Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What did you like? (vote 4 times)
Neptune yea
15%
 15% [ 4 ]
Neptune nay
12%
 12% [ 3 ]
Synestesia yea
19%
 19% [ 5 ]
Synestesia nay
4%
 4% [ 1 ]
Fractal Gates yea
23%
 23% [ 6 ]
Fractal Gates nay
4%
 4% [ 1 ]
Borknagar yea
19%
 19% [ 5 ]
Borknagar nay
4%
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14929
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:56 am

1) NeptuneActs of Supremacy

I figured they are a great band to start off with. Quite a little time back, my friend and contributor of the forum, Gerdy, suggested I take a look at the Italian melodic death metal band, Disarmonia Mundi. They proved to be fantastic. I liked them so much; I set out to gather as much information as possible. This search proved almost to be fruitless, except for one thing; Neptune. Apparently, the same producer that worked with Disarmonia Mundi worked with another Italian band called Neptune. I searched for their work and was able to find their first full length album and I downloaded it immediately, hoping for the best. I was not disappointed. The album is quite good, and is heavily reminiscent of Disarmonia Mundi. If you are a fan of melodic death metal and you don’t mind A VERY LIGHT DUSTING of metalcore, than check this out. Basically, if you liked Fragments of D-Generation, this album is right up your alley.
DOWNLOAD: rapidshare.com Neptune_-_Acts_Of_Supremacy_2008.rar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune_%28Italian_band%29

2) SynestesiaFeeniks

Another melodic death metal band this time out of (FINLAND?) Their playing style leans more towards folk metal. I found this band doing heavy research believe it or not on Youtube. Just random clicking paired with Wikipedia yielded me this gem. Sung entirely in Finnish, the band sounds sort of like if Pantera and Insomnium had an illegitimate love-child. Don’t let that weird analogy spoil your appetite, I assure you this is the good shit.
DOWNLOAD: rapidshare.com Synestesia_-_Feeniks_2009.rar

3) Fractal GatesAltered State of Consciousness

Now, let’s start steering this ship away from melodic death metal. This next band is heavily influenced by black metal, but still manages to keep deeper vocals and clean production quality. Basically, they seem like melodic death guys that liked way too much black and death metal and set out to make Altered State of Consciousness. I think this album may not be much of a surprise here, but it’s one band I like to blast at the gym on occasion.
DOWNLOAD: mediafire.com ?dmgrnizdlwd

4) BorknagarThe Olden Domain

I half expect this band to be unheard of by anybody, or heard of by pretty much everybody. Kind of a weird thing. At any rate, these guys are even more black metal than the last band. They remind me of Opeth, only with less acoustic sections in the tracks. They boast not one, but 3 singers, though it seems slightly a shame because I cant yet distinguish between all of them. I found out about this band less than 2 weeks ago and am still finding nuances and little things to listen to. But I just had a feeling that the forum would generally approve of such a band. They also have a somewhat sizeable discography, which made it particularly challenging to choose a certain one.
DOWNLOAD: mediafire.com ?ymelnzft1ht
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borknagar

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.

Last edited by brutality, thynameismetal on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10783
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:01 am

I already have Borknagar and that's a fucking amazing album. Garm ftw. I'll check out the others tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:05 am

Taxer666 wrote:
I already have Borknagar and that's a fucking amazing album. Garm ftw. I'll check out the others tomorrow.
i had figured you had heard of it. glad you like it. be sure to vote for it even though you have it.
glad the other 3 were surprises
and im glad out of the 6 or so albums they have....i picked a great one

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:10 am

Oh and on that album it's only Garm (Ulver/Arcturus) doing vocals. ICS Vortex was Garm's replacement and then Vintersorg was his.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25348
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:14 am

I shall DL tmrw

PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 2195
Hedonistic Glory : 5512
Joined In : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:59 am

Looks promising.

Downloading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16051
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Oh and on that album it's only Garm (Ulver/Arcturus) doing vocals. ICS Vortex was Garm's replacement and then Vintersorg was his.

mmmm Vintersorg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Fractal Gates is AWEZOOOMZ
Shall move on after this journey has reached its completion

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:30 pm

i just wanted to know who voted nay on all of them. i need top properly gauge peoples music interest for the second music go-around

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Fractal gates 8.7/10
Borknagar 7/10
Synestia 8/10

VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9787
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Yeah I'm going to have to get all 4 of these albums. Will let you know what I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:14 am

axe has yet to reply.
taxer is almost a shoo-in for netpune

and portrait is also mia

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:43 am

brutality, thynameismetal wrote:
axe has yet to reply.
taxer is almost a shoo-in for netpune

and portrait is also mia

I've had a busy weekend sir, but I will be getting them tomorrow and I will let you know what I think either tomorrow night or Monday. Looks very promising though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11754
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 pm

I'll get to it I swear. I'm really thinking we should put limits on suggestions to a # of albums or a certain amount of listening time. Because taking the time out for 4 full lengths can take a good bit if you have other stuff going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:42 pm

blackstar wrote:
I'll get to it I swear. I'm really thinking we should put limits on suggestions to a # of albums or a certain amount of listening time. Because taking the time out for 4 full lengths can take a good bit if you have other stuff going on.

I have no qualms with the number, it's actually quite exciting to have so many options. But I think we should spread out the weeks just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:57 pm

blackstar wrote:
i think the limit is 5, thats why i have 4. and i figured not everyone would download everything.
and its my chance to shine.
if you want we can extend the dates....

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:59 pm

I know I won't really have time to give them proper review listens for a little bit. I have like 7 CD's I have to review for CoD.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11386
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:29 pm

God damnit, I keep meaning to download but I never have enough time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:39 am

Voted 'yea' for all of them. Melodeath heaven this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kriov
Pure Class

Number of posts : 730
Hedonistic Glory : 3620
Joined In : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 am

love the vocals on feeniks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scandinavianaggression.com
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:27 am

All right so here's my scores

Neptune - 4/10

Synestesia - 5/10

Fractal Gates - 6/10

Borknagar - 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:04 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Very Happy i win. this pleases me

Taxer666 wrote:
Neptune - 4/10
Synestesia - 5/10
Fractal Gates - 6/10
Borknagar - 9.5/10
why a nay on Neptune?
and i can see why you dont care too much for fractal gates, there is nothing that makes them stand out.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:17 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Very Happy i win. this pleases me

Taxer666 wrote:
Neptune - 4/10
Synestesia - 5/10
Fractal Gates - 6/10
Borknagar - 9.5/10
why a nay on Neptune?
and i can see why you dont care too much for fractal gates, there is nothing that makes them stand out.

It was extremely generic melodeth. It felt like I was listening to Kalmah or In Flames at times. Plus the core influence didn't help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:23 am

Taxer666 wrote:

It was extremely generic melodeth. It felt like I was listening to Kalmah or In Flames at times. Plus the core influence didn't help.
figured that was the case. i got no impression of kalmah, but yes, i can see that you didnt like the slight core influence

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:06 am

Yeah I was pretty meh about Neptune as well. Going to get the others over the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Downloading Neptune now. Heard one of their songs on YouTube. They're pretty good. Hope the whole album's as good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Nah, a big meh for Neptune from me. Can't be arsed listening to the reast of the album. I get the feeling there's just gonna be more of the same. I'll give Synesthesia a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Synestesia were alright.
Fractal Gates were good
Borknagar=win
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Okay okay I know I'm late Brute, but I am definitely paying attention and going to remark. I've decided I'll try out Fractal Gates and then Borknagar, and after that I'll check out songs of the second band on Youtube. It shall happen, and I will give you my opinion. I'll try Neptune on Youtube as well, might as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 pm

well, im bummed

its cool yall, thanks for playing. shall we vote on more time for the next person?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
PortraitOfSanity
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Neptune hasn't kept my interest past the first few listens.

Fractal Gates and Borkagnar I both really like though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:23 am

PortraitOfSanity wrote:
Neptune hasn't kept my interest past the first few listens.

Fractal Gates and Borkagnar I both really like though.
well, those i hope would like it i expected them to be fanatic about it

im glad i got two bands you dont know about
this pleases the master

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:25 am

I'm downloading Neptune and Fractal Gates, only the Fractal Gates download "unexpectedly ended" so I only got 7 of the tracks. I'll listen to them all by tomorrow night though, I'm expecting them to be good because they sound very interesting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:18 am

Solid entry by brute

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Synestesia and Fractal Gates = cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 am

Dark94Flame wrote:

like i said, you like those two...its only a mater of time until you further branch out

have you heard the Disarmonia Mundi albumcalled fragments of d-generation Darkflame? i sense it is right up your alley

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:17 am

Dark94Flame wrote:

like i said, you like those two...its only a mater of time until you further branch out

have you heard the Disarmonia Mundi albumcalled fragments of d-generation Darkflame? i sense it is right up your alley

Almost no one has heard of Disarmonia Mundi period, Brute. lol

Anyway, Neptune was rather enjoyable. I'll give it another listen to be sure, but it sounds solid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:30 am

Axeforhire wrote:

Almost no one has heard of Disarmonia Mundi period, Brute.
i detect sarcasm....

and darkflame being a somewhat new listener of metal it would seem that he hasnt heard of them

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:36 am

Heard Fractal Gates album twice. Not that bad...solid stuff, but not that interesting either. They did what they did well though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:37 am

yeah, i figured they were fairly safe for showing.
next one i have is pretty cool. cant wait for my second try

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Axeforhire wrote:

Almost no one has heard of Disarmonia Mundi period, Brute.
i detect sarcasm....

and darkflame being a somewhat new listener of metal it would seem that he hasnt heard of them

I was actually being serious. I mean I have heard of them, but they aren't that popular, especially to the... classic metalhead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm on the first song of the Borknagar album...it is excellent so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:37 pm

That's a song of length: 6:02
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:49 am

wow, i guess i got someone. glad i win
guess im going to listen to it again haahaha

glad i influenced vr

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die   

Back to top Go down

Metalisfav Music Club 9: Vote or Die
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1