Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:17 am

On Wednesday of last week, after school was over, we boarded 5 large charter buses and made our way to Atlanta. My horrible trip started immediately, because when I got on the bus I started looking through my carry-on bag for my Zune charger, which (of course) was not there. I was flipping out, and texting my family for about an hour and a half, having them search the house for it. I did this because I had either put it in my luggage bag under the bus or left it at home, which would not have been good. They eventually told me that they couldn't find it anywhere, so I assumed that it was under the bus in my bag. We continued overnight (since we left at about 6 PM) to Atlanta GA, which is about a twelve hour drive from my house. Have you guys ever tried sleeping on a bus, let alone overnight when you NEED the sleep? It really sucks ass. My legs are so long that my knees were jammed into the seat in front of me, and it was completely miserable. We arrived at a suburb of Atlanta at about 7 AM to eat breakfast at a Golden Corral. I was not excited about this because I had my braces tightened the day before and my teeth hurt like a bitch. Anyway, it was a breakfast buffet, and trust me when I say it was the most abhorrent, repulsive food I have ever eaten in my life. It was so horrible, and to make matters worse it made me sick to my stomach for the rest of the day. We left the GODDAMN Golden Corral, boarded the bus, and made our way to downtown Atlanta, On our way, I observed a cougar on the side of the road devouring a baby. That was pretty cool. When we arrived in Atlanta, we had to go to the self-proclaimed "World's Largest Aquarium". Mind you this was at about 8 AM. Who the fuck goes to an aquarium at 8 AM? I was pissed off, sick, and tired. We went inside, spent about two hours looking at fucking fish, then left to go to the CNN world headquarters. The CNN building was fairly interesting, I enjoyed the tour of the news facilities. We ate lunch at the food court, and I had Chik-Fil-A, which is always fucking delicious. After departing the CNN building, we finally checked into our hotel, but for only an hour. This was because we had to get dressed into nice clothing to go watch a FUCKING BALLET! I don't want to watch a ballet, let alone when I'm sick and sleep deprived. Anyway, I'll spare you the story on how horrible the first part was. The second part, after the intermission, was quite good though. It was just dancing to Celtic folk music, and I enjoyed this actually. Even though I fell asleep a few times. I went to get a coke at intermission, and a twenty oz bottle was 3.50! It was completely outrageous. But we finally left for the hotel, at around ten o clock. We arrived at the hotel at eleven, and I immediately went to my room to sleep, only to find out that there were two full sized beds in there. They had us assigned four to a room. Fuck.

This story is taking a lot longer than I thought it would take.

The next day we ate in the hotel, and they actually had a good buffet for us. I was pleased. Then we prompty left to go the World of Coke museum, which was a fantastic museum which displayed coke memorabilia and various other coke related things. The best part was the last room, which was very large. It contained 5 stations, I believe, which were just circular pillars with drink fountains in it like you would find at a restaurant. Each pillar was a different continent, and there, on tap, they had every coke product they sell in every country for you to try for free (not really free, since you had to pay to get in the GODDAMN place). That was enjoyable, I actually had a good time here. After this, we went to a Martin Luther King Jr. museum which was completely uninteresting and boring. All it had was giant posters with text, telling stories of what he did. I already knew about him, so I was bored. The most interesting thing about this museum was the giant statue of Kunta Kinte outside.

After this, all of the people on the trip went to a local high school for six hours to perform in a contest. My group didn't perform that night so I had to watch other groups for five hours. They were mostly choirs, and I was seriously bored.

We got back to the hotel at eleven thirty, where I went to sleep immediately. We got up at 5 AM the next morning, and went back to the school to finish up the contest. My group performed at 7 AM, and I was completely exhausted, having had minimal sleep the last three day. We were at the contest site for about 5 hours. Then we departed for Six Flags, where I was either too tall or too fat to fit on any rollercoaster. We ate lunch there, and I had a disgusting burger and fries, which set me back about twelve fucking dollars. Then I got thirsty, and I bought a coke from a machine that set me back another 4 fucking dollars. I was pissed. We then had the awards ceremony there, and my school won nearly every award in every category. Even my orchestra, which performed at 7 AM, completely sleep deprived. Three of our choirs won first place, our concert band won first place, our jazz band won first place, our percussion ensemble won first place, and our two orchestras won first place. The only thing we didn't win was the "spirit award".

After this, we all boarded the buses for the trip home. I had the best bus though. Only about 12 people on my bus got food poisoning from the meal they fed us at the banquet. There were people throwing up all over the bus, and we had to pull over 3 times to let people vomit on the grass. And we pulled over once so the chaperones could clean and disinfect the bus. So the 12 hour bus ride home actually took about 15 hours. I was miserable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486634
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:50 am

I would have had fun Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Sounds fun LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9792
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:49 pm

It sounded mostly exhausting and drawn out until the food poisoning part. That's not cool at all. What music did you listen to throughout the trip? I once got on a bus that traveled over night. It was different from your experience though. If I remember correctly the bus was comfortable but I was uncomfortable and I was sort of out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
It sounded mostly exhausting and drawn out until the food poisoning part. That's not cool at all. What music did you listen to throughout the trip? I once got on a bus that traveled over night. It was different from your experience though. If I remember correctly the bus was comfortable but I was uncomfortable and I was sort of out of it.

On the way down I listened to the following albums

Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic: Calling
Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line
Ihsahn - After
Vargnatt - Nur ein Traum
Persefone - Shin-Ken

Then I shuffled all of my songs. On the way home I was so exhausted and disgusted that I just tried to sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9792
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Awesome. Never heard of Ra Ra Ra. And I've heard 3 of those 5 albums.

Did you have any friends or anything on trip? What made you go? I didn't do my senior's field trip. I just remember Xasthur was the band of the day on my graduation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Awesome. Never heard of Ra Ra Ra. And I've heard 3 of those 5 albums.

Did you have any friends or anything on trip? What made you go? I didn't do my senior's field trip. I just remember Xasthur was the band of the day on my graduation.

Ra Ra Riot is an indie band, that you (no offense) probably wouldn't like at all. And I wanted to go because it was for the music programs, and I thought it would be fun. But I also went because my aunt paid for it. I was planning on not going, and apparently my stepsister, who lives with my dad, talked to my aunt about the trip and my aunt said she was paying for it. I said I wouldn't accept it, but she insisted. So that's how I ended up going
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14934
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:26 pm

i love how you told us pretty much everything you ate. that seems (aside from the food poisoning) rather not pertinent to the story...that made me smile

i shant bore you with my story of the train ride that i took that lasted 40 hours some 4 years ago

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:28 pm

brutality, thynameismetal wrote:
i love how you told us pretty much everything you ate. that seems (aside from the food poisoning) rather not pertinent to the story...that made me smile

i shant bore you with my story of the train ride that i took that lasted 40 hours some 4 years ago

Food is so important, I am always interested in what people eat when they go on trips/vacations
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:13 pm

I just got back from a camping trip.

Shit was so cash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:15 pm

ill have you know ill take the act of camping over pretty much anything in the world

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3776
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:33 pm

"On our way, I observed a cougar on the side of the road devouring a baby. That was pretty cool."

wait, WHAT?

and I agree, bad food ruins a trip. My school trip to Quebec back oh, 9ish years ago, had the sickest food ever. Pizza dripping in grease, runny nasty eggs, maple syrup on sticks (which looks like crap, litterally) and non carbonated Coke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:36 pm

you kids have never been to a summer camp
oh lol

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:12 pm

I went to a summer camp last summer.

The only time I've ever considered seriously becoming a vegetarian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 pm

i think blackstar shares my pain...we were boyscouts....we know the horrors of bad summer camp food.

and if it was truly bad....turning vegetarian wouldnt save you....peanut butter and jelly for life.

also 2 things master....your turn for the music challenge
and also i STILL love your signature

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25353
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:20 pm

I loled at the line when your like
We spent 2 hours looking at fucking fish

Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Brutethynameisgangstarap wrote:
i think blackstar shares my pain...we were boyscouts....we know the horrors of bad summer camp food.

and if it was truly bad....turning vegetarian wouldnt save you....peanut butter and jelly for life.

I usually do the old trick where you get salad and put as much dressing on it as possible to reduce the overall flavor.

ok I've chosen the albums already :p

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11759
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:02 pm

I don't know what your talking about I love eating chicken at every meal for a week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:04 pm

blackstar wrote:

I don't know what your talking about I love eating chicken at every meal for a week.

then you are lucky. i have had some baaad shit in my time

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11759
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:32 pm

I had some eggs one time that looked like a disk made of melted crayons but tasted like an amazing fried egg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:39 pm

they call those quail eggs
i never liked veggies in the first place, but i was served a huge pile of veggies that had freezer burn, were mush, and served in a puddle of water.
mac and cheese that WAS plastic.
"steak" that would have been better served as a doorstop

ugh

and dont get me started on backpacking food that went awry

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:54 pm

sarainadream wrote:
"On our way, I observed a cougar on the side of the road devouring a baby. That was pretty cool."

wait, WHAT?

and I agree, bad food ruins a trip. My school trip to Quebec back oh, 9ish years ago, had the sickest food ever. Pizza dripping in grease, runny nasty eggs, maple syrup on sticks (which looks like crap, litterally) and non carbonated Coke.
Hey, I'm going trecking in the Andes in July, where I'm gonna have to eat shitty camping food for about a week at a time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10455
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:42 am

Adventurous, this tale is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:51 am

Lemmy's Nutsack wrote:

Hey, I'm going trecking in the Andes in July, where I'm gonna have to eat shitty camping food for about a week at a time.

how dare you badmouth the andes.....my dream is to do a portion of them. fuck im jealous.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Didn't badmouth the Andes. Badmouthed the food.

I'm having to raise 3500 for it though. We're gonna be doing a month long expedition in Northern Peru and raising the money's the hardest part. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:42 pm

fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk yoooooooouuuuu

im so jealous i could kill you. Ripe age of 15 and trekking the andes.
im shaking with jealousy right now

have a great time. please, do me the honor. take a good camera. a camera phone doesnt count. take a digital one. plenty of memory cards. like 10 ziploc bags. and like 400 batteries.

i expect pictures young man

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 am

fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk yoooooooouuuuu

im so jealous i could kill you. Ripe age of 15 and trekking the andes.
im shaking with jealousy right now

have a great time. please, do me the honor. take a good camera. a camera phone doesnt count. take a digital one. plenty of memory cards. like 10 ziploc bags. and like 400 batteries.

i expect pictures young man
Can't garuntee I will. They tell us it's best not to bring expensive stuff that's likely to get lost/stolen. The expedition leader will probably bring one though so I may well have some pics for you, brute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:30 pm

yeah, i guess....i mean i have only done hiking in the us...people are far less unscrupulous where i have been. european people are cutthroat i hear.

then bring like 10 disposables. nobody wants to steal those and they are super light. but they take up a shit load of space.

dude, i have tried to circumvent my backpacks limit so many times. 65 liters of space just isnt enough. one day ill buy an 80 or 90 and kill myself with like 60lbs of gear

most i ever carried? i think it was one day on my 12 day trek...i estimated it to be 55 lbs.
i left base camp with 50...but on that certain day i had an extra quart of water and someone elses sopping wet tent. so yeah....55 is a bummer

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 am

yeah, i guess....i mean i have only done hiking in the us...people are far less unscrupulous where i have been. european people are cutthroat i hear.

then bring like 10 disposables. nobody wants to steal those and they are super light. but they take up a shit load of space.

dude, i have tried to circumvent my backpacks limit so many times. 65 liters of space just isnt enough. one day ill buy an 80 or 90 and kill myself with like 60lbs of gear

most i ever carried? i think it was one day on my 12 day trek...i estimated it to be 55 lbs.
i left base camp with 50...but on that certain day i had an extra quart of water and someone elses sopping wet tent. so yeah....55 is a bummer
European? I'm going to Peru, man. LOL

Yeah, I'll do my best to make sure I get some photos anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:30 pm

yyeah yeah, thats what i mean....geography lol

i also have another bit of advice. you have long hair? i have done alot of backpacking. i will say one of the best things to do is to do it bald or nearly bald. hair gets in your way. you wear a hat too long, your roots start to hurt, you get greasy, there is hair everywhere....just buzz it dude. best decision i ever made. it always grows back

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Brute wrote:
yyeah yeah, thats what i mean....geography lol

i also have another bit of advice. you have long hair? i have done alot of backpacking. i will say one of the best things to do is to do it bald or nearly bald. hair gets in your way. you wear a hat too long, your roots start to hurt, you get greasy, there is hair everywhere....just buzz it dude. best decision i ever made. it always grows back
Erm... I'm gonna pass on that. I'm not keen on the idea of shaving my head completely. I'd cut it shorter than usual but buzzing it all off? I don't think so. In fact, there's only one guy in our group that doesn't have long hair and I doubt the two that do would be willing to do it. Plus there's 6 girls going with us, too, who I seriously doubt will turn up at the airport bald.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:19 pm

well, girls its different.

idk man, ive done srs hiking bald and it was worth it...but a nice short buzz works just as well. i mean, stringy long hair on guys anyways is weird, but nice and short for a month of your life is well worth it

how on earth did you manage to convince 6 girls to do backcountry with you? that is amazing

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Crispyman01
A Scholar

Number of posts : 241
Hedonistic Glory : 3033
Joined In : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:01 am

Hahahahaha that was one HELL of a ride home. and its the golden coral, remember?
and you neglected to mention the crazy black hobo preaching from the streets.
you also forgot the shitty underground "mall"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25353
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 am

Did you scare off pesky merchants?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe   

Back to top Go down

My Trip to Atlanta: A (mostly) True Story by Axe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1