Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Penn & Teller: Bullshit!   Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:56 pm

Ever Seen it? 'cause I love it lol.

Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, rendered Penn & Teller: B.S.!, Bullsh*t!, Bulls***! or Bull! for advertisements, is an American documentary television series that has been on the air since 2003 on the premium cable channel Showtime on Thursday nights at 10 pm ET. In Canada, the series airs on The Movie Network and Movie Central. It is hosted by professional magicians/comedians Penn & Teller. Many episodes aim to debunk pseudoscientific ideas, supernatural beliefs, popular fads and misconceptions, and often from a libertarian point of view, the political philosophy espoused by both Penn and Teller. The show criticizes proponents of what they perceive as nonsense and dishonesty bullshit often citing ulterior political or financial motives. The stated aim of the show is to apply critical thinking to misconceptions. As is indicated by the show's title, the program adheres to Penn & Teller's characteristically blunt, aggressive presentation.

Supernatural subjects of episodes include alien abduction, alternative medicine, the Bible, and ESP; other episodes cover social issues such as the War on Drugs, organic food, animal rights, gun control, and environmentalism. Penn & Teller approach the topics in the manner of Harry Houdini and James Randi (who has appeared more than once on the show), who are known for debunking claims of supernatural powers.

http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/home.do

Watch it online here:

http://tv.blinkx.com/show/penn-teller-bullshit/tTc3JFxEbWj7Xr8_7NxPlj9m2PE#s1
Back to top Go down
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3708
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Penn & Teller: Bullshit!   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:37 pm

I love this show also! I have watched most of the episodes online, they are friggin hilarious and often very, very right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10720
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Penn & Teller: Bullshit!   Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:48 pm

I've seen a few episodes before and I think it's pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penn & Teller: Bullshit!   

Back to top Go down

Penn & Teller: Bullshit!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1