Tip of the Hat


 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 No Respect

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:05 am

Well all talk about how great people in music are ( Yngwie Malmsteen , Eddie van halen , Ozzy ,Dio ect ) But what about the great players that get no respect ? Well this is the place for it ..Tell us who they are and what they play , Post a link / video so we can check this person out ,

Phil Rudd - Drums ( AC/DC )

Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5569
Reputation : 43
Joined In : 2009-03-11
Age : 30
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:45 am

Zep's John Bonham (drums) and John Paul Jones (bass) tend to get overshadowed by Page. But holy fuck, what a rhythm section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocknrollchair
Natural Born Headbanger
avatar

Number of posts : 643
Hedonistic Glory : 3649
Reputation : 15
Joined In : 2009-12-10
Age : 51
Location : Deep Down

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:51 am

Thats right POS ,...i love Led Zep so.....+REP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5569
Reputation : 43
Joined In : 2009-03-11
Age : 30
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 am

I remember when I figured out the whole Heartbreaker solo back in high school... I was so the shit...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:13 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
I remember when I figured out the whole Heartbreaker solo back in high school... I was so the shit...
John Bonham Did shit on a kit thats so hard to do even today . I was never a zep fan cause of plant and page but John Paul Jones and Bonham were great , Kind of like Keith Moon and John Entwistle from the who.
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5569
Reputation : 43
Joined In : 2009-03-11
Age : 30
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 am

Yea a lot of people can't get into Zep. I just can't resist blues/rock I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:30 am

This is a little list of all the" No Respect " players that come to my mind ..

Phil Rudd - drums - ac/dc
John Entwistle - bass - the who
Geddy Lee - bass / vocals - rush
Alex Lifeson - guitar - rush
Malcolm Young - Guitar - ac/dc
Paul Bostaph - drums - Slayer, Forbidden, Testament, Exodus, Systematic
Michale Grave - Vocals - Misfits
K. K. Downing - guitar - Judas Priest
Glenn Tipton - guitar - Judas Priest
Geezer Butler - Bass - Black sabbath , GZR , Ozzy
Bill Ward - Drums - Mythology, Black Sabbath
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:31 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Yea a lot of people can't get into Zep. I just can't resist blues/rock I guess.
AMEN !
Back to top Go down
rocknrollchair
Natural Born Headbanger
avatar

Number of posts : 643
Hedonistic Glory : 3649
Reputation : 15
Joined In : 2009-12-10
Age : 51
Location : Deep Down

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:42 am

Bonhams drums sounds so modeern til todaya,i┤m shure he influenced a lot metal drummers....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocknrollchair
Natural Born Headbanger
avatar

Number of posts : 643
Hedonistic Glory : 3649
Reputation : 15
Joined In : 2009-12-10
Age : 51
Location : Deep Down

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:44 am

POS,look if ya talk with us old guys,ya can get easaly rep,hahahahah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:05 am

Both of us gave POS a + rep . Us old guys pass em out lol
Back to top Go down
rocknrollchair
Natural Born Headbanger
avatar

Number of posts : 643
Hedonistic Glory : 3649
Reputation : 15
Joined In : 2009-12-10
Age : 51
Location : Deep Down

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:33 am

Craig Christian + Eric Peterson from Testament
Eric is still one of my fave git player,not cause hes skills,cause his sound+songwriting,awesome,and hes a sympatic guy! i n my 20┤s my dream is to play like him,i buy the same equipment like him,cause i thought,i will easer play like him ! I was a little fool,cos later i see i have not enough talent,but this experiance cost me over 10.000 deutsch mark,hahahahahaha.cos he lives in the shadow of Alex Skolnik over the years,i show him lots of respect...(everywhere: testament=skolnik,nonono testament=Peterson!!!)
craig was an awesome bass player in the thrash scene of the 80┤s,where most of the players had not good skills like today, ,but after cliff burtons death,theres no place in the thrashmetal fan heart for other bass players,(listen to "Souls of Black" intro),so i show him respect too

i choose "let go of my own world",cause its not so famous and a good example for testament┤s songwriting and awesome live performance.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25405
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:02 am

Serj Tankian

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skaven
A Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 380
Hedonistic Glory : 3624
Reputation : 7
Joined In : 2009-03-11
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Paradise Lost's Greg Mackintosh is a very overlooked and underrated lead guitarist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Jens Carlsson. He'll forever live in Hansi's shadow, even though he's the superior vocalist.

Franck Kobolt. Stunning guitarist, but you don't even know which band he's in, unless you use google.

Dave Murray. My favourite drummer. Extremely talented, never boring and again, you have no idea which bands he's in.

Brett Caldas-Lima. Mastermind behind Kalisia, enough said.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Nicko McBrain - drums - Iron Maiden
Back to top Go down
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 4955
Reputation : 33
Joined In : 2008-12-21
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Rhapsody of Fire- Fabio Lione (vocalist)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16108
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:48 pm

hateyou1st wrote:
This is a little list of all the" No Respect " players that come to my mind ..

Phil Rudd - drums - ac/dc
John Entwistle - bass - the who
Geddy Lee - bass / vocals - rush
Alex Lifeson - guitar - rush
Malcolm Young - Guitar - ac/dc
Paul Bostaph - drums - Slayer, Forbidden, Testament, Exodus, Systematic
Michale Grave - Vocals - Misfits
K. K. Downing - guitar - Judas Priest
Glenn Tipton - guitar - Judas Priest
Geezer Butler - Bass - Black sabbath , GZR , Ozzy
Bill Ward - Drums - Mythology, Black Sabbath

How does Entwistle, Lee, Lifeson, Downing, and Tipton get no respect? They are legends in my book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Axeforhire wrote:
hateyou1st wrote:
This is a little list of all the" No Respect " players that come to my mind ..

Phil Rudd - drums - ac/dc
John Entwistle - bass - the who
Geddy Lee - bass / vocals - rush
Alex Lifeson - guitar - rush
Malcolm Young - Guitar - ac/dc
Paul Bostaph - drums - Slayer, Forbidden, Testament, Exodus, Systematic
Michale Grave - Vocals - Misfits
K. K. Downing - guitar - Judas Priest
Glenn Tipton - guitar - Judas Priest
Geezer Butler - Bass - Black sabbath , GZR , Ozzy
Bill Ward - Drums - Mythology, Black Sabbath

How does Entwistle, Lee, Lifeson, Downing, and Tipton get no respect? They are legends in my book.
Your book and mine but not most others .
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
avatar

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16108
Reputation : 229
Joined In : 2009-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 pm

hateyou1st wrote:
Axeforhire wrote:
hateyou1st wrote:
This is a little list of all the" No Respect " players that come to my mind ..

Phil Rudd - drums - ac/dc
John Entwistle - bass - the who
Geddy Lee - bass / vocals - rush
Alex Lifeson - guitar - rush
Malcolm Young - Guitar - ac/dc
Paul Bostaph - drums - Slayer, Forbidden, Testament, Exodus, Systematic
Michale Grave - Vocals - Misfits
K. K. Downing - guitar - Judas Priest
Glenn Tipton - guitar - Judas Priest
Geezer Butler - Bass - Black sabbath , GZR , Ozzy
Bill Ward - Drums - Mythology, Black Sabbath

How does Entwistle, Lee, Lifeson, Downing, and Tipton get no respect? They are legends in my book.
Your book and mine but not most others .

Lifeson and Lee are enormously popular. Geddy is regarded as one of the best bass players in metal. Downing and Tipton get respect for popularizing metal and the two lead style. Entwistle needs more, I agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5569
Reputation : 43
Joined In : 2009-03-11
Age : 30
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Geddy Lee is way underrated... So many people hate on Rush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite
avatar

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11811
Reputation : 84
Joined In : 2009-03-10
Age : 26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:43 pm

Rush fucking rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
rocknrollchair
Natural Born Headbanger
avatar

Number of posts : 643
Hedonistic Glory : 3649
Reputation : 15
Joined In : 2009-12-10
Age : 51
Location : Deep Down

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:53 pm

RUSH IS FUCKIN BRILLANT........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25405
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:21 am

Dave Mustaine

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar
avatar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5569
Reputation : 43
Joined In : 2009-03-11
Age : 30
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:18 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Dave Mustaine

urdoinitrong...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25405
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Kirk Hammet

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic
avatar

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25405
Reputation : 302
Joined In : 2008-08-28
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Lars

_________________
From this moment forth, my thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman
avatar

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 4955
Reputation : 33
Joined In : 2008-12-21
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: No Respect   Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Jason Newsted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: No Respect   

Back to top Go down
 
No Respect
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Communist Morality
» Respect for the dead - Rochdale-style
» Summer is here : protect our environment !
» No Respect!
» No Respect for Mari Luz CortÚs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tip of the Hat :: Rarefied Refrains and Majestic Melodies-
Jump to: