Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Pick
Lord of the rings series
60%
 60% [ 9 ]
Gladiator
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Troy
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Kingdom of Heaven
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
The Odyssey
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
The Last Samurai
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Hero (Other Jet Li/Japenese movies)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Kill Bill
19%
 19% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25348
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:30 pm

LOTR for me just barely; please tell me if I've missed any. I want to see them all.

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:07 pm

LOTR all the way, it has a bit of everything.
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10672
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm

LOTR , you know i love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:30 pm

same lol, i mean 300 was pretty good too.. but come on lotr
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10783
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Star Wars

The light sabers can be counted as swords damn it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

lol that's true but it wasnt on the options, then it would have been really hard
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11754
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Yeah Star Wars > LOTR but LOTR > MOST so yeah Starwars would have been the only thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:01 pm

I strategically didn't add star wars lol.
Man Lotr is tearing this shit up
I really liked the other movies, but 3 Lotr's are too strong to beat

link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10450
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:56 pm

LORD OF THE MOTHER f***ing RINGS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9787
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Going for LOTR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:24 am

Labyrinth. Whats funny is that I'm actually serious. This and Dark Crystal were my favourite movies growing up and we all know its hard to compete with nostalgia.

And while the LoTR rings films are good, I can't help but associate them with the overrated literary turd that spawned them. To this day I don't understand how I made it trough reading it without killing myself, and I'm a fan of the fantasy novel.

Therefore, of the ones listed, 300.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:37 pm

What is the greatest sword fighting movie? KILL BILL ! DAMN why cant you see , Must i send" Beatrix Kiddo / The Bride ("Black Mamba") " To each one of your homes to tell you how good kill bill is ??
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11386
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:42 pm

I have to go with LotR. I f***ing loved those films when I was but I lad... well, younger than now anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:41 pm

I can't believe Lord of the rings actually won this I watched the first 20 minutes of the movie and fell asleep, it's just so damn boring. Anyway voted for Kill Bill
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5512
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:43 pm

The first movie's kinda the set up to everything. The other two have more action.

Kill Bill's awesome, but I wouldn't put it in this genre. It's a kung-fu movie really, with swords. The rest are large-scale war movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Shin wrote:
I can't believe Lord of the rings actually won this I watched the first 20 minutes of the movie and fell asleep, it's just so damn boring. Anyway voted for Kill Bill

Boring? why is it boring tho'?
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16051
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:20 pm

I picked kill bill, but now I wish I would have picked LOTR. It's so good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:25 pm

Yeah Kill Bill was randomly added, but its sword scene is worthy

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:11 pm

AeldraAvitus wrote:
Shin wrote:

I just don't get it.... Everyone always talks about the movie being so awesome and when I watched it I just found it confusing... There's an old man dying in the start then eventually I just......... Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11386
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Shin wrote:
AeldraAvitus wrote:
Shin wrote:

I just don't get it.... Everyone always talks about the movie being so awesome and when I watched it I just found it confusing... There's an old man dying in the start then eventually I just......... Sleep Sleep
I love every one of them. Trust me, when it gets going, it gets a lot more exciting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Shin wrote:
AeldraAvitus wrote:
Shin wrote:

Do you like literature? maybe if you start by reading the books you'll find it quite more interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:30 pm

AeldraAvitus wrote:
Shin wrote:
AeldraAvitus wrote:
Shin wrote:

Do you like literature? maybe if you start by reading the books you'll find it quite more interesting.

That'll just make things worse: the books are awful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Are you serious?
Back to top Go down
Kriov
Pure Class

Number of posts : 730
Hedonistic Glory : 3620
Joined In : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 pm

man thats a hard list, i love all those movies..

gotta go with 300, the last samurai, and the gladiator..

although WTF no braveheart?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scandinavianaggression.com

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:53 am

AeldraAvitus wrote:
Are you serious?

Yes. Why wouldn't I be? Tolkien is bad.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:32 am

I saw this post on cracked
This guy said he was 50 and he read all the of the LOTR books every year since he was 15

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:36 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
AeldraAvitus wrote:
Are you serious?

Yes. Why wouldn't I be? Tolkien is bad.

I don't think he's bad at all. Actually I think he's great.
Back to top Go down
Kriov
Pure Class

Number of posts : 730
Hedonistic Glory : 3620
Joined In : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:39 pm

i read them all once, doubt i will do it again.

enjoyed them though Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scandinavianaggression.com

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Anybody who claims to have enjoyed reading The Silmarillion is lying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

I did, and I'm not lying
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6677
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:36 am

FUcking Lord of the rings man, I like the Last Samurai, theres just to much crap in the Lord of the Rings, flying dragons giant elephants, and Gandolf hahaha, I like the last samurai because I borrowed it from my friend and have yet to return it nor have I seen it yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:53 am

Sounds pretty legit to me

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?   

Back to top Go down

What is the greatest mythological/fantasy/sword based movie?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1