to walk away ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:28 pm

And your knowledge of black metal music, of the mentioned albums and bands goes how far? I'm calling foul on your call of bullshit.

Don't wanna fight you hate, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I ain't backing down either lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDnwd9GLhe0

Far more complex than any thrash song I know. The intricacies in this song must have taken an age to put together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
And your knowledge of black metal music, of the mentioned albums and bands goes how far? I'm calling foul on your call of bullshit.

Don't wanna fight you hate, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I ain't backing down either lol!

Far more complex than any thrash song I know. The intricacies in this song must have taken an age to put together.
Sounds like a good death metal band .. Great drums , Guitars are good , The keys kill me , The vox is better than most other black metal songs , But its not ground breaking , Its good till the break down and the fog rolls in .. Its not bad but its not the best peice of music out there .. And no i dont want to fight with you Dies . My head is hurting from to much red ale , I had too much to drink last night after going 5 months without drinking , i had 7 red ales and my head feels like this bands kick drum sounds .. Boom Boom Boom Boom .. Thats not a knock on the drums ..
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10783
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Dies Irae wrote:

Well you could dig down to some obscure tech thrash band but that's too much effort.

I say you just need to be competent enough to be able to play your ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Kur
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1605
Hedonistic Glory : 4738
Joined In : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:02 pm

slayer sucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hatrednation.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Lord Kur wrote:
slayer sucks
And you would know ..
Back to top Go down
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 4898
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:45 pm

Lord Kur wrote:
slayer sucks

Obvious troll is obvious

oh and why the f*** would you not want to be good at your instrument. Me and 99% of other people would rather be able to sweep, shred and play fast, melodic solos than to be s00per atm0spher1c

Last edited by MarshallEMG on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:47 pm

"OMG SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE SLAYER!!!!!!!11111"

*rage*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Dammit PoS you just got to zero rep. At least enjoy the moment before going back into the negatives LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25348
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Deja vu

PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Can't help it. There's no filter between my brain and my keyboard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486629
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Dies Irae wrote:

Lots of black metal is very well-written and complex, actually. Take this, for example:

The best black metal, though, is the type where the mistakes add to the music.

Think of looking at a run-down building. It will affect you more than if you saw a brand new building. The run-down building is nothing more than a dangerous pile of scrap, yet it seems as if it is the "wise man," who is very ugly and old, but a witness of the past. It fills us with a sense of nostalgia.

Example:

Not very "black metal," but it fits the example of something where mistakes are obviously incorporated on purpose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Painted Blood   

Back to top Go down

World Painted Blood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2