Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

death views and concepts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
allseeingeye
Top Lad

Number of posts : 102
Hedonistic Glory : 2990
Joined In : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:22 pm

i have 3 or 4 concepts of what happens after death #1 you go to "nirvana , heaven ......"
#2 you drift into nothingness as if you never existed #3 you go on to another world to live another life #4 you go into an eternal dream like state where you live out what you find pleasure in . feel free to post any view pro religion or anti religion or even add to the list ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10841
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:34 pm

1. Nothingness

2. Dream-like state

3. Whatever you believe happens is what happens
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Death is the end: you're nothing but worm food.
Back to top Go down
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
Death is the end: you're nothing but worm food.

haha i know your body is but what happens to the mind and your soul ? i think about it this way if you just become non existent when you die, what happens if you "medically die" on a operating table and they use the defibrillator and manage to bring you back , does that prove that you go somewhere after you die because if you just became non existent then you cant just bring someone back into existance . thats my view and can be argued as like everything religious or "after death " cannot be "proven".

another thing id like to throw out there is that when people medically die they claim to remeber images sounds lights and yet again in my opinion that proves to me that the mind goes on without the body

(all of the above are my views , are not intended to offend but to open a new way of thinking about the subject matter )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:56 pm

The defibrillator is used to stop irregular heart beats, not bring you back to life. There's other things too. Like you can trick your brain into remembering things that didn't happen. Or maybe it's just your body freaking out because you're dying and your brain starts doing weird shit. Idk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
The defibrillator is used to stop irregular heart beats, not bring you back to life. There's other things too. Like you can trick your brain into remembering things that didn't happen. Or maybe it's just your body freaking out because you're dying and your brain starts doing weird shit. Idk.
im not trying to be rude or anything but defibrillators are used also to start the heart after the muscle tissue has stopped functioning which does fall under the category of irregular heartbeats and cardiac failure (you can check it out on wikipedia or most medical dictionary's .
and good point about shock as once the body goes into shock you can start to hallucinate but it still doesn't explain how someone that is supposedly unconscious can hallucinate while dreaming anyway ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25406
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:08 pm

As long as I don't have to stand in purgatory and I have to choose a door, one is heaven and one is hell. And they are guarded by a guard each. One lies one doesn't. I have one question

I would be so pissed if I had to do that shit

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:13 pm

allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
im not trying to be rude or anything but defibrillators are used also to start the heart after the muscle tissue has stopped functioning which does fall under the category of irregular heartbeats and cardiac failure (you can check it out on wikipedia or most medical dictionary's .
and good point about shock as once the body goes into shock you can start to hallucinate but it still doesn't explain how someone that is supposedly unconscious can hallucinate while dreaming anyway ?

"Similarly, medical providers are often depicted defibrillating patients with a "flat-line" ECG rhythm (also known as asystole); this is not done in real life. Only the cardiac arrest rhythms ventricular fibrillation and pulseless ventricular tachycardia are normally defibrillated. (There are also several heart rhythms that can be "shocked" when the patient is not in cardiac arrest, such as supraventricular tachycardia and ventricular tachycardia that produces a pulse; this procedure is known as cardioversion, not defibrillation.)"

For the second one, I don't know. Probably the whole "tricking your brain" thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:14 pm

breakyoudown wrote:
As long as I don't have to stand in purgatory and I have to choose a door, one is heaven and one is hell. And they are guarded by a guard each. One lies one doesn't. I have one question

I would be so pissed if I had to do that shit

i know what you mean im not a christian but i most believe abit of most religions but as someone above suggested that "what ever you want happens " which is a quite a pleasant way of looking at it which i wouldnt have a problem with
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

"Similarly, medical providers are often depicted defibrillating patients with a "flat-line" ECG rhythm (also known as asystole); this is not done in real life. Only the cardiac arrest rhythms ventricular fibrillation and pulseless ventricular tachycardia are normally defibrillated. (There are also several heart rhythms that can be "shocked" when the patient is not in cardiac arrest, such as supraventricular tachycardia and ventricular tachycardia that produces a pulse; this procedure is known as cardioversion, not defibrillation.)"

For the second one, I don't know. Probably the whole "tricking your brain" thing.

im not going to claim im a doctor or anything of such profession because i am not but people have been brought back from a flat line before and im not trying to bull shit to prove a point and nor have i gained this knowlledge from any kind of sitcom or drama but there have been rare medical cases Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:21 pm

allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

im not going to claim im a doctor or anything of such profession because i am not but people have been brought back from a flat line before and im not trying to bull shit to prove a point and nor have i gained this knowlledge from any kind of sitcom or drama but there have been rare medical cases Smile

Might be true, but I'm just saying that's not what it's used for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

haha i know my termanology is not correct in most parts just curious are you in the medical profession or did you get all your info off the web ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:23 pm

allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

haha i know my termanology is not correct in most parts just curious are you in the medical profession or did you get all your info off the web ?

Nah, I just read Cracked articles cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

same here im going to try get into the medical industry headbanger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm

allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

I've considered it, but becoming a doctor seems like a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
allseeingeye wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

I've considered it, but becoming a doctor seems like a lot of work.

i plan on becoming a pathologyst or a forensic investigator . im not a people person so its better off i work with dead people anyways 🤣 + rep
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 pm

I died 4 times , All i remember was all the shit that was hooked up to me , And my head hurting ... I do know after you die you get dummer .. lol
Back to top Go down
TheskyisblueFTW
The Magician

Number of posts : 2722
Hedonistic Glory : 6735
Joined In : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 am

if its reincarnation that would be cool I could be like a Rhino in my next life. if its nothingness I will be hella pissed off. if I can be a ghost hell ya I'll be ghost I'd haunt the fuck out of people that annoyed me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/DX.Robots
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9845
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:25 am

I hope it's nothingness but I have an odd fear it might be reincarnation. I know the universe will go into a heat death or perhaps a freeze but I don't see it as being that simple...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:22 pm

hateyou1st wrote:
I died 4 times , All i remember was all the shit that was hooked up to me , And my head hurting ... I do know after you die you get dummer .. lol
ouch man how did you die 4 times and i take it it all was in the same 24 hours ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:25 pm

TheskyisblueFTW wrote:
if its reincarnation that would be cool I could be like a Rhino in my next life. if its nothingness I will be hella pissed off. if I can be a ghost hell ya I'll be ghost I'd haunt the fuck out of people that annoyed me.
haha man i know what you mean id have to say the same if i ended up as ghost Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:26 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
I hope it's nothingness but I have an odd fear it might be reincarnation. I know the universe will go into a heat death or perhaps a freeze but I don't see it as being that simple...
true nothing worth doing is easy ........not that we have much of a choice Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3829
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:16 pm

I watched an ep. of Penn and Teller and they explain all of those 'near death' experiences when people think they see the tunnel, hear music, see angels, etc. They are basically brain hallucinations that can happen even if your heart stops. Your brain would be wigging out if you were near death, and when people describe how REAL they are...well, how real are some of the dreams you have at night? Now imagine a brain thats like OMG IM DYING!
Its kind of the same with people who believe they were abducted by aliens.

It's basically comforting to believe in a life after death where you'll be reunited with people, float around and eat endless icecream but seriously, there is no way of ever really KNOWING.

I'd rather it be nothingness than ...ghostness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allseeingeye
Top Lad

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:19 pm

sarainadream wrote:
I watched an ep. of Penn and Teller and they explain all of those 'near death' experiences when people think they see the tunnel, hear music, see angels, etc. They are basically brain hallucinations that can happen even if your heart stops. Your brain would be wigging out if you were near death, and when people describe how REAL they are...well, how real are some of the dreams you have at night? Now imagine a brain thats like OMG IM DYING!
Its kind of the same with people who believe they were abducted by aliens.

It's basically comforting to believe in a life after death where you'll be reunited with people, float around and eat endless icecream but seriously, there is no way of ever really KNOWING.

I'd rather it be nothingness than ...ghostness.

you have valid points and as you said "I'd rather it be nothingness than ...ghostness" in general i think its easier to just think there has to be some sort of after life. thinking myself cannot comprehend just drifting out of existance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarainadream
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Well no one can imagine things just going black as there would be no YOU to recollect that thought. It's interesting to speculate but no one will ever agree because the possibility of knowing is impossible. Maybe Alanis Morissette is God, maybe our souls are located in a part of the brain, perhaps Hades will own our souls or maybe the Egyptians were right and our friggin hearts will be weighed. I personally have never considered reincaration but I'd be down with being a ginormous octopus that takes down ships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ImendiaBurzum
Elder

Number of posts : 15458
Hedonistic Glory : 10730
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:30 pm

i remember the last time i died...it was sooo cool...like being on crack....*Sips crack*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/dommaster66
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14987
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 am

reincarnation would be awesome.....
but its dirtnap for eternity

i get real anxiety attacks if i think about the extreme nothingness for too long

in fact, my fingers are quivering now. its that serious. im a lame-o

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9845
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:34 am

When you get there it won't be so bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:46 am

i hope so....

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
sarainadream
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:48 pm

but you wont KNOW its nothingness so you dont have to worry about how it feels Smile

thats what i reckon anyways
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16109
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:44 pm

The weird thing about near death experiences is the person either sees heaven or hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:10 pm

i guess its comforting. but just the thought of not having my brain do anything, not having some kind of eternal dream. the thought of just NON existence freaks me right the fuck out

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
sarainadream
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 pm

brutality, thynameismetal wrote:
i guess its comforting. but just the thought of not having my brain do anything, not having some kind of eternal dream. the thought of just NON existence freaks me right the fuck out

I hear ya, but wouldn't it be better to just no longer exsist (since it would go from life to just black so you could not ponder your situation) than be say, a ghost? I know there's endless speculations about what ghosts are (demons, souls stuck on earth, rational beings that can be nice or cause havoc, thoughtless creatures who are stuck in a pattern of what they did during life, etc etc) and that whole debate can probably be another thread (I don't really find myself believing in them myself) but I think living a sort of exsistance would be worse than a void.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 pm

You don't have much of dad's beliefs do you? lol

sarainadream
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm not saying what I WANT to believe (endless fields of bunnies and kittens and a bar where I can confront Shakespeare and find out what he REALLY wrote would be my heaven. Oh, and lots of cheese) but what is possible and is on the science side rather than religious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:00 am

If shakespeare lived today he'd be a writer for South Park

sarainadream
True Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:31 am

Yes, yes he would. Any sort of crude show really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:45 am

im a dumb man of science. im wormfood.
but as part of the living, the eternal nothingness is really horrifying. im sure once im dead, if i can rationalize (which i cant) im sure it will be totally cool

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: death views and concepts   

Back to top Go down

death views and concepts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1