Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What is the longest you've gone without sleep?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25290
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:12 pm

I am a lightweight. I think 23 hours is my best

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:32 pm

3 days sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:36 pm

Hallucinations?

Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10725
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:51 pm

30-40 hours

it sucked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14871
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:54 pm

i want to say 36?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:57 pm

I just get rather listless when I lack sleep.
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9729
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:21 pm

I don't think I've gone past 48 hours. I hear after 72 or something you can start getting hallucinations. Or if you're playing Starcraft you die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeOverload
I CAME!

Number of posts : 972
Hedonistic Glory : 3946
Joined In : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Gears of War 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3713
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:27 pm

48ish...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 pm

A year or so ago i went something like 2 weeks with out even a wink . I go 18 to 20 hours everyday without sleep . Sleep is something i wish i had . No rest for the wicked is what they say ..
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:03 am

hate, i dont want to argue, but it is physically impossible to not sleep for 2 weeks...thats 336 hours
even severe insomniacs sleep for minutes at a time, i think.,

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11696
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:21 am

Well "without sleep" often means you go basically. He probably did get some sleep like very minor like 15-30 min at a time for maybe a couple hours a day but because of that much sleep loss you hardly notice you've had it. One of my friends is a major insomniac and that's how he described it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 am

yeah, thats kinda what i mean.
if you dont sleep, i think in like 5 days you die. i dont have any info on that, but i know id die if that happened

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15993
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:30 am

Eh close to two days probably. Like getting up at 7AM, staying up all night, then going to sleep at midnight the next day.

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:19 am

There was a guy that went a month without sleep. He died after a month...not sure from what. Well yeah you can go a while without much sleep and a lot of people sleep hardly at all.

And blackstar is right...you fall to sleep without realizing it a lot of times when you're very tired. I know it has happened to me because I wouldn't know I fell to sleep but I'd feel like it was later suddenly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:28 am

If I don't sleep in 24 hours I just get pissed off

sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3713
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:11 am

This convo path reminded me of the new Nightmare on Elm Street.
He'll get you even if you try to stay awake because you apparently start dreaming.

I found this:
There are no documented cases of a healthy human dying from total sleep deprivation (excluding accidents), aside from those suffering from Fatal Familial Insomnia. In carefully monitored experiments, several normal research subjects stayed awake for 10 days. While they all experienced cognitive deficits in memory, concentration, etc, none of them experienced serious medical, neurological, physiological or psychiatric problems [1]. Total sleep deprivation in rats leads to death in around 28 days. Death occurs later if only REM sleep is eliminated. In humans, extended sleep deprivation causes microsleep sessions to develop. A person who has fatal familial insomnia may die after several months with no sleep at all; people without this condition may experience dementia or develop permanent personality changes within the first few weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:35 am

shit is heavy. woah.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:38 am

For a little bit my mom was sleeping like 15 hours a day or something. I hope she's not still doing that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:41 am

little did you know.....your mom is a Koala

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:43 am

Brutethynameisgangstarap wrote:
little did you know.....your mom is a Koala

And we have a new sig!
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:45 am

YES!!
ill tell you, nothing is more satisfying. no rep, no recommendation, no positive reinforcement is better than having someone sig you. thanks man

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:45 am

Oh God really? C'mon that's so lame. Like anything but that.

On the other hand I seem to recall her being a koala bear with someone. Or something. Like snuggly.

Don't say a fucking thing...

Oh...

"Fuck it! Rest of the girls...*sigh* I'm slitting my throat. Wish death."
Sorry random dialogue interlude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:47 am

vr....get back on the meds. everything is fine....for now

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
VacuousReality

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:56 am

Muuuuuuuuuuuust
Waaaaaaaaaaaalk
These fiiiieeeEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHlllldssss

I don't use meds and I probably won't ever take any meds like that, especially considering I have to get married now. Seriously changes everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 am

hate, i dont want to argue, but it is physically impossible to not sleep for 2 weeks...thats 336 hours
even severe insomniacs sleep for minutes at a time, i think.,
Dude no sleep , I was having a real hard time with dreams .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:15 am

if you dont sleep, i think in like 5 days you die. i dont have any info on that, but i know id die if that happened
Thats not true , The corp puts everyone through " hell week " Thats 7 days with no sleep, They have you moving non stop , you dont get to eat much and no sleep . Its how they weed out the weak . After that you go to sniper school . Where you have to look down a scope for 10 to 15 hours a day so you can over come scope eye .. . Army rangers , Navy seals also go through hell week ..
Back to top Go down
Bloodbeast
The Cuddle Monster

Number of posts : 1638
Hedonistic Glory : 4789
Joined In : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:40 pm

I dost not need sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 pm

HOAH Livin' On A Prayer! wrote:
Thats not true , The corp puts everyone through " hell week " Thats 7 days with no sleep, They have you moving non stop , you dont get to eat much and no sleep . Its how they weed out the weak . After that you go to sniper school . Where you have to look down a scope for 10 to 15 hours a day so you can over come scope eye .. . Army rangers , Navy seals also go through hell week ..

fair enough....if you say so.
a whole week? shiiiiit. im glad we had you on our side

sniper/scope eye?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:13 pm

fair enough....if you say so.
a whole week? shiiiiit. im glad we had you on our side

sniper/scope eye?
Let ask 1st , Have you ever used a gun with a scope ? If not get a roll of paper towels and look down the center for a little bit then move it and look around . You will also need to keep both eyes open . Your depth perception will be off , You have to over come the depth perception and process what you see .Thats scope eye .. After hell week your dead , Your so tired you cant sleep , eat or even think .
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:07 pm

yeah, i have looked down scopes before. yeah, depth perception was shit for me, i had to close the other eye, which is a no-no.
yeah, that would take some getting used to.

did they at least treat you any better after hell week? like you are in some big brotherhood? like "congrats, you toughies made it, here is a hot shower and meal"

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:12 pm

did they at least treat you any better after hell week? like you are in some big brotherhood? like "congrats, you toughies made it, here is a hot shower and meal"
Yea something like that ..
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:17 pm

i have a similar story, only like, 10 times LESS manly.
in scouts, there is a program you are voted into. you spend (sorry, only 1 night) 2 days working. like, manual labor. plus, no talking at all. i mean, im sure yours was much worse, but for a 15 year old ADHD kid, that was so difficult. They dont starve you, but i remember lunch was an apple, and some crackers and a gatorade packet. breakfast was like a breakfast bar and thats about it.
So you are food rationed, worked to the bone, all whilst being quiet.
At the end of 2 days, there is a big ceremony, and everyone is welcomed to the "club" and there is real food to be had and a general celebration

thats all i got, thought id share
oh, and i did that twice. i must have been silly

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:32 pm

i have a similar story, only like, 10 times LESS manly.
in scouts, there is a program you are voted into. you spend (sorry, only 1 night) 2 days working. like, manual labor. plus, no talking at all. i mean, im sure yours was much worse, but for a 15 year old ADHD kid, that was so difficult. They dont starve you, but i remember lunch was an apple, and some crackers and a gatorade packet. breakfast was like a breakfast bar and thats about it.
So you are food rationed, worked to the bone, all whilst being quiet.
At the end of 2 days, there is a big ceremony, and everyone is welcomed to the "club" and there is real food to be had and a general celebration

thats all i got, thought id share
oh, and i did that twice. i must have been silly
Well what's manly changes with time . It goes from kicking the shit out of a bear to checking the Closet for the boogie man . Everything chages with time .. Trust me .
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 pm

i dont praise my parents all the time, but the best damn thing they did:
The convinced me that if there were boogymen under my bed or in the closet, to spray this m magical invisible fluid in the room
They took a spritzer bottle for misting water, empty, and said it had "magical monster repellent"
shit that stuff saved me so many times. i mean, i was nearly monster food so many times.

i love them for that

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:43 pm

The convinced me that if there were boogymen under my bed or in the closet, to spray this m magical invisible fluid in the room
They took a spritzer bottle for misting water, empty, and said it had "magical monster repellent"
shit that stuff saved me so many times. i mean, i was nearly monster food so many times.

i love them for that
I may need to try that ! Most times pig keeps lexi safe , But when he is in the Closet i have to kick his ass before lexi will go to bed .. But i think i can find some of that "magical monster repellent" ... lol
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15993
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:49 pm

I feel like a father with two children who are actually getting along for once. + rep

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Probably about a day and a half when on a flight or something. It's damn well not as impressive as 2 weeks though. How the fuck did you survive, man?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10392
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 pm

3 days. I am tired from no sleep for 36 hours now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:02 pm

i love them for that
I may need to try that ! Most times pig keeps lexi safe , But when he is in the Closet i have to kick his ass before lexi will go to bed .. But i think i can find some of that "magical monster repellent" ... lol
i assume "Pig" is a dawg. and i picture him as this love-able droopy basset hound.
knowing you hate, most likely a doberman, black lab, or pit bull....am i right?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:32 pm

i love them for that
i assume "Pig" is a dawg. and i picture him as this love-able droopy basset hound.
knowing you hate, most likely a doberman, black lab, or pit bull....am i right?
No pig is lexis bear . She loves that thing ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Lemmy's Nutsack wrote:
Probably about a day and a half when on a flight or something. It's damn well not as impressive as 2 weeks though. How the fuck did you survive, man?
I wanted to sleep just cound'nt . I had alot of " flash backs " when i dream ..
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11328
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 am

Lemmy's Nutsack wrote:
I wanted to sleep just cound'nt . I had alot of " flash backs " when i dream ..
Damn. I probably would've broke down within a day LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the longest you've gone without sleep?   

Back to top Go down

What is the longest you've gone without sleep?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1