Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What is your favorite quote? And why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11330
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
Dark94Flame wrote:
"An eye for an eye and soon the whole world is blind." - Muhatma Ghandi

I hate "an eye for an eye". I believe in "two eyes for an eye"
I have to say I'm not a philosophical person, but when I heard that, it struck me as being a really smart quote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14873
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:
Dark94Flame wrote:

I have to say I'm not a philosophical person, but when I heard that, it struck me as being a really smart quote.
no, think about it, both are retarded/.

eye for an eye is stupid.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15995
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:34 pm

brutality, thynameismetal wrote:
Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:
Dark94Flame wrote:

no, think about it, both are retarded/.

eye for an eye is stupid.

I am a forgiving person, but if someone wrongs me and feels no regret or remorse, then I will get back at that person

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:36 pm

im not even going to argue with that. s

so childish
and you know i dont hate you axe...but come on....dont be a woman

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Everyone believes that, its human nature. can you honestly say that you have never gotten back at anyone?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
Everyone believes that, its human nature. can you honestly say that you have never gotten back at anyone?
Yeah, but there are times when it's a hell of a lot better just to let it go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
you are confusing "believe" with "know". and yes, i have gotten back at people, but i later regret it and wished i had taken the high road.
being petty should never be ok when you say "oh, they did it to me"

Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:
see, 16 and already enlightened.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

But of course, I'm not saying ALL the time. But I think it's important to teach people a lesson if they feel no remorse. Like if someone steals something from you, maybe if they had something important stolen they would understand. Idk people usually want forgiveness and I always grant it, so it's not like I have to worry about it

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:58 am

Axeforhire wrote:
Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

But of course, I'm not saying ALL the time. But I think it's important to teach people a lesson if they feel no remorse. Like if someone steals something from you, maybe if they had something important stolen they would understand. Idk people usually want forgiveness and I always grant it, so it's not like I have to worry about it

whos job is it to teach people a lesson? how "holier than thou" is that
yes, we need punishment. but i dont think it can be classified as "eye for an eye..."

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Scarstruck
A Good Fellow

Number of posts : 98
Hedonistic Glory : 2935
Joined In : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 am

"What doesnt kill you, only makes you stronger"

and

"I'll drink to that!"

I live my life by them, well not really, i just see myself saying them alot haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 am

Axeforhire wrote:
Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

yes, we need punishment. but i dont think it can be classified as "eye for an eye..."
eye for an eye keeps people in line . If you kill my dog and get away with it you learn nothing , but if you kill my dog and i beat your ass and kill your dog you will know better next time .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:23 am

"despite the look on my face you're still talking"
styx. end of august 2006. to a few neonazi bastards... damn that was a good fight
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:27 pm

hateyou1st wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:
Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

eye for an eye keeps people in line . If you kill my dog and get away with it you learn nothing , but if you kill my dog and i beat your ass and kill your dog you will know better next time .
but what if that person is s a damaged person and doesnt learn from getting HIS dog killed. plus, eye for an eye would only involve you killing his dog and nothing else.
at any rate, that person might not learn and then would do something horrible back at you. people like this need to be punished. i dont know the proper way of doing it, but i know that killing his dog isnt the right way to go about things. sure if it happened to me, i would really want to kill the dude or beat up a loved possession of his, but you know deep down that it is not the right answer. and if you dont know that, than you are as damaged as the dog killer

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 pm

hateyou1st wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:
Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

but what if that person is s a damaged person and doesnt learn from getting HIS dog killed. plus, eye for an eye would only involve you killing his dog and nothing else.
at any rate, that person might not learn and then would do something horrible back at you. people like this need to be punished. i dont know the proper way of doing it, but i know that killing his dog isnt the right way to go about things. sure if it happened to me, i would really want to kill the dude or beat up a loved possession of his, but you know deep down that it is not the right answer. and if you dont know that, than you are as damaged as the dog killer

two eyes for an eye, I think he was agreeing with me. But I would never harm an innocent animal, if someone killed my dog I would probably kill them. Or give them a nice firm ass kicking, plus vandalize their automobile or home. And it's not my job, but I guarantee that if you fuck with me, I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger... ugh sorry, just a little Jules moment. But, ff you kill my dog, you will be sorry. That's really the moral of all this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:56 pm

*facepalm

poor poor gahndi. poor poor mother teresa
their work died in vain

axe, you are a religious man, dont you think god will take care of the sinners? if religion is so peachy-keen, why do you feel that it is your job to deal out punishment that you see fit. so elitist and wrong

is anybody on my side on this one? anybody?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10727
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:00 pm

lol dis topik if funey

Another one of my favorites is from Hellhammer (the band) - "Only death is real"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:06 pm

*facepalm

poor poor gahndi. poor poor mother teresa
their work died in vain

axe, you are a religious man, dont you think god will take care of the sinners? if religion is so peachy-keen, why do you feel that it is your job to deal out punishment that you see fit. so elitist and wrong

is anybody on my side on this one? anybody?

If God doesn't like what I do then I will burn eternally in a lake of fire.

I'm not just going to shake your hand if you kill my dog. I'm going to beat the shit out of you, and hopefully that prevents you from going on a dog killing spree.

I don't care if you agree, that's the way it is.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:13 pm

eye for an eye makes the world blind...

so you are willing to chance eternal damnation and hellfire for something petty like revenge?
that should be one of the deadly sins....revenge

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Whatevs

Let me give you a nice firm sacktap and see if you return the favor

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:22 pm

you do that ill kill your dog, then beat you up, then rape your family

just playing by your rules

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:32 pm

you do that ill kill your dog, then beat you up, then rape your family

just playing by your rules

An ample payback for a sacktap would be a sacktap and a purple nurple. Fool.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:39 pm

right, but of course
then what do you do to get back at me for the purple nurple?
swirly? noogie?
see, it keeps escalating...

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Eventually I will just eat your young and pee on your mailbox.

you're missing the point. My comeback will prevent you from attempting any more sacktapping misdeeds.

See, when you achieve consciousness after I beat your ass (because you killed my dog), you are not supposed to counter my revenge. That's not how these things work.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:09 pm

lololol

HAIL SATAN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Axeforhire wrote:

you're missing the point. My comeback will prevent you from attempting any more sacktapping misdeeds.

See, when you achieve consciousness after I beat your ass (because you killed my dog), you are not supposed to counter my revenge. That's not how these things work.
but what if i deem your punishment too severe and decide to counter your punishment by attacking you even worse. what if i belong in that part of the pouplation that thinks its ok to beat people up? i dont think you "teaching me a lesson" is good and i decide to take it way out of proportion and do something drastic.

let stuff go. dont be macho. i cant beleive you cant see this
Taxer666 wrote:
lololol

HAIL SATAN
fuck off taxer

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 4842
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Axe i got your back on this one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Axeforhire wrote:

but what if i deem your punishment too severe and decide to counter your punishment by attacking you even worse. what if i belong in that part of the pouplation that thinks its ok to beat people up? i dont think you "teaching me a lesson" is good and i decide to take it way out of proportion and do something drastic.

Taxer666 wrote:
lololol

HAIL SATAN
fuck off taxer

I let things go alot, like pointless arguments and other little things. But if it's something like killing my dog (fantastic example) or destroying my zune, then you will face some consequences. Some things are just bellow the belt and require punishment by the victim.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Axeforhire wrote:

Taxer666 wrote:
lololol

HAIL SATAN
fuck off taxer

What? It's true. LaVeyan Satanism follows the whole "eye for an eye" thing. They also believe that you should only show love and compassion to those who deserve it. I brought it up because that's the whole attitude I'm getting from this discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9731
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:17 am

I don't focus anger on people so of course I'm not much one for revenge.

To call revenge practical, I believe, only tells half the story. The truth is revenge is /sometimes/ practical. It just depends on the situation. And in those cases that revenge is useful, one still needs to determine how to carry it out, to what degree, etc.

Then there is revenge to relieve one's anger. I can see this as being useful if one really can't find an alternative.

Then, finally, there is "moral revenge" or retribution. This is the idea that one "ought" to avenge (insert x). This I don't recognize (somewhat of a moral nihilist). The only "ought" that exists in nature is the ought that exists in one's own heart, so to speak.

I empathize with everyone's views here, but personally I'm not big on revenge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25292
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:26 am

"Well have all of our rotten eggs in one basket. Our mission....blow up the basket."

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
you are confusing "believe" with "know". and yes, i have gotten back at people, but i later regret it and wished i had taken the high road.

Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:
15 actually... Razz

And, Axe, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not very religous, but doesn't The New Testament discourage the "eye for an eye" concept? I agree that if someone wrongs me, I'm not gonna be their best friend the next day, but I wouldn't personally seek out revenge. That would make me as bad as them, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Dark94Flame wrote:

And, Axe, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not very religous, but doesn't The New Testament discourage the "eye for an eye" concept? I agree that if someone wrongs me, I'm not gonna be their best friend the next day, but I wouldn't personally seek out revenge. That would make me as bad as them, wouldn't it?

you get one of my very rare +reps

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Dark94Flame wrote:

you get one of my very rare +reps
Thanks, this is one of the rare moments people actually know what I'm talking about LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:

Dark94Flame wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:
15 actually... Razz

You beat me with scripture, but I win with reality. If you kill my dog I will eat your baby :twisted:

And you got plus rep for siding with brute, nice job : )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9731
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Be careful what you say Axe...there might be a lot of people out there trying to kill your dog now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Be careful what you say Axe...there might be a lot of people out there trying to kill your dog now.
shut up fool you'll blow my cover

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 pm

If you havent noticed, I love animals lol

I completely get what you guys are saying. I think its important to always be the bigger man, but sometimes I think its good to defend yourself with revenge. Not really revenge, but like if you kill my dog, I will beat you. If you hit me, I will beat you. If I catch you stealing from me, I will beat you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Violence is always the answer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11698
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:07 am

Taxer666 wrote:

No Tax violence is most definitely not the answer... it is however a much more enjoyable alternative =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:30 am

blackstar wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

No Tax violence is most definitely not the answer... it is however a much more enjoyable alternative =D

now that i can agree with

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:01 pm

"Yes, because Obi Wan Kenobi is like god. But with better weapons".
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25292
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:09 pm

"I haven't cried like that since Titanic"

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 pm

blackstar wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

now that i can agree with
Glad to we can all agree in the end LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite quote? And why?   

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite quote? And why?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2