Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Lame Concert

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14870
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:23 am

So most of you know, deathcore is kinda frowned uppon in our community. I openly say i dislike it, but if there is a deathcore band that i like, i will most certainly say i do, i have no shame in that regard
Ok, so most of you also know that im an aspiring photographer. Awhile back, i posted pics of the band that i shot. i was and still am quite pleased with the way that they came out. i told them i would go to a show eventually, but since i had a job at night, that got kinda difficult. well, i no longer have the job, so i was free to go to a concert.

I knew what style they play. Kinda hardcore....kinda metal...whatever. im sure it wouldnt fly much here. Their guitarist is spectacular. i mean, that kid is talented. He was truly amazing to watch...

POINT BEING is that they were playing a show and that i was going to go. so i got there wayyyy to early, 1.5 hours too early. So im chilling in my car, listeneing to a little BTBAM to get into the mood. Rosalynn (the band i saw) play similarly, but hey, i was just getting in the mood for some prog

I notice more and more kids. I was planning on grabbing a beer and chilling at the place. I keep seeing more and more kids. Tight-ass jeans. black shirts. long hair. lip rings. toms. beanies. Scene-kid central.

Let me say i have nothing wrong with scene kids. absolutely nothing at all. but it was rather off-putting.
So i see the lead singer get out of the car, and he waves to me, genuinely happy to see me. We chat with tha drummer as well. I mention, "gee, this isnt your normal crowd is it?" they look around, pause for a second and put their heads down and say...."...no"

That was kinda one of those moments where you laugh and think to your self "Oh boy"

So i walk in, no bar, or course. The liquor idea out the window. I walk in and these high school kids are onstage. Two singers. one guy just yelling, the other is high-pitched and death screaming squealing. I start to text our member, taxer, exclaiming what a night i had in for myself when immediately the lead singer shouts/screams "ALRIGHT!!! BREAKDOWN TIME!!!!!" the 12 teens go apeshit. i mean, i have nothing wrong with breakdowns. but this was horrendous. it was literally 1 second pause between each chug. ho shit it was bad. so i figure, alright, these guys are almost done, and then one more band, then Rosalynn.
Wrong. 2 more bands after. Some losers drove from San Diego (100 miles away) to perform. Let me backtrack. the setting was a local business that does set design. i know this cuse i was talking to the owner. he was pretty chill. anyways, thats what these guys drove down to, a small-ass place to perform to 16 year olds. im not in a band, and i can understand how it goes, but shit....

well, the band from san diego fronted some guy with questionable sexuality that just wailed into the microphone in suicide silence fashion. it was revolting. it was loud. it was omnipresent.

well, after 2 hours or so, rosalynn finally went on. they played decently, seeing how it was not their normal crowd and the crowd was just dead...(too much hardcore dancing). i also think the singer wailed more to fit in, which didnt sound good at all

Photographically speaking, it sucked as well. They had dim RGB lights that just flashed incessantly for .5 seconds, so i had to guess what color was coming up. The also had a strobe on the guys, which is 0 usable light. ugh, it was horrendous.

I got maybe 4 pictures i would actually think of printing, and maybe 1 i would stand back and go, "alright, this is decent"
that being said, it was awesome practice. concerts are really hard to shoot.

Also, lastly, my lens broke. Lenses range from the cheapest being 100 dollars or so, to well.....multi thousands. i have a super cheap lens, a moderatly priced lens, and one that costs near 1K. LUCKILY the lens that was worth 100$ DECIDES TO FUCKING SPLIT OPEN JUST BEFORE THE BAND PLAYS. this is a tremendous failure, if you know anything about photography. my cheap lens opens to 1.8. the expensive lens does 4. the larger the number, the smaller the "hole". i need a large opening to get low light shots. since my best option broke, i was shooting everything slower and got waaaay too much blur.

fuck it...maybe ill post the pictures some other time. hahaha

glad you made it through this long

oh, good news, i took the lens to get serviced today, it has a 1 year warranty. i bought it april 10 2009. im 15 days over. the accepted it and are charging me nothing to fix it. thats what you get when you buy canon guys hahaha.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3712
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:33 am

yep just read this adventure haha. i hate the majority of concert crowds, as silly as it sounds. i could rant about what I have seen and been baffled by forever....including some chokeholds, saucer-wide stretchers being ripped out, girls gettting clawed in the face, noses mashed, heavy ass guys landing on girls (meeee) and the giants who sweat buckets and shake their mile long wet hair in your face.

that sucks about your lens...i would want to take an expensive camera to shows to try to get good shots but its riskyyy, props to photographers who get decent shots.
ps...post themmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11695
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:35 am

Brute wrote:
fronted some guy with questionable sexuality that just wailed into the microphone in suicide silence fashion. it was revolting. it was loud. it was omnipresent.

Sounds like a good band to me >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:45 am

sara...in due time. it wasnt all that hard. the 2 hardest parts are 1) getting a camera in and 2) getting close enough

then its just right place right time and just having enough light. really not that hard....jsut lots of practice. stick around this week and ill post some good ones. went to a show tonight and have a couple more to peruse over and post

blackstar....oh how i knew you would post something like that

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10391
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Sorry man, sounds purty turrible
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10724
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Any deathcore concert is a lame concert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11327
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:26 pm

I'd feel sorry for you if I could stop laughing. Mwahaha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Darkflame wrote:
I'd feel sorry for you if I could stop laughing. Mwahaha.

you suck Razz

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Says the guy who just went to a deathcore gig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:38 pm

touche

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 pm

I thought so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:58 pm

god this concert was lame. but for those that cared....i did manage to get some cool pics, despite the lens set back.
canon is my sweet sex. low light is no problem.
let me know what you like. im new to photographing concerts. so this is the rare opportunity you have to tell me what you think and i might actually listen to it....har har har

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:44 pm

However crappy it sounded, those are good pics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:56 pm

wow. thanks man

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:58 pm

No problem Very Happy

Do you do gigs a lot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:59 pm

hahaahahahahah NOOOOO

well, that is depressing. im really not doing much. ive been to two concerts and taken one band picture. thats about the only real WORK i have had

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 pm

You should do it more often. Those photos are really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25289
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:11 pm

I hate the scene. I have nothing against them except there faces. Anyway, props on the photos, it makes them seem like there quite awesome

Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:24 pm

darkflame: you wouldnt believe how hard it is to get a camera into a show. i mean, i can do these guys cuse they arnt signed and what not. but it is extrememly tricky to do so. you have to contact the band before hand, you have to get them to trust you, you have to get their acceptance, you have to get someting from them, and then bypass the venue.

its really complicatedd

yeah byd, the scene sucked. but i think i did a bang up job for my first time

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Sat May 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Ah, I see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Sat May 01, 2010 4:34 pm

beleive me, if i knew people....id be all up in that concert scene. but its hard to make a business that way. so im not to inclined to keep headding that direction

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Sun May 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Well, I say do it when you can. You're pretty good at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Sun May 02, 2010 6:08 pm

thanks for putting a smile on my face. you just brightened my day

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Sun May 02, 2010 7:23 pm

We can't have that. Fuck off and die.

That should even it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Sun May 02, 2010 9:00 pm

yep...back to 0 again

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 10:09 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 15992
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 5:25 pm

You took good pictures of some tools, Brute

http://www.last.fm/user/Axeforhire66#shoutbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 5:32 pm

Axe wrote:
You took good pictures of some tools, Brute

these guys werent the tools. they actually are pretty decent. shall i bring you some myspace? hahah
http://www.myspace.com/rosalynnca

probably not many peoples style...but they are good. not like the other shit that was "performing"
oh, if blackstar sees this...i think he'll like the first song they have, constellations. i kinda dig it.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 5:45 pm

The music of the first song sounded pretty cool, I just can't take the emo clean vocals. No thank you.

Btw Brute, there is one BFMV song I like. Just thought I'd let you know.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Axe wrote:
The music of the first song sounded pretty cool, I just can't take the emo clean vocals. No thank you.

Btw Brute, there is one BFMV song I like. Just thought I'd let you know.

excuse me whilst i clean my jaw up from the floor

which one, may i ask?

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 6:15 pm

This be the one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5CnRr_nzc8

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 7:56 pm

not a bad song

you may enjoy the new album. shot in the dark, but you could give it a try.

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Is their new one out?

I had Scream Aim Fire, and this was the only track I liked off it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 9:20 pm

its out

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Mon May 03, 2010 9:20 pm

Blehbullet.
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue May 04, 2010 5:54 am

Just to let you know, Brute, and that I just love proving you wrong. I have been forcibly subjected to Bullet's most recent album by my brother and, my verdict: shit.

I win. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
link
Deliciously Fat

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue May 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Agreed with Darkflame, but instead of just that album, almost every BFMV album is utter shit.
Back to top Go down
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue May 04, 2010 4:09 pm

haters drinking haterade right here

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue May 04, 2010 6:33 pm

link wrote:
Agreed with Darkflame, but instead of just that album, almost every BFMV album is utter shit.
I agree on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Tue May 04, 2010 9:09 pm

just uncultured swine is all...

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Lame Concert   Wed May 05, 2010 5:30 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content