Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10783
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm

http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/zimi/pages/misc/yngwie_rates.html

Pretty funny interview, really shows his true colors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 4898
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:36 pm

He shall burn for his comments on Death
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10783
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Yeah, but the Pantera comment was priceless

As far as the singing goes, I couldn't find enough words to describe my disgust. Because it's really not singing. It sounds like sombody is either shoving something up the vocalist's ass, or something is coming out of his ass and his mouth at the same time. It's a stupid excuse for someone who stands in front of a mic stand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5512
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Shit on Dinosaur Jr. and Primus, and then give Dream Theater a handjob.

I never had any respect for Malmsteen, and now I still don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16051
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 pm

I found that hilarious, even though I disagree with a few of the comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarshallEMG
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 1619
Hedonistic Glory : 4898
Joined In : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:06 am

Overall, the band has a great sound. But I think the lead guitar player (Kirk Hammett) is not very good. He can play fast and is pretty good at it. But hi s choice of notes and sence of pitch are very bad. I don't think that he plays with musicality, or plays in tune. Rather than lifting the song, his solo seems to be the anticlimax.

Lol k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25348
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:13 am

Lol his music isn't too interesting itself

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 am

JOE SATRIANI
"THE MIGHTY TURTLE HEAD"
Time Machine, Relativity (1993)

I like the groovy intro. Sounds like a Strat. But the soloing going over the song is very bad. It's bent out of shape and out of tune. It's very basic bullshit pentatonic runs. The choice of notes in the solo is completely overdone. That stuff has been done for 30 years! I'm sick and tired off that bending bullshit. This is the most run-of-the-mill pentatonic playing I ever heard.

GW: That was Joe Satriani.

MALMSTEEN: You're kidding! Was he high? He's playing out of tune, and
the most boring runs! What I've heard from Satriani before was really good, but this -- this sounds like something someone would play in a garage. After the backwards solo, Joe does some nice stuff with out of phase pickups, which I liked. But the actual solo... I could never dream that was Joe. Out of tune, and terrible.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14929
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:56 am

This pissed me off
"Great intro and arrangement. Great choice of notes, and the intention is good. However, he performance and accuracy of the guitar player, whoever he is, is not on pitch and is very much below standard.

GW: That was Jeff Beck.

MALMSTEEN: Oh my God! That's unfuckin' believeable! I've never heard this before -- that's Jeff Beck? He's playing out of tune. He's bending the strings out of pitch. It's not the correct pitch! Every time he bends a string, he bends it sharp or flat. I can't believe that people... whoever produced and engineered this, or Beck himself, or the listeners, are tonedeaf. I can't believe it!
"

Cuse we have ended as lovers has to be one of my favorite songs of all fucking time.

although i cant argue when he rants about bad singing. some people arent fans of that. i dont blame him for that

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10450
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 pm

You know, he has no right to talk. His time was the 80's, which was a bunch of losers in tights and with big hair. He is still trying to live in the 80's, except he is fat now and burnt out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)   

Back to top Go down

Yngwie Malmsteen being a douche (what's new?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1