Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Blog posting section

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16106
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Blog posting section   Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Use this first post to base your posts on. Put your blog post on here before you add it to the blog so people can edit it. Put what you edited at the bottom of the post. Do not put something in this thread unless it is a post for the blog, to keep things clean.

Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica is a power metal band founded in 1995 by drummer Tommy Portimo, guitarist Jani Liimatainen, and bassist Marko Paasikoski. In the early years, Sonata Arctica's style was more of a hard rock, but transformed into the straight up power metal sound that their early albums are known for. But over the years, Sonata Arctica's style has changed even more, combining their power metal sound with elements of progressive metal, and even ocassionally symphonic metal (most notably on the bonus disc for The Days of Grays). After a few line-up changes, including the departure of Jani Liimatainen and keyboardist Mikko Härkin, the band's style began to undergo these changes. Sonata Arctica is a very notable band in the power metal genre because their dynamic style has given us some albums that are truely wonderful and unique. This is definitely one of those bands that has a slightly different sound each album. Being one of the most popular and accesible bands in the genre, Sonata Arctica is a fantastic gateway into power metal.

Recommended Works

Ecliptica (LP)
The band's first album. Ecliptica is a power metal masterpiece. It features fast and agressive songs as well as slower and more melodious songs. It's definitely the best place to start with this band.

Reckoning Night (LP)
This is the album that transitions the band into a more progressive style. It's a mixture of the early and later albums.

The Days of Grays (LP)
Building on the band's newer style introduced in Reckoning Night, The Days of Grays is a fantastic album. This album was released in 2009 and was incredibly impressive, and shows that the band has matured a lot in their songwriting. The songs are much more complex, albeit harder to get into for newcomers to the genre. Regardless, it is amazing after a few listens.

Current Members

Tony Kakko
Elias Viljanen
Tommy Portimo
Marko Paasikoski
Henrik Klingenberg

Former Members

Jani Liimatainen
Mikko Härkin
Janne Kivilahti
Pentti Peura
William Weatherall

Essential Tracks
UnOpened
Fullmoon
The Cage
Paid in Full
Flag in the Ground

Links
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=192
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonata_Arctica
http://www.last.fm/music/Sonata+Arctica

BYD EDIT
Please do not comment on posts here. It will be deleted. Posts only to avoid clutter and 30 pages

Last edited by Axe on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11441
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:08 pm

AC/DC

AC/DC are well known as one of the biggest and most influential hard rock bands ever. The band was formed in 1973 in Melbourne, Australia by brothers Angus (lead guitar) and Malcolm Young (rhythm guitar/backing vocals). After undergoing several line-up changes, they finally settled with Phil Rudd (drums), Mark Evans (bass/backing vocals) and Bon Scott (lead vocals). They enjoyed a healthy run of success for 7 years until the band was struck by tragedy when in 1980, Scott, after a night drinking with his friends, died. The band decided to move on and recruited new vocalist, Brian Johnson to record a new album: Back In Black. The bands sound heavily focuses on power chords and simple moderate tempo beats. They have rarely ever strayed from the "intro - verse - chorus - verse - chorus - bridge - chorus" formula and their lyrical themes are always about one of four things: fucking, rocking, drinking or fighting. Their style of playing has never changed since their debut, except the differing vocal styles. AC/DC have contributed massively to rock and metal and many high profile bands cite them as major influences.

Recommended Works
They've never made a bad album, but a few I'd recommend would be:

Back In Black: The no-brainer. This was the first album to feature Brian Johnson on vocals and was made as a tribute to the late Bon Scott. It sold incredibly well, eventually becoming the second biggest selling album ever, topped only by Michael Jackson's "Thriller", making it the biggest selling rock album of all time. It's easily AC/DC's most well-known and for good reason. There's not one boring song on this, and it includes many fan favourites.

Highway To Hell: Again, one of their most well-known albums. This one was the last album Bon Scott recorded with the band and remains one of my favourite albums ever made. The title track is often said to be their greatest song, and is always played in encores at live shows, often as a tribute to Bon.

High Voltage: This was their debut album, featuring many songs that have become well-known rock anthems and setting the tone for the long career ahead of them.

Let There Be Rock: The title track is one of the best rock songs ever written, no question, and on the first listen, Whole Lotta Rosie is, quite frankly, hilarious.

Current Members
Brian Johnson - lead vocals
Angus Young - lead guitar
Malcolm Young - rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Cliff Williams - bass guitar, backing vocals
Phil Rudd - drums

Former Members
Dave Evans - lead vocals
Bon Scott - lead vocals
Mark Evans - bass guitar, backing vocals
Simon Wright - drums
Chris Slade - drums

Essential Tracks
Back In Black
Highway To Hell
Thunderstruck
Whole Lotta Rosie
TNT

Links
Wikipedia
Last.fm

Last edited by Darkflame on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Kalisia

Hailing from the land of garlic and pretentious moustaches, Kalisia formed in 1994 under the leadership of Brett Caldas-Lima who garnered the talents of Auspex’s Elodie Buchonnet amongst others. After releasing a couple of well received demos over a two year period, work commenced on their first, and so far only album, “Cybion”. They would proceed to spend over ten years crafting a 70 minute single track concept record of astonishing scope. Unhindered by boundaries, Kalisia produced a land mark in the field of progressive metal, combining the best of Dream Theater’s progressive wonderings with death metal’s pure assault, Lima even going so far as to create his own language to flavour the album’s intriguing story. Unjustly consigned to the underground by labels who think you’re too stupid and Ritalin dependent to appreciate this masterpiece, the band self released the album to great acclaim from the lucky few who knew what was coming. Be sure to check these guys out, because it maybe another 10 years before we hear from them again.

Recommended Works:
Cybion (LP): The album comes complete with the previously released “Skies” demo and 4 cover songs. You need to set aside 70 minutes of quiet time to absorb this, but god damn is it worth it. Paul Masvidal approved.

Current Members
Brett Caldas-Lima - Vocals, Guitars, Programming
Laurent Pouget - Keyboards
Thibaut Gerard - Bass
Brun's (Bruno Michel) - Guitars
Elodie Buchonnet - Female Vocals, Flute, Saxophone

Former Members
Loic Tezenas - Guitars
Laurent Bendahan - Drums

Essential Tracks
Cybion
Lost Soul
A Fortune in Lies (Dream Theater Cover)
How Could I? (Cynic Cover)
I Am The Black Wizards (Emperor Cover)

Links
Metal Archives
Wikipedia
Last.fm

Last edited by Dies Irae on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14984
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:28 pm

kalisia deserves to go first....

and if we notice crucial edits to be made....how do we go about doing that?
ill post my metallica one right now, even though it is riddled with errors still.

actually, i just fixed it.

i cant also figure out how metal-archives work. i can find bands, but their url remains metal-archives.com i cant get a DIRECT link to a page...if that makes any sense

and yeah, ill just post links, people can shorten them and do that cool edit thing later. ill change if im told directly

i also propose we go like this from now on, so we dont waste too much space

Former Members
Blah Blah

anther topic
more yadda yada

i dont like the extra space we used to have. underlined and bolded is much more clean, agreed?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:41 pm

Metallica

Metallica is regarded as one of the most known metal bands in existence. They have contributed a great deal; in recent years, not so much, but as for their first 4 or 5 albums, they helped to define the metal world into what it has become. They are one of the “big 4”, bands that started thrash metal, along with Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth. They have gone through several line-up changes, but rhythm guitarist and vocalist James Hetfield, drummer Lars Ulrich, and lead guitarist Kirk Hammett are still contributing to the band after being together since 1983. Whether you like thrash or not, Metallica have a permanent spot in the metal hall of fame, having paved the way for countless bands. Now comes the difficult part where I have to recommend songs to listen to. Here goes nothing:

Recommended Works
Kill ‘Em All (LP)
Ride the Lightening (LP)
…And Justice for All (LP)
Master of Puppets (LP)
Metallica (LP)

Any album onward I cannot be bothered with.

Current Members
James Hetfield – rhythm guitar, lead vocals
Kirk Hammett – lead guitar, backing vocals
Robert Trujillo – bass, backing vocals
Lars Ulrich – drums, percussion

Former Members
Cliff Burton – bass, backing vocals
Jason Newsted – bass, backing vocals
Ron McGovney – bass
Dave Mustaine – lead guitar, backing vocals

Essential Tracks
Blackened - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo
Hit the Lights - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVqcn3NrhI
Orion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUJilAbPQA
For Who the Bell Tolls - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg92QpjRcJk
My Friend of Misery - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_98Gyg1er-k

Links
Metal Archives
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica
http://www.last.fm/music/Metallica

There they are; Metallica
-Brute-

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.

Last edited by Brute on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Axe, do you mind if I edit mine to include what the band members do in the band?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:51 pm

I think you should make it one paragraph for the main article brute: in keeping with the proposed cleaness, it looks a little off to me. Maybe I'm just being weird.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm

no, i can dig it. truth be told i totally looked that over.
it makes sense. im just so used to having my past lit teachers pound it into me to make MULTIPLE paragraphs for each thing.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Brute wrote:
i cant also figure out how metal-archives work. i can find bands, but their url remains metal-archives.com i cant get a DIRECT link to a page...if that makes any sense

Huh? If you're copying the phpid page, it should work: it does if you click on my link for Kalisia... and for Metallica:

Metal Archives
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:59 pm

ok, so i search for metallica. it takes me to the band page. normally, at that point, you go to the url and copy it. but my url doesnt read something to the effect of
....archive/band/metallica

it just says

metal-archives.com

even though im clearly on the the metallica "page"

basically, i cant GET a link to show people.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:17 pm

I'll get it fixed up. And brute, try to hyper link your song titles. You use this coding

[url=link]hyperlinkedword[\url]

link = url you want to hyperlink, hyperlinkedword = the word you want to show up for people to click on. If you just copy paste the code you can easily put the link into the code and take minimal extra time. Do that for the essential tracks and the wiki, last.fm, and archive links.

As soon as we get these first posts straightened out we'll be good to go, you guys just need to remember to check previous posts to remember how to set up the post. We want this blog to look professional so this attention to small detail is important
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm

I'll edit mine to include some hyperlinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Oh and dark, go ahead and put what they do in the band there. Just don't do the years they were in the band, etc etc. Keep it fairly simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Does blogspot auto resize pictures in posts? If not we are so fucked. By we, I mean Axe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Yes, when you make the post you will have to upload the image through blogspot (moral of the story, save your images to your desktop!)

You will have to option of making it large, medium, or small in size. I just preview before I send the post to make the picture the right size.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:31 pm

If I'm not too much mistaken my post is conforming to all the agreed standards: let me know when to start posting Axe and we'll get this bad boy underway!

Also, I just realised we are totally abusing this thread: shouldn't this be blog posts only Razz
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:36 pm

I was thinking about that earlier lol. I'll delete all of these unnecessary posts as soon as we are all ready to get under way. And I think you're right, your post is perfect. I did add a link to the wiki article but it's in french. I did that just for aesthetic purposes lol. ocd FTL

Throw it up whenever. I'll have my post ready tonight to put up. T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:41 pm

abuse ftw

thanks for the heads up axe. i was in no way trying to be a dick, not that you implied i was. i just wanted simple directions and i still wasnt sure about going from forum to blogspot if it would copy the same.
now that i know it does, i will use your:
[url=link]hyperlinkedword[\url]

method

thankx

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Done and done. Let me know when you want it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Dark, make sure you hyperlink the weblinks at the end. Then your posts looks fine and you can throw it up whenever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Okay, Kalisia up. Looks good and all links work.

I added a label (progressive metal). When someone clicks on it it brings up all bands we tag with it in future. Do we want to do this or should I edit to remove it?

Something we didn't think of drafting posts because it doesn't give you the option here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Dies, did it let you copy and paste it from here? I can't seem to do it for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Dies, did it let you copy and paste it from here? I can't seem to do it for some reason.

You can't copy the picture or hyperlinks: you'll have to do them again I'm afraid. It works exactly as it does on here so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

The rest should copy over though (including the bold tyoe), so it isn't too much work.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Still doesn't work for some reason. Did you copy it onto Word or anything first?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Darkflame wrote:
Still doesn't work for some reason. Did you copy it onto Word or anything first?

No, just highlighted the post on here, ctrl c then used ctrl v in the post. Done.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Ah, for some reason it works when I switch from "Compose" to "Edit Html".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 pm

One more question. How do I carry the hyperlinks over? It's different on Blogspot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Darkflame wrote:
One more question. How do I carry the hyperlinks over? It's different on Blogspot.

You can't copy the links over because it doesn't work on visible script. Just click on the link box while posting and proceed exactly as you did on here.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah, but what I mean is that the link code thingy is different so I can't do the "[url/]word[url]" thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Arghoslent

Ever since their inception in 1990 amongst the Roadrunner led surge of death metal, Arghoslent have always stood out from the crowd. Courting controversy with lyrics of semi-veiled racism, ties to white supremacist groups and sporting aliases such as Pogrom, has earned them little love from the media. Infamy aside, Arghoslent also stand apart from their peers with their unique style of play. Forgoing technical masturbation or brutal chugging, instead allowing a simple love of NWOBHM to permeate their fine song crafting skills, replacing blast beats with more traditional metal drumming to complement the fantastic guitar melodies, creating sublime metal that is surprisingly accessible to even the most timid metal head, making labels somewhat redundant. A twenty year career with just three full length albums may seem skimpy, but quality always beats quantity and quality is one thing Arghoslent do not lack for. If you worship at the altar of the almighty riff, you’ll find a lot to like in this band.

Recommended Works
Galloping Through the Battle Ruins (LP): their first full length effort and fan favourite, show casing all the traits they are known, loved and hated for.

Send Forth the Best Ye Breed (Split): after the disappointing release of “Hornets of the Pogrom”, they bounced back, showcasing their talent to the full with perhaps their best songs to date. Album partners, Martial Barrage, are worth a listen too.

Incorrigible Bigotry (LP): my personal favourite album, awash with perfect guitar harmonies and amazing riffs. Among the greatest death metal albums written.

Current Members
Ulfhedinn - Vocals
Pogrom aka Gelal Necrosodomy - Guitar
Holocausto - Guitar
Einzelganger - Bass
Aktion T4 - Drums

Former Members
The Genocider, Gravedigger, Von Demonicus - Vocals
Kommando (Thom Huff) - Bass
M. S. (Mark Stauffer), Alienchrist aka The Gulag (Matt Sylvester) - Drums

Essential Tracks
Tar-Skinned Pygmoidsof the Dense Bush
Fall of the Melanic Breeds
The Purging Fires of War
Converts at the Tents of Grace
Quelling the Simian Surge

Links
Metal Archives
Wikipedia
Last.fm

Not bothered with hyperlinks, since they don't copy (will do when actually posting, obviously). Let me know if theres anything that needs changing then I'll post it.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Looks good but the picture isn't showing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Well I can see it so I'm disinclined to change it: I'm sure it will be fine on blogger.
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:23 pm

That looks great, go ahead and throw it up. I can't see the image either, but as long as it worker on blogger I'm sure it's fine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10838
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Good work on Arghoslent. Wish they dropped the whole white supremacy thing though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 am

Arghoslent posted.

Hey Axe, would you change the settings on the blog so links automatically appear in a different colour, like I've done on Exploratory Surgery. There's just nothing to show the essential tracks are actually links.

That is if everyone agrees it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:02 pm

it looks great here, i say the links should be light blue on the blog

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:06 pm

How come you haven't put 'tallica up yet Brute?
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
How come you haven't put 'tallica up yet Brute?
i havent been made an editor, so i cant
and thats not axe's fault, just hasnt happened. ill do it as soon as im invited

axe
purelyonawhim@gmail.com

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Fuck. Another problem: the bold and underline for some reason isn't carrying over. I've checked in the preview and for some reason it's not working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 1:30 am

Well if it doesn't carry over, it's quite simple to add it.

Just highlight what needs bolded or underlined and hit the corresponding button on the post field (it's very similar to the forum)

And as for hyper links, look at the buttons at the top and find the one that says "link" or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 6:36 am

Here's a curve ball... I'm going to do Protest the Hero next.

Aaaaand fuck you haters.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Axe wrote:
Well if it doesn't carry over, it's quite simple to add it.

Just highlight what needs bolded or underlined and hit the corresponding button on the post field (it's very similar to the forum)

And as for hyper links, look at the buttons at the top and find the one that says "link" or something.
I don't think there is an underline button... gimme a minute.

No, there isn't. Do you mind if I leave the underlining out? Doesn't look like I'll be able to change it and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Not sure why it won't copy underline and bold for you 😕

Perhaps try Firefox if you're using IE (yuk). I have no trouble transfering over...
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 2:53 pm

Yeah, I use IE LOL.

I've not got Firefox on this computer though. I'll try it on another computer later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25403
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Dies Irae wrote:
Here's a curve ball... I'm going to do Protest the Hero next.

Aaaaand fuck you haters.
:study:

link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10505
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Ensiferum

Ensiferum was started in 1996 by Markus Toivonen, Kimmo Miettinen, Sauli Savolainen, and Jari Mäenpää as mainly epic heroic "death metal" or melodic death metal in Helsinki, Finland. For about 5 years, Ensiferum recieved a great amount of reception for their demos and finally was decided to make an album. Soon after, Ensiferum's success shot off. But, soon after many line up changes and after producing their second full length album, Jari Mäenpää left due to success in his solo project, Wintersun. They found a replacement in Petri Lindroos, Norther's lead singer. Since then, Ensiferum has produced two other albums, Victory Songs and From Afar and has had great success with them. Their basic sound does not change with every album, but the finer parts to their album are noted changes, such as the difference of their guitar roles when Jari left and Petri came in. Their style has represented a huge front in the changing style of metal, and use their folk elements to great effect, they surely will be a band never forgotten, and will continue to crank out great albums.

Recommended Works

Ensiferum- Victory Songs
The bands most well recieved album thus far. This album is great. After Jari left, many wondered what direction Ensiferum would go in, and they went right with this album.

Ensiferum- Ensiferum
Their first self titled album is a favorite by far among the more hardcore fans of Ensiferum. Great album for a great band.

Current Members

Petri Lindroos
Vocals, Guitar
Markus Toivonen
Guitar, Vocals
Sami Hinkka
Bass, Vocals
Janne Parviainen
Drums
Emmi Silvennoinen
Keyboards, Backing Vocals

Former Members

Kimmo Miettinen
Jukka-Pekka Miettinen
Sauli Savolainen
Jari Mäenpää
Oliver Fokin
Meiju Enho
Henri "Trollhorn" Sorvali

Essential Tracks

Victory Songs
Wanderer
Warrior's Quest
Lai Lai Hei
Into Battle

Links

Ensiferum Home Site
Myspace
Wiki
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Jari didn't just leave: he had his ass kicked out.

Otherwise, solid post.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10505
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 4:10 pm

It says he left, I go with the info man. Jari went on to make a also good band, so what evs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25403
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section   Sat May 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Solid song pics

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blog posting section