Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What Are You Playing Just Now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9845
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Resistance 1 is pretty fun. I'm still not a hardcore fan of the fps/3ps genres, but at least they can be enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR
Ninja Viking Lord of the Pit of Despair and Stuff

Number of posts : 7797
Hedonistic Glory : 11228
Joined In : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:59 pm

might start up ratchet and clank up your arsenal again haha... i fucking love that game

View user profile http://myspace.com/halloflor
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6735
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Sonic Generations
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11444
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Revelations multiplayer. Despite being fairly disappointed in the single player, the multiplayer is pretty phenomenal. It improves upon everything Brotherhood did and adds a shit ton of new game modes and other stuff (seriously,Corruption ie. zombie mode. I know, I never thought it would work either). Very impressed. This will keep me amused until I decide to jump back into Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25406
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:44 am

Almost done the first Kingdom Hearts for the first time
Holy christ some of those final bosses are HARD

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:18 pm

I never played the original Kingdom Hearts but I remember the second one being very good. Never played it for ages cos I was like "Final Fantasy and Disney?? Pfft! LULZ Whut a stupid idea!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:18 am

I am getting my ass handed to me by some of these bosses, its pretty bullshit. The game is really dragging out the ending for hours of hard bosses lol.

Its really good

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Played the Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning demo and I was actually really surprised by how good it was. I wasn't particularly interested in it, but now I'm quite considering getting it.

Also I pre ordered Mass Effect 3 today. YEH BOI.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Bought kingdom hearts 2 off some kid on kijji doesnt work
Got ripped again

VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Axe wrote:
N... n.... not... not much.... metal?!

Yeah. I've been listening mainly to classic heavy metal and hard rock, as far as metal etc. goes. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, some King Diamond, Megadeth, and some others like Dio etc. Venom. A little death metal...Origin and Gorgasm, and that's basically all. A little black metal...Anaal Nathrakh, Sigh, Cradle of Filth...and that's basically all. I haven't listened to any power metal for a while, but I might listen to Wintersun and Children of Bodom some time...maybe. Well...Iced Earth too. Dark Tranquility and Amon Amarth for melodic death metal. There might be one or two things I'm forgetting, but yeah. I don't care really. I stopped listening to most of the music I listened to in the past 3 years, because it just brings back inferior memories or moods. Ulver and Bal-Sagoth included. Some bands get the nod because I listened to them a lot earlier, like Dark Tranquility. Others get the nod because I pretty much never listened to them, like Origin. On top of not listening to virtually anything I've listened to a lot in the past 3 years, I also just generally prefer more variety now. I thought about finding new metal bands and listening to those, but really it's going to be hard to find something that's truly different from all the other things I've already heard and don't wish to listen to again. And I haven't gotten tired of the tried and true which I already know I like. And I don't like darker stuff that often any more. And I do like various other genres of music, so it's not like I don't have options.

LOR wrote:
VR....i thought you were a respectable magic player....yugioh?..... im pretty dissapoint.

I'm a weak MTG player. When I started playing MTG I had the wrong approach, because I focused too much on prices. Had I ignored prices then I would have developed a better understanding of tournament decks, and then when I focused on prices I'd know what I was doing more. A long time ago I played Yugioh online, and I never focused on price. So I'm better at it than I am at MTG, but I like MTG more. I just got into Yugioh recently because of a sudden interest in the theatrics. I plan to get back into MTG at some point, and then do it right the second time around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Axe wrote:
N... n.... not... not much.... metal?!

Yeah. I've been listening mainly to classic heavy metal and hard rock, as far as metal etc. goes. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, some King Diamond, Megadeth, and some others like Dio etc. Venom. A little death metal...Origin and Gorgasm, and that's basically all. A little black metal...Anaal Nathrakh, Sigh, Cradle of Filth...and that's basically all. I haven't listened to any power metal for a while, but I might listen to Wintersun and Children of Bodom some time...maybe. Well...Iced Earth too. Dark Tranquility and Amon Amarth for melodic death metal. There might be one or two things I'm forgetting, but yeah. I don't care really. I stopped listening to most of the music I listened to in the past 3 years, because it just brings back inferior memories or moods. Ulver and Bal-Sagoth included. Some bands get the nod because I listened to them a lot earlier, like Dark Tranquility. Others get the nod because I pretty much never listened to them, like Origin. On top of not listening to virtually anything I've listened to a lot in the past 3 years, I also just generally prefer more variety now. I thought about finding new metal bands and listening to those, but really it's going to be hard to find something that's truly different from all the other things I've already heard and don't wish to listen to again. And I haven't gotten tired of the tried and true which I already know I like. And I don't like darker stuff that often any more. And I do like various other genres of music, so it's not like I don't have options.

LOR wrote:
VR....i thought you were a respectable magic player....yugioh?..... im pretty dissapoint.

I'm a weak MTG player. When I started playing MTG I had the wrong approach, because I focused too much on prices. Had I ignored prices then I would have developed a better understanding of tournament decks, and then when I focused on prices I'd know what I was doing more. A long time ago I played Yugioh online, and I never focused on price. So I'm better at it than I am at MTG, but I like MTG more. I just got into Yugioh recently because of a sudden interest in the theatrics. I plan to get back into MTG at some point, and then do it right the second time around.

on the metal portion: i actually understand the flashback of unwanted emotions and memories as i associate alot of bands to that unfrotunately. one thing i realized though is that it goes away if you ignore it long enough. then one day youll hear the band you thought you never wanted to listen to again and say "why the fuck did i stop listening to them??!?!" at least thats in my experience. the bands i never stop listening to though are the ones i started listening to when i was happiest i think

on the mtg portion: im the reverse of you i think with the prices thing. because i have like no money, my whole thing was trying to find the best budget stratgey i could find. took alot of trial and error but i find it more fun because its a challenge and it costs less. plus, it avoids netdecking and you can come up with something truly original. i have a deck (never entered into a tournament when it was legal, i still probably would have lost) but it does AWESOME against casual matched with my friends. the whole deck probably costs like 20-40 dollars total. we should get on mtg workstation thing sometime if you wanna try out some deck ideas

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10841
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:38 pm

is that a new look tax?

VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Yeah, I agree Lor.

About MTG, that's what I mean by focusing on prices. I always try to find good budget decks, but then sometimes I ignore the expensive decks too much because of it. So when I make a budget deck, I'm not aware of how good it will be against a tournament deck. I remember one time I made this cool budget deck and I was trading blows with this really expensive Baneslayer Angel deck, and it was awesome. Still, I realized that with a few changes I could have made the deck stronger against his deck. I didn't really know what it was like to face a Baneslayer Angel deck.

It does make the game way more challenging though. I agree. And you have to memorize prices on top of everything else, which is an extra hassle. So when you build a deck you're always trying to figure out how to make it work, but then you'll think like, "Damn, this would be perfect, but I can't use it...is there something else that would work? Do I have to just change my whole strategy instead? Maybe this strategy isn't worthwhile any more." Maybe it's not that exciting, but my strongest deck was a balanced goblin deck.

I'm thinking about maybe giving the Peasant deck format a try, or something. Or just do the usual.

Last edited by VacuousReality on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:41 pm

my favorite thing to go for, is self-saccing or graveyard based stuff. the cards arent too expensive usually and usually its not something every deck is prepared for

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 pm

I started playing Yu-Gi-Oh with Keggerz as well. Sounded like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 am

That sounds like it could be fun. I think my favorite kinds of decks are the ones that have a lot of field control. Goblins aren't like that. They just win. I also like winning, so that's why I made the goblin deck. Decks with strong field presence are a lot of fun though. I just scanned the prices of some cards that are legal now. I'm thinking I might try to make a commons/uncommons only deck. Some rares are cheap, but I have a psychological need for stricter rules on what is allowable and what isn't. And common/uncommons only achieves that + the budget concern. I don't like commons only because for it to be interesting you have to use banned cards. Otherwise your card pool is really small, but I don't want to use banned cards. Commons+uncommons gives a larger card pool. Without the rares it's still a little small though, idk.

Taxer, Clown Control > you.

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=88230

(so you can see it again)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 am

i like decks with field control alot too. green is one of my favorite colors to play. problem is there always seems to be alot of control in standard which really limits it i think. day of judgment is like a giant fuck you

VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 am

Hell yeah. Field control is awesome. I just love the old battle tactics feel. I don't find games that are all speed and flash enjoyable. Or maybe I do, but they aren't as enjoyable. That's why I kind of like Magic more than Yugioh. It has more tactics I think. Yugioh is too fast. And Magic involves more calculation in the battles. Sometimes it's your combat phase and you don't know where to begin. That's fun though.

Green is a great color for budget, but control does hurt it. One thing I try to do sometimes is construct a sideboard for a green deck which will allow it to beat aggro decks with almost complete certainty, and then the main deck is designed to be as powerful as possible. Or something...I don't know. Day of Judgment sucks (to face). Green has problems against control by its nature. Your best bet is to build a really strong mid-paced aggro deck I think. I once saw a budget monogreen deck come in 1st place at a large tournament. I was amazed by it. I mean...it was like a $100 deck or something, but a lot of the cost could be cut down without hurting the deck too much. The deck was just balanced and beautiful. It inspired me. And it had some answers for blue. It had some cards with island walk that could get out early. I think that probably contributed a lot to its success.

I'm not sure how a mid-paced aggro green deck could beat an expensive mid-paced white deck though. It's not easy, but it might be possible with the right balance between the main deck and side deck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 am

I think I'm going to read one of the MTG books. I hear they are really good. I have a hard time reading in bulk because of a lazy eye but it'll be worth a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 am

Psychonauts again, what a game this is boys

ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10730
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:11 am

Mw3
Nartuo Ultimate ninja storm 2

i want skyrim so bad but F3 again shall do it for now
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Hell yeah. Field control is awesome. I just love the old battle tactics feel. I don't find games that are all speed and flash enjoyable. Or maybe I do, but they aren't as enjoyable. That's why I kind of like Magic more than Yugioh. It has more tactics I think. Yugioh is too fast. And Magic involves more calculation in the battles. Sometimes it's your combat phase and you don't know where to begin. That's fun though.

Green is a great color for budget, but control does hurt it. One thing I try to do sometimes is construct a sideboard for a green deck which will allow it to beat aggro decks with almost complete certainty, and then the main deck is designed to be as powerful as possible. Or something...I don't know. Day of Judgment sucks (to face). Green has problems against control by its nature. Your best bet is to build a really strong mid-paced aggro deck I think. I once saw a budget monogreen deck come in 1st place at a large tournament. I was amazed by it. I mean...it was like a $100 deck or something, but a lot of the cost could be cut down without hurting the deck too much. The deck was just balanced and beautiful. It inspired me. And it had some answers for blue. It had some cards with island walk that could get out early. I think that probably contributed a lot to its success.

I'm not sure how a mid-paced aggro green deck could beat an expensive mid-paced white deck though. It's not easy, but it might be possible with the right balance between the main deck and side deck.

i actually LOVE fast playing decks, as long as they still have a mid and late game (where lies the problem in budget builds, cards that are useful the whole game, and the ones that give card advantage are the ones that are the most expensive unfortunately). i have a huge soft spot for green but can never get it competitive. i just mana ramping anf throwing shit out fast. the problem is anything awesome i can conjure can always be easily removed Razz. i think standard should always have a vexing shusher kind of card to balance out the colors a bit more. green seems always to be the hardest color to play.

VacuousReality wrote:
I think I'm going to read one of the MTG books. I hear they are really good. I have a hard time reading in bulk because of a lazy eye but it'll be worth a try.

my friends used to read the books. from what i gather from the flavor texts in the cards, the storyline just seems epic as all fucking hell. i might actually start reading them at the risk of getting nerdier than i already am.

VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 pm

A risk worth taking. I'd probably already be reading a bunch of it was easier. I think I'm missing out a lot by not reading any novels. I'm not entirely sure what kinds of stuff I'd like to read, but this seems like something that would appeal to my interests. Or I could re-read /The Great Gatsby/.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:26 pm

the great gatsby was a dry boring book Razz

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Gatsby's a dirty schlong.

But yeah. I'm playing Skyrim again. Dark Brotherhood questline is so sweet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:37 am

The GG is one of the worst books I ever had the misfortune of reading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:15 am

This card makes me want to make a green deck. Maybe green mixed with something else, like white or something.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Young%20Wolf&sn=Dark%20Ascension

It's solid aggro. It could help defend or bring on some pressure right at the start of a game. I can easily see a deck using this card.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/magic_single_card.asp?cn=Ambush%20Viper&sn=Innistrad

Some nice green removal. Green cards always rock for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 pm

thats why i like green, it just has really fast efficient cards. thats fun to me. go for it

and i agree with taxer

VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 pm

The werewolf archetype looks really fun to play. I don't know...there are a lot of possibilities. I'm just doing commons/uncommons only, so my standards are a bit lower. It feels better.

Do you use apprentice + hamachi? I'd totally be down to play with you if you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:35 pm

the hate playing obvious archetypes, which is why i avoided werewolfs. i use magic workstation sometimes. whats apprentice+hamachi?

VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:45 am

Apprentice is just an online application for MTG. I think Magic Workshop might work too though. Hamachi let's us connect with each other so we can game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LOR

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:23 pm

never heard of it, ill do whatever though as long as its not too complicated to learn

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Mass Effect 3 demo is INTENSE. Gonna go play through ME2 again to get myself in the mood for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Mass Effect 3 demo is INTENSE. Gonna go play through ME2 again to get myself in the mood for it.

Play Vanguard, win, profit: no intensity at all. My hopes for this game have dwindled drastically over the last couple of months.

Anyways, I'm playing the DotA 2 beta.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Vanguard is like my favourite class. Nothing beats a biotic charge coupled with a Krogan shotgun to the face. Yeah, my excitement of the demo has dwindled a little after playing it a little more I must admit, but I think it's mostly down to it being a slightly shitty demo. It doesn't really show off the diversity of the games. The first part's a little sloggy and consists purely of shooting things up with very little tactical value. The second part's a little better, but I felt overwhelmed suddenly having all these abilities (something I'll be eased into in the final game), plus I discovered that your weapon set up doesn't change based on your class. I'm sure this is just for the demo though and they'll change it for the final game (I mean, an Ilfiltrator without a sniper rifle? Come oooon...). Plus, the story elements and dialogue choices weren't very in depth, which again I think they'll change for the final game.

Aside from that I'm not sure how you can be skeptical. The trailers I've seen and interviews I've read have done nothing but get me incredibly hyped up about it. I wouldn't worry. I'll admit I was skeptical for ME2 before it came out. Then I played it and realised how amazing it actually was.

Oh yeah, and the multiplayer's pretty cool. Nothing groundbreaking but I had fun with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Playing Just Now?   

Back to top Go down

What Are You Playing Just Now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18