Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

An Idea (feedback would be great)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486686
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:04 pm

I'll do Hanker.

I'll write the article up today. When's the deadline?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16108
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Ok, I'm just trying to figure out how we will decide what goes up. i guess each week each member can pick an artist from his list to do.

And no deadline, just within the next few days probably.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14986
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:50 pm

wow, i just read that i was writing. holy shit i didnt see this...
guess it is time to get writing!

and why the fuck did you give me my hardest band? i mean, i love them and all, but i dotn want to fuck up metallica...they did that by themselves.

oh lol,

well, dont change. ive already started writing

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:07 pm

Well just do whatever man. From now on I'll just let everyone pick, but we need to make sure we keep in communication so we have a diverse list of bands going up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WookieBastage
Corpsegrinder

Number of posts : 270
Hedonistic Glory : 3245
Joined In : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:37 pm

I am working on listening to as much Decapitated as I can so that I can write about them effectively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sixpickles.blogspot.com/
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:40 pm

banged out in 5 minutes....thats all the time i budget myself for these things. hahaha
also, 2 questions. i have stuff underlined...does blogspot use BBCcode? and what of pictures? what tag system do we need for that.

for now, ill just make it look good here:

Metallica

Ok, if you haven’t heard of Metallica by now, you should seek help in a mental ward. Ok, maybe that is a tad harsh, but for the world of metal music, Metallica have contributed a great deal. Later in years, not so much, but as for their first 4 or 5 albums, they helped to define the metal world into what it has become. They are one of the “big 4”, bands that started thrash metal, along with Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth. They have gone through several line-up changes, but rhythm guitar and vocalist James Hetfield, drummer Lars Ulrich, and lead guitarist Kirk Hammett are still contributing to the band after being together since 1981.
Whether you like thrash or not, Metallica have a permanent spot in the metal hall of fame. They have paved the way for countless bands. Now comes the difficult part where I have to recommend songs to listen to. Here goes nothing:

Kill ‘Em All
Just get the album. You will thank me later.

Ride the Lightening
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fade to Black
Escape
The Call of Ktulu
Again, just get the album.

…And Justice for All

The pinnacle of thrash metal. Get it, listen to it. Just trust me.

Master of Puppets
Battery
Master of Puppets
Leper Messiah
Orion

Metallica

Enter Sandman (overplayed, but a classic)
The Unforgiven
Nothing Else Matters
My Friend of Misery (an untold favorite track of mine)

There you have it, Metallica
-Brute-

ok. so thats what i got. and i kind of want to end everything, "there you have it, band x, -brute-"

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11443
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Looks good to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:31 pm

short. sweet. to the point.
done and done

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:36 pm

So, Axe, do you want me to do a band just now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Brute wrote:

Ok, if you haven’t heard of Metallica by now, you should seek help in a mental ward. OK, maybe that is a tad harsh, but for the world of metal music, Metallica have contributed a great deal: in recent years, maybe not so much, but as for their first 4 or 5 albums, they helped to define the metal world into what it has become. They are one of the “big 4” bands that started thrash metal, along with Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth. They have gone through several line-up changes, but rhythm guitarist and vocalist James Hetfield, drummer Lars Ulrich and lead guitarist Kirk Hammett are still contributing to the band after being together since 1983.
Whether you like thrash or not, Metallica have a permanent spot in the metal hall of fame, having paved the way for countless bands. Now comes the difficult part where I have to recommend songs to listen to. Here goes nothing:

Kill ‘Em All

Ride the Lightening
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fade to Black
Escape
The Call of Ktulu

…And Justice for All

Master of Puppets
Battery
Master of Puppets
Leper Messiah
Orion

Metallica

The Unforgiven
Nothing Else Matters

-Brute-

ok. so thats what i got. and i kind of want to end everything, "there you have it, band x, -brute-"

Hammett didn't join till '83 IIRC.

As per Axe's suggestion, I've done a quick grammar check: some changes I've highlighted in red, mainly to read more clearly. A few commas removed, but otherwise a concise and well rounded article.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Silly Grammar Nazi!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Brute wrote:
Silly Grammar Nazi!

I wouldn't have bothered, but Axe asked. I'm writing Kalisia now: I'll post it for consideration later.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:09 pm

im sure it will make perfect grammatical sense.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Kalisia

Hailing from the land of garlic and pretentious moustaches, Kalisia formed in 1994 under the leadership of Brett Caldas-Lima who garnered the talents of Auspex’s Elodie Buchonnet amongst others. After releasing a couple of well received demos over a two year period, work commenced on their first, and so far only album, “Cybion”. They would proceed to spend over ten years crafting a 70 minute single track concept record of astonishing scope. Unhindered by boundaries, Kalisia produced a land mark in the field of progressive metal, combining the best of Dream Theater’s progressive wonderings with death metal’s pure assault, Lima even going so far as to create his own language to flavour the album’s intriguing story. Unjustly consigned to the underground by labels who think you’re too stupid and Ritalin dependent to appreciate this masterpiece, the band self released the album to great acclaim from the lucky few who knew what was coming. Be sure to check these guys out, because it maybe another 10 years before we hear from them again.

Kalisia is:

Brett Caldas-Lima - Vocals, Guitars, Programming
Laurent Pouget - Keyboards
Thibaut Gerard - Bass
Brun's (Bruno Michel) - Guitars
Elodie Buchonnet - Female Vocals, Flute, Saxophone

Recommended Works:

“Cybion”: the album comes complete with the previously released “Skies” demo.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:50 pm

for kalisia, i wish there was a better way to say THIS IS FUCKING UNRELENTINGLY AWESOME!!!!!!

other than that solid post dude.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:56 pm

I was tempted to put "Paul Masvidal Approved" in there, but I know there will be too many dopey bastards who say "who the fuck is he?".
Back to top Go down
Master Cthulhu
Gentleman and a Scholar

Number of posts : 3626
Hedonistic Glory : 2147486686
Joined In : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:57 pm

No, it doesn't use BBC code, but you can copy over the direct text from the actual post. It's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10840
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Immortal

Bio:

MIGHTY RAVENDAAAAAARRRK. Immortal formed in 1990 and is considered to be one of the most important and influential second-wave black metal bands. Unlike the other black metal bands in Norway, Immortal never partook in any of the controversial activities such as the church burnings and whatnot. Immortal also popularized the whole singing about winter in black metal which is pretty cool. As far as their releases go, they started off playing standard, but beastly second-wave black metal, but over the years they have started to incorporate more traditional and thrash metal influence into their records. The Immortal line-up has primarily been composed of Demonaz (lyrics/guitar) and Abbath (everything else), but Demonaz had to "leave" the band because of tendinitis in his hand, but he still writes all the lyrics and serves as their band manager. Since then, Horgh has been drum duties and Apollyon on bass. Before Horgh joined the band, the controversial figure Grim served in the band for a while.

Recommended works:

As far as albums go, you really can't go wrong with any of them really. But I'd say these pretty much give you an idea of what they have to offer.

Pure Holocaust
Ferocious second-wave black metal that brings the riffs and is easily their best album of this stylistic period.

Battles in the North
One of their more well known albums, lots of tremolo picked and blast beated goodness.

At the Heart of Winter
Easily their best new style album, it's filled to the brim with awesome riffs and unforgettable melodies.

Sons of Northern Darkness
By far this is their most popular album. Really catchy and it's a great starter album if you're not familiar with black metal.

Current line-up:

Abbath Doom Occulta - Vocals, Guitar (1990-)
Horgh - Drums (1996-)
Apollyon - Bass (2006-)

Past members:

Demonaz Doom Occulta - Guitar (1990-1997)
Grim - Drums (1993-1994)

Last edited by Taxer666 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:03 pm

another solid post. releived that taxer didnt inject hardly any black metal elitism into that. Unbiased ftw!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:06 pm

WookieBastage wrote:
I am working on listening to as much Decapitated as I can so that I can write about them effectively.

Nice man, can't wait to read it. And just so you know (and this goes for everyone), after this you guys just choose which band you want to do. I don't want to choose for you, that seems really selfish.

Brute wrote:
banged out in 5 minutes....thats all the time i budget myself for these things. hahaha
also, 2 questions. i have stuff underlined...does blogspot use BBCcode? and what of pictures? what tag system do we need for that.

for now, ill just make it look good here:

Metallica

Ok, if you haven’t heard of Metallica by now, you should seek help in a mental ward. Ok, maybe that is a tad harsh, but for the world of metal music, Metallica have contributed a great deal. Later in years, not so much, but as for their first 4 or 5 albums, they helped to define the metal world into what it has become. They are one of the “big 4”, bands that started thrash metal, along with Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth. They have gone through several line-up changes, but rhythm guitar and vocalist James Hetfield, drummer Lars Ulrich, and lead guitarist Kirk Hammett are still contributing to the band after being together since 1981.
Whether you like thrash or not, Metallica have a permanent spot in the metal hall of fame. They have paved the way for countless bands. Now comes the difficult part where I have to recommend songs to listen to. Here goes nothing:

Kill ‘Em All

Ride the Lightening
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fade to Black
Escape
The Call of Ktulu

…And Justice for All

Master of Puppets
Battery
Master of Puppets
Leper Messiah
Orion

Metallica

The Unforgiven
Nothing Else Matters

-Brute-

Solid post. And not just because I'm a Mustaine fanboy, but I would mention something about him having been kicked out of the band early in the band's career. Otherwise, very good and solid post. I have read the others that have been posted and I think we need to work on getting a formula for the recommended works section, because they all look different. Something for us to think about before we throw these up.

Darkflame wrote:
So, Axe, do you want me to do a band just now?

Go ahead man, take your pick.

Dies Irae wrote:
Kalisia

Hailing from the land of garlic and pretentious moustaches, Kalisia formed in 1994 under the leadership of Brett Caldas-Lima who garnered the talents of Auspex’s Elodie Buchonnet amongst others. After releasing a couple of well received demos over a two year period, work commenced on their first, and so far only album, “Cybion”. They would proceed to spend over ten years crafting a 70 minute single track concept record of astonishing scope. Unhindered by boundaries, Kalisia produced a land mark in the field of progressive metal, combining the best of Dream Theater’s progressive wonderings with death metal’s pure assault, Lima even going so far as to create his own language to flavour the album’s intriguing story. Unjustly consigned to the underground by labels who think you’re too stupid and Ritalin dependent to appreciate this masterpiece, the band self released the album to great acclaim from the lucky few who knew what was coming. Be sure to check these guys out, because it maybe another 10 years before we hear from them again.

Kalisia is:

Brett Caldas-Lima - Vocals, Guitars, Programming
Laurent Pouget - Keyboards
Thibaut Gerard - Bass
Brun's (Bruno Michel) - Guitars
Elodie Buchonnet - Female Vocals, Flute, Saxophone

Recommended Works:

“Cybion”: the album comes complete with the previously released “Skies” demo.

Good, solid post man. I like the members section, I think we should definitely add that to our "post formula".

Taxer666 wrote:
Immortal

Bio:

MIGHTY RAVENDAAAAAARRRK. Immortal formed in 1990 and is considered to be one of the most important and influential second-wave black metal bands. Unlike the other black metal bands in Norway, Immortal never partook in any of the controversial activities such as the church burnings and whatnot. Immortal also popularized the whole singing about winter in black metal which is pretty cool. As far as their releases go, they started off playing standard, but beastly second-wave black metal, but over the years they have started to incorporate more traditional and thrash metal influence into their records. The Immortal line-up has primarily been composed of Demonaz (lyrics/guitar) and Abbath (everything else), but Demonaz had to "leave" the band because of tendinitis in his hand, but he still writes all the lyrics and serves as their band manager. Since then, Horgh has been drum duties and Apollyon on bass. Before Horgh joined the band, the controversial figure Grim served in the band for a while.

Recommended albums:

As far as albums go, you really can't go wrong with any of them really. But I'd say these pretty much give you an idea of what they have to offer.

Pure Holocaust

Ferocious second-wave black metal that brings the riffs and is easily their best album of this stylistic period.

Battles in the North

One of their more well known albums, lots of tremolo picked and blast beated goodness.

At the Heart of Winter

Easily their best new style album, it's filled to the brim with awesome riffs and unforgettable melodies.

Sons of Northern Darkness

By far this is their most popular album. Really catchy and it's a great starter album if you're not familiar with black metal.

Current line-up:

Abbath Doom Occulta - Vocals, Guitar (1990-)
Horgh - Drums (1996-)
Apollyon - Bass (2006-)

Past members:

Demonaz Doom Occulta - Guitar (1990-1997)
Grim - Drums (1993-1994)

One thing I would recommend is to not put a space after the album name and before the description. It just makes it a little messy. Otherwise good post man. We should brainstorm ideas for how to post the recommendations and band members sections, so they look the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:12 pm

as a person who has looked at too much design and typography, i hate unwarranted spaces.

i would tend to agree to include a fact about mustaine, but u dont thinks it pertinent. trujilio and newsted were in the band longer and i didnt inculde them...

yes, a specific way to recommend work.

i also think we should also list current members in the fashioner the other two posts did, that i failed to do. ill change mine and re post.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Ok I have a formula for how we can do this (- = a title)

-Band Name
Picture

Biography/Significance

-Recommended Albums

List of albums with or without description (description right under the name of the album)

-Current members
list of current members

-Former members
list of former members

I think we can cut out the significant tracks section, but you can include the best tracks off the albums you posted. Does this look good to everyone? I'll post mine using this template and you guys can see what you think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:19 pm

i say ditch the forumer members thing and keep the "best tracks" section

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica is a power metal band founded in 1995 by drummer Tommy Portimo, guitarist Jani Liimatainen, and bassist Marko Paasikoski. In the early years, Sonata Arctica's style was more of a hard rock, but transformed into the straight up power metal sound that their early albums are known for. But over the years, Sonata Arctica's style has changed even more, combining their power metal sound with elements of progressive metal, and even ocassionally symphonic metal (most notably on the bonus disc for The Days of Grays). After a few line-up changes, including the departure of Jani Liimatainen and keyboardist Mikko Härkin, the band's style began to undergo these changes. Sonata Arctica is a very notable band in the power metal genre because their dynamic style has given us some albums that are truely wonderful and unique. This is definitely one of those bands that has a slightly different sound each album. Being one of the most popular and accesible bands in the genre, Sonata Arctica is a fantastic gateway into power metal.

Recommended Works

Ecliptica (LP)
The band's first album. Ecliptica is a power metal masterpiece. It features fast and agressive songs as well as slower and more melodious songs. It's definitely the best place to start with this band.

Reckoning Night (LP)
This is the album that transitions the band into a more progressive style. It's a mixture of the early and later albums.

The Days of Grays (LP)
Building on the band's newer style introduced in Reckoning Night, The Days of Grays is a fantastic album. This album was released in 2009 and was incredibly impressive, and shows that the band has matured a lot in their songwriting. The songs are much more complex, albeit harder to get into for newcomers to the genre. Regardless, it is amazing after a few listens.

Current Members

Tony Kakko
Elias Viljanen
Tommy Portimo
Marko Paasikoski
Henrik Klingenberg

Former Members

Jani Liimatainen
Mikko Härkin
Janne Kivilahti
Pentti Peura
William Weatherall

Essential Tracks
UnOpened
Fullmoon
The Cage
Paid in Full
Flag in the Ground

Links
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=192
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonata_Arctica
http://www.last.fm/music/Sonata+Arctica

Last edited by Axe on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Brute wrote:
i say ditch the forumer members thing and keep the "best tracks" section

Well I figured we would ditch the best tracks because if we're recommending albums we can just cut space and put the recommended tracks on the albums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:42 am

Could we change recommended albums to recommended works?

I say this because I'm going to recommend some EPs, demos and live stuff with some bands.

Also, are we not putting in links for the stuff we recommend? Make it easier for the people reading it to check the band out? Of even just a myspace/last Fm link so they can hear what the ysound like?

I think a "Standout Tracks" section were you pick 5 songs and put in youtube vids might be cool.

I dunno, I'm just looking to see if we can't make it a one stop shop for anyone browsing rather than giving them this info and recommendations with no follow through...
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:47 am

definitly digging on the "one stop shop" idea
i said we should include a metalarchive link
i think 5 tracks is a good thing.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Ok sounds good. I'll put the revisions on my post, then you guys can follow suit.

Someone will have to show me how to hyperlink the song titles to youtube videos. Does that post look good? I think it's as good as we can get it, except we will have to have an account made to comment on each post and put mediafire/megaupload links to each recommended album.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25405
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Okay I'll try to do my Iced Earth tonight lol

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Cool, Axe, I'll have one up in a bit. Should be a no-brainer who I'm gonna do first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:44 pm

AC/DC

AC/DC are well known as one of the biggest and most influential hard rock bands ever. The band was formed in 1973 in Melbourne, Australia by brothers Angus (lead guitar) and Malcolm Young (rhythm guitar/backing vocals). After undergoing several line-up changes, they finally settled with Phil Rudd (drums), Mark Evans (bass/backing vocals) and Bon Scott (lead vocals). They enjoyed a healthy run of success for 7 years until the band was struck by tragedy when in 1980, Scott, after a night drinking with his friends, died. The band decided to move on and recruited new vocalist, Brian Johnson, to record a new album: Back In Black. The bands sound heavily focuses on power chords and simple moderate tempo beats. They have rarely ever strayed from the "intro - verse - chorus - verse - chorus - bridge - chorus" formula and their lyrical themes are always about one of four things: fucking, rocking, drinking or fighting. Their style of playing has never changed since their debut, except the differing vocal styles. AC/DC have contributed massively to rock and metal and many high profile bands cite them as major influences.

Recommended Works
They've never made a bad album, but a few I'd recommend would be:

Back In Black: The no-brainer. This was the first album to feature Brian Johnson on vocals and was made as a tribute to the late Bon Scott. It sold incredibly well, eventually becoming the second biggest selling album ever, topped only by Michael Jackson's "Thriller", making it the biggest selling rock album of all time. It's easily AC/DC's most well-known and for good reason. There's not one boring song on this, and it includes many fan favourites.

Highway To Hell: Again, one of their most well-known albums. This one was the last album Bon Scott recorded with the band and remains one of my favourite albums ever made. The title track is often said to be their greatest song, and is always played in encores at live shows, often as a tribute to Bon.

High Voltage: This was their debut album, featuring many songs that have become well-known rock anthems and setting the tone for the long career ahead of them.

Let There Be Rock: The title track is one of the best rock songs ever written, no question, and on the first listen, Whole Lotta Rosie is, quite frankly, hilarious.

Current Members
Brian Johnson
Angus Young
Malcolm Young
Cliff Williams
Phil Rudd

Former Members
Dave Evans
Bon Scott
Mark Evans
Simon Wright
Chris Slade

Essential Tracks
Back In Black
Highway To Hell
Thunderstruck
For Those About To Rock
TNT

Links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC/DC
http://www.last.fm/music/AC%252FDC

EDIT: Changed a few things. Dark, add in the essential tracks (5 of them). And remember to add a links section on your posts, with a link to the metal archives, wikipedia, and last.fm. AC/DC doesn't have an archives page, so I left it out.

Last edited by Darkflame on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:51 pm

fixed grammar to the best of my feeble abilites

and i think (guilty as well) we should get rid of the whole "you dont know this, you are stupid" thing
when i was taking a speech class, they said that was one of the things you never do; alienate your audience. i said that people that hadnt heard metallica were stupid, so i think that whole thing needs to go.

remember, unbiased.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:01 pm

fuck. i edited your post. i meant that to be quoted. sorry. hope you like the changes, if not, you can repost....my bad dude

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:05 pm

I'll edit it out a little. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm just going to fix the titles (Recommended Albums to Recommended Works, Former Members section, etc)

Otherwise looks good. Just remember to be fairly unbiased, like Brute said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:26 pm

And remember, bold titles and underline album names.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11811
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm

Looking good, let me get through this week and I'll start chipping away at mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9844
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:41 am

I've been gone for the weekend. I believe I owe the world a Venom post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 pm

I've got the essential tracks in there, Axe... I thought you were making that optional anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Ah, just ignore that. I'll change it just now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Darkflame wrote:
I've got the essential tracks in there, Axe... I thought you were making that optional anyway.

Well I just figured we do it or we don't. I want each post to be set up in the same way. I mean you put whatever you want on, but we need them to look the same so it's not super messy and confusing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:42 pm

can you make a new and revised version of what to include in a post.
such as

Name[u]

blah blah

you know, you made one before, but i think revisions have happened since then

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Yes, I'll add it to the blog post thread. You can also base your posts off of my Sonata Arctica post, it is all up to day (minus the hyper linked youtube vids, which I need explained to me)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:13 am

for sure. im going to write some more tomorrow.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Tue May 04, 2010 5:27 am

VR, I asked you a while ago but I don't think you replied. Any chance I could steal Wintersun from you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9844
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Tue May 04, 2010 5:47 am

Sure, but you have to be extra enthusiastic for your write up on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Tue May 04, 2010 5:55 am

<------ Ehem...

Do I look like I won't be enthusiastic? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Tue May 04, 2010 3:59 pm

nope. devoid of enthusiasm right here. none whatsoever

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Tue May 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Heathen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   Wed May 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Hey, do the Lor guys maybe want to take part in this? The seem to know their stuff.

Also, I asked Hate if he would do a couple but he doesn't want to, so expect a slightly less enlightning (and enthusiastic) Slayer post. Could you maybe take Corrosion Of Conformity out of there, Brute? I was hoping he would do them. I don't know much about them. Unless anyone else is willing to do it?

And I just noticed the comment next to Heaven And Hell. Whoever wrote that, good point. Do we put them up as a seperate band from Black Sabbath?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Idea (feedback would be great)   

Back to top Go down

An Idea (feedback would be great)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next