Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Lemmy's Nutsack wrote:
Following the masses? Dude, I like Trivium. So what? So does brute and Axe and probably a good few more people on the forums.

Trivium is the Soulja Boy of metal. Plus most of those who do like them haven't heard too much metal to begin with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

ThissongneedsmorePANFLUTE wrote:
I like both of your musical tastes to be honest, just taxer needs to stop being a prick.

And taxer, if the music is good to him why does it matter? I'm sure he doesn't just like Trivium because they're semi-popular.

Music can be judged objectively. Trivium is just bad music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 pm

It's been done before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Lemmy's Nutsack wrote:

It's been done before.

If you knew anything then you'd know that Mechanix came first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
I like both of your musical tastes to be honest, just taxer needs to stop being a prick.

And taxer, if the music is good to him why does it matter? I'm sure he doesn't just like Trivium because they're semi-popular.

Music can be judged objectively. Trivium is just bad music.
Everyone's aloud to have opinions. You probably like a few bands that I won't. Doesn't mean they're bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Lemmy's Nutsack wrote:
Following the masses? Dude, I like Trivium. So what? So does brute and Axe and probably a good few more people on the forums.

Trivium is the Soulja Boy of metal. Plus most of those who do like them haven't heard too much metal to begin with.

I like them, and probably 80% of the bands I listen to are completely unknown by 95% of the world's population. I despise metalcore as much as the next guy, but you don't bash someone who obviously legitimately enjoys the music. I like Trivium. But, I also like a lot of other bands. Even the tr00 kvlt br00tal bands who make the only music worth listening to, according to you. So stop posting like that, you're making yourself look like an ignorant ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Lemmy's Nutsack wrote:

I like them, and probably 80% of the bands I listen to are completely unknown by 95% of the world's population. I despise metalcore as much as the next guy, but you don't bash someone who obviously legitimately enjoys the music. I like Trivium. But, I also like a lot of other bands. Even the tr00 kvlt br00tal bands who make the only music worth listening to, according to you. So stop posting like that, you're making yourself look like an ignorant ass.

Like I said, I listen to good music. It's not my fault that you guys are philistines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Lemmy's Nutsack wrote:

Like I said, I listen to good music. It's not my fault that you guys are philistines.
Whatever, I'm not arguing anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 pm

I like a lot of the same music as you Taxer. Why does the fact that I like Trivium make me lesser? I'm sure you like plenty of bands I dislike or even hate, but I don't bash you for it. So calm the fuck down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10455
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 pm

You can't judge a band by how big it is, taxer. At that point, you are just ignoring the music and paying attention only to how many fans they have, doesn't that usually mean they are pretty good to SOMEONE if they got big? You have an opinion, and we have ours, neither is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25353
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Dinosaurs became extinct 2000 years ago

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:45 pm

I like a lot of the same music as you Taxer. Why does the fact that I like Trivium make me lesser? I'm sure you like plenty of bands I dislike or even hate, but I don't bash you for it. So calm the fuck down.

I only bash those who truly deserve it. Go ahead and listen to what you want just as long as you acknowledge that you still have a lot to learn and that your tastes are not yet fully developed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:46 pm

ಠ_ಠ wrote:
cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Taxer666 wrote:

I only bash those who truly deserve it. Go ahead and listen to what you want just as long as you acknowledge that you still have a lot to learn and that your tastes are not yet fully developed.

I acknowledge that, as should everyone. No one's tastes will ever be fully developed because tastes constantly shift. That means you too Taxer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:48 pm

The Hungriest Blankey wrote:
You can't judge a band by how big it is, taxer. At that point, you are just ignoring the music and paying attention only to how many fans they have, doesn't that usually mean they are pretty good to SOMEONE if they got big? You have an opinion, and we have ours, neither is right.

I'm not, I'm judging them objectively. Their music sucks. I don't care how popular a band is as long as they write good music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Taxer666 wrote:

I acknowledge that, as should everyone. No one's tastes will ever be fully developed because tastes constantly shift. That means you too Taxer.

That is true, but I am higher up on the hierarchy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10455
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:50 pm

I agree that their music sucks, I have never been a fan of Trivium, and your words gave off the aura of you not liking them because they are one of the bigger bands, internetz don't showz emotionz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

I suppose, but it doesn't really mean he doesn't have the right to enjoy their music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

I suppose, but it doesn't really mean he doesn't have the right to enjoy their music.

Oh by all means go ahead. You like what you like, just don't think that whatever is on the surface is the best thing ever. It's like calling Avatar and Transformers the best movies ever. If that's all you've been exposed to then fine, but you gotta dig deeper to find the real gems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

Oh by all means go ahead. You like what you like, just don't think that whatever is on the surface is the best thing ever. It's like calling Avatar and Transformers the best movies ever. If that's all you've been exposed to then fine, but you gotta dig deeper to find the real gems.

Oh I agree completely. But if you're trying to further someone's tastes, showing them something more is the best course of action. I'm going to admit, a little over a year ago I was just getting into newer metal. All I liked was thrash, heavy, glam, etc. I started getting into power metal, and that's when I joined this forum. Everyone was so accepting of me even though I didn't like or know about hardly any underground bands. Now I like probably 10 genres that I never even heard of. But if the forum was full of people being incredibly harsh I would still only like the same old things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

Oh I agree completely. But if you're trying to further someone's tastes, showing them something more is the best course of action. I'm going to admit, a little over a year ago I was just getting into newer metal. All I liked was thrash, heavy, glam, etc. I started getting into power metal, and that's when I joined this forum. Everyone was so accepting of me even though I didn't like or know about hardly any underground bands. Now I like probably 10 genres that I never even heard of. But if the forum was full of people being incredibly harsh I would still only like the same old things.

That is true. Guess I'm still stuck on the bad habits of this other message board where if you didn't know your shit then you'd be treated like shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Yeah I don't care too much for a lot of other forums, because everyone just bitches at each other. I like this one and a few others because it's people just discussing music that they enjoy, not music that they hate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:23 pm

Oh well, guess I'll just have to spread my influences more. The only other people that I think really know their shit are PoS, Dies, and MC. Hate too when it comes down to thrash and other things I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9792
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 pm

Acrobatic sex is a higher art form compared to normal sex. It is more interesting, technical, and involves more advanced forms of expression.

Also the people who are into acrobatic sex aren't beginners and followers of masses, like all of you are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Acrobatic sex is a higher art form compared to normal sex. It is more interesting, technical, and involves more advanced forms of expression.

Also the people who are into acrobatic sex aren't beginners and followers of masses, like all of you are.

Sounds like the tech death of sex. It can be cool but in the end it just makes things overly complex. Besides, you've never even had sex. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Oh well, guess I'll just have to spread my influences more. The only other people that I think really know their shit are PoS, Dies, and MC. Hate too when it comes down to thrash and other things I suppose.

Now do I really not know anything about Folk? lol I agree those you mentioned are really educated more about metal than most of us, but I think the simple fact that we are surviving on an internet message board means we know SOMETHING lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Taxer666 wrote:

Now do I really not know anything about Folk? lol I agree those you mentioned are really educated more about metal than most of us, but I think the simple fact that we are surviving on an internet message board means we know SOMETHING lol

Yeah but a lot of folk is just the cheesy folk <_< If you can point me to some awesome stuff like Agalloch, Empyrium, and stuff then I'd be more than happy to ask for your opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14934
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:53 pm

ive been thrown under the trivium bus worse than cliff was thrown under the tour bus

The Hungriest Blankey wrote:
well spoken link.

ಠ_ಠ wrote:
i love how there were like 40 tense posts and then byd comes in with this zinger. i laughed, thanks

and now on the topic of metal...lol
taxer, im not defending any bands...but i think its unfair for you to admire someone in their musical taste by how many bands they show you. sure, doing that earns respect, but shouldnt you also be surprised and happy when you share another band and people like it?

i for one have listened to ALL of the bands you have suggested via Forum, or chat. I have walked away with a couple. If i walked away with none or all, are you saying that im still inexperienced when it comes to music? Basically, what im getting at, a true music listener has to give you new bands that you havent heard before AND you have to like them
Tall order...im not playing that game Smile Razz

and just for good measure
:gbb:

i in no way defend trivium as "gods of metal" but i think they are interesting and they played a small part in the music i listen to today. just as im sure taxer, you listened to some stuff you are "ashamed" of (im not ashamed i listen to them).

oooh, and that bald guy in the pic....no confidence...he has a small pecker

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Taxer666 wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

Yeah but a lot of folk is just the cheesy folk <_< If you can point me to some awesome stuff like Agalloch, Empyrium, and stuff then I'd be more than happy to ask for your opinion.

Some people like it that way, and there is nothing wrong with that. You tend more towards the solemn and depressive folk. A lot of people hate that kind of folk and for good reason too--it's not the kind of thing they like to listen to. A person could know a ton about music and not enjoy that kind of stuff. Etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 pm

I actually started off with pretty awesome music. Got started off with Deep Purple, then progressed to Motorhead, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden. It's all been uphill from there. I'm fairly open minded (like I used to hate rap and other stuff say 2-3 years ago) but sometimes things just flat-out suck. More often than not it's popular music because it's commercialized so it's catchy. That's why you always hear about singles and not albums when it comes to pop. There are pretty lame underground bands too though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:59 pm

VacuousReality wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:
Taxer666 wrote:

Some people like it that way, and there is nothing wrong with that. You tend more towards the solemn and depressive folk. A lot of people hate that kind of folk and for good reason too--it's not the kind of thing they like to listen to. A person could know a ton about music and not enjoy that kind of stuff. Etc. etc.

Exactly, knowing about something doesn't mean you have to like it, it just means you have experienced it.

Oh and quality > quantity
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Musical taste is so personal.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:07 pm

I'd say that about all taste, especially cannibalism. Probably the most personal taste there is.
aND +REP
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:10 pm

I heard humans taste like pork.

& Hehe thanks!
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:12 pm

PORK? this calls for my favorite tune ever
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Pork/

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Brutethynameisgangstarap wrote:
PORK? this calls for my favorite tune ever
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Pork/
Hahahah this is so cute!
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:12 am

I like all kinds of folk Taxer, not just the cheesy folk and not just the slower blackened folk. And I agree about pop, but just because it's commercialized doesn't mean it can't be good. And just because it's commercialized doesn't mean people can't like it. I get annoyed when all a person likes are the hit singles, but if there's someone who loves music (like Darkflame) who happens to like something popular, that person isn't a drone of society. That person simply likes the music, because the music doesn't have anything to do with popularity. The music has everything to do with the sounds and emotions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Campbell13
Top Lad

Number of posts : 135
Hedonistic Glory : 3421
Joined In : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:07 am

Tazer you're talking a load of shit. Musical taste doesn't have any reflection on someone's musical knowledge or ability, or even them as a person. People can listen to whatever the fuck they want to, and you're no better than them for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://campbell13.deviantart.com/
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:13 am

Idk man, at least I can spell other people's username correctly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:19 am

Locked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:19 pm

the "z" is really close to the "x" and i have done that on more than one occasion.

and tazer is just funny. i mean, taxer? ooooh, watch out my 1099EZ form might get filled out!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?   

Back to top Go down

Controlversial/Unpopular opinions you have regarding metal?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2