Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25348
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:19 am

I gotta say as soon as I heard Funk Soul Brother again I remember how exicited I was to play my 1999 soccer game. I have never played a sports game in my life and that was so awesome. Also I heard Clint Eastwood by the Gorillas and I completely remember being extremely young, under ten and eating soup with my sister watching much music and talking about how weird the video was on a Saturday morning. Ever get crazy good memory like this when listening to old songs?

Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 826
Hedonistic Glory : 3409
Joined In : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:22 am

Whenever I hear Sandstorm I think about my friends that can beat box that song
it was weird cause one day they just started doing it in class and everyone listened
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:34 am

Thats pretty fast

Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:37 am

they can do that I gotta get threw this song too
its pretty cool when they do it but they don't much anymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:40 am

Even the end part?

Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:41 am

yep yep they're nasty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:47 am

Damn, they should youtube that ****

Ejaffin13
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:49 am

they won't do it we tried to get them too but they always have excuses...
p******...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14929
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:02 am

anytime i hear the album garage days by metallica, i think back to the days when i used to listen to the radio in my room

and that pubic enemy song "bring the noise" of whatever, brings me back to the THPS days....

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:40 am

unfortunately it does. so there are a couple of songs that i can't hear any more. actually there are 3 songs like that. one makes me recall a moment that made me realize the truth about me, one just makes me wanna hurl, and the third one - well call it what ever you want but i usually end up in some huge mess after hearing it.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:52 am

and you arent gonna tell us for fear that we are all evil bastards and will most likely "evil styx song"-roll you. or sth like that?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Secret secret, I have a secret

ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10672
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:16 pm

Uhmm..When i listen to:
"Spank that stinky 'hoe mudafucka nigga" ...It takes me back to the day i was born..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm

I don't even wanna bring up how many provoke certain things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:14 pm

well i know one song that gives shady the goose bumps probably
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:06 pm

This is a good topic ! I got a bad one for you , When i was in Baghdad ( after we bombed the **** out the place )Sgt wills and myself was looking for a place to set up when he pulled a diskman out . He asked me if i was a fan of metal ? After i told him i had been a slayer fan for years and years he said " check this out " . I put the head phones on and the song " watch the children pray " by the band " metal church "started to play just as our black birds go Screaming over head . I sat there with this song playing , The words were going through my mind because just 1 week ago children had been playing in the streets . I hoped i would make it home safe and that if i had to kill anymore people that it would be a just kill and not a sport kill . Sgt wills and i had been put together the night before and he told me about the long shot he had pulled off 2 weeks before , shooting at over a 1000 yards , Now thats a good shot in winds of iraq but it was the way he talked about it that made me sick . Shooting a man when kids are around just did not set well with me but it was our job ..I did get out of there and to this day i think about this song .I try not to play it because it has a way of taking me back to when time were bad but here you go ..Watch the children pray... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3d_E5ngil8
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:47 pm

great story

1000 feet is wayyyy hard.

metal church is awesome

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:39 pm

Great story hate
Thanks a lot for sharing
Listening to that song now

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:43 pm

brutality,thynameismetal wrote:
great story

1000 feet is wayyyy hard.

metal church is awesome
Yea its a hard shot .. Wind makes everything crazy but the round drops around 35 feet at 1000 yards ..Thats the U.S.M.C. m-101 .300 win mag .
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:45 pm

How long were you there for
Total respect for you soldier
It must be tough taking one for the team

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:45 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
Great story hate
Thanks a lot for sharing
Listening to that song now
Your welcome , I dont talk much about my years in, But its all about the music.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:47 pm

Heh, I remember the first time I heard of slayer was when I was probably 11 and Kerry King was featured in a Sum 41 song and I'm like whoa! Who is that crazy bald guy soloing?

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:50 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
How long were you there for
Total respect for you soldier
It must be tough taking one for the team
In the corp , 8 years . I was in Iraq for 3 of those years , And africa for about a year .. State side for the rest.. Thank you but im no longer a soldier , I did my part and now im just like everyone else .. But thank you very much .. GIVE TO TOYS FOR TOTS ..had to put that in lol
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:18 am

very respectable. i could never do that. to give so much for a cause you dont necessarily believe in is tremendous faith. enough on that subject

wow, the furthest i shot was 100 yards with a ar-15. hitting the 3 foot target was a challenge, to hit a target roughly the size of a baseball 10 times that distance is staggering. and yes, wind is a *****. i would like to try it one day, assuming im taking pot shots at a watermelon

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:40 am

very respectable. i could never do that. to give so much for a cause you dont necessarily believe in is tremendous faith. enough on that subject

wow, the furthest i shot was 100 yards with a ar-15. hitting the 3 foot target was a challenge, to hit a target roughly the size of a baseball 10 times that distance is staggering. and yes, wind is a *****. i would like to try it one day, assuming im taking pot shots at a watermelon
Come to the house brother .. We will go to the range and sling some lead . I have guns out the ass , I do have a colt ar 15 ( tac ) 2 ak 47s ( 1 ussr ) ( 1 china ) both fun to plink . I also have a m1 and a m101 . The m101 is the boss for long shots , The 300 win mag is a great round . ( bout a buck fifty each ) I also have alot of handguns .. Come up and we will spend the day jamming and shooting ..
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:42 am

i can live with that. wv is a long drive,,,,,

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:43 am

Well come when you can ... Im not going anywhere right now ..
Back to top Go down
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10672
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:54 am

Well...I have to...Do Mulitary Service next year...Yeah...It will be though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:59 am

mandatory service? how long do you serve?
and luckily, panama is not at war with anybody right now (to the best of my knowledge)

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:22 am

ImendiaBurzum wrote:
Well...I have to...Do Mulitary Service next year...Yeah...It will be though...
What branch ?
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:23 am

the panamanian branch.
jk jk
ill let him answer. but i think it is bedtime for me.....

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:26 am

Good luck ! One thing i could say is ..... Rember to dunk affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:13 am

yea some countries had mandatory military. here that was dropped a few years ago, but i still got my army id. looks like a damn' passport. and big letters - infantry
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:30 pm

dang. did you get trained? or just alot of paperwork?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:00 pm

physical exam, psychological exam and a ton of paper work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:23 am

physical exam, psychological exam and a ton of paper work is with all branchs , If you dont want go tell them your a racist and you can tell them you cant wait to kill..
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:45 am

like the "alices restaurant" song.
heard of it hateyou?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:25 am

hateyou1st wrote:
physical exam, psychological exam and a ton of paper work is with all branchs , If you dont want go tell them your a racist and you can tell them you cant wait to kill..

i said that i want to end up in Den Haag and nothing. a couple of friends said things like:
- i want to be papa smurph in the army (the one with the red hat)
- i want to check train tickets in tanks

and all were normal. well in case of a war i know where my ass is gonna end up. the first brigade - tigers. and because of my physical statue i may even end up in special forces. and i'm not too thrilled about that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:50 pm

like the "alices restaurant" song.
heard of it hateyou?
I dont think so .
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:15 pm

the song is one big story. i heard it 3 times straight on a car ride, so i hate it now, but it is funny if you haven't heard it before. it is long. just bear through it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8DtpdXZi0M&feature=related

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?   

Back to top Go down

Does Certain Music Bring Back Memories?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1