Tip of the Hat

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Abrahamic God:
- Countless genocides
- Encourages raping and killing both women and children
- Condones slavery
- Endorses selling your daughter into sexual slavery
- Created us just to cast us into the fiery pits of hell
- Anti-science/anti-non-biblical knowledge
- Will eventually kill us all so we can either worship him forever or burn in hell

Satan:
- Represents personal freedom/freedom from oppression by the Abrahamic god
- Anti-indoctrination
- Embraces all of human nature (ie, not as anti-human)
- Pro-knowledge

So it seems strange that Satan is represented in metal as the ultimate badass/outsider. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Then again, being "metal" isn't necessarily a good thing. Idk, just a random thought. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Taxer666 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackstar
The Mighty Mite

Number of posts : 8395
Hedonistic Glory : 11759
Joined In : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:18 pm

...Satan

But seriously I pretty much approve of that synopsis and thats what my symbolism of Satan is used for. I mean, man I feel like this conversation is going to get heated and weird lol. But dark metal is empowering to me, Satanic stuff I tend to prefer a more enlightened view of the Satan image as the one who freed mankind. And to me metal is about freedom and and strength so to me that idea of Satan looks pretty metal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.circleofdestruction.net
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

Number of posts : 15856
Hedonistic Glory : 14934
Joined In : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:07 pm

i could care less if a band is "satanic" or not. hell, i listen to 2% of all lyrical content. im just no the person that can listen and analyze lyrics.

but what i do know is that Abrahamic god is an all-fucking-mighty badass

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com
Darkflame
Problem Child

Number of posts : 8102
Hedonistic Glory : 11391
Joined In : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 pm

I smell another religious argument...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axe
Frenzied Folk Barbarian
Frenzied Folk Barbarian

Number of posts : 11606
Hedonistic Glory : 16056
Joined In : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:18 pm

I like boobies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9792
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Dark and Axe you guys kill me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Satan is overrated.
Back to top Go down
link
Deliciously Fat

Number of posts : 7784
Hedonistic Glory : 10455
Joined In : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 pm

I like boobies too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkinsbane/
Taxer666
Trollsmith
Trollsmith

Number of posts : 7203
Hedonistic Glory : 10788
Joined In : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 pm

And this is why I troll you guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:49 pm

mmmm.....boooooobs

Master Cthulhu wrote:
Where Bathory was an iron broadsword, this band is a big plastic one with "viking!" written on it in sparkly purple magic marker.
sarainadream wrote:
No fucking worries I guess you cunts, just wanted to bloody well plant the careful seed in your maggot infested brains.
Back to top Go down
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

Number of posts : 27750
Hedonistic Glory : 25353
Joined In : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Palmface

sarainadream
True Gentleman

Number of posts : 784
Hedonistic Glory : 3776
Joined In : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Abrahamic God-that's vague to me...I thought Abrahamic religions were stems of Isam/various Christian sectors and Judaism and each religion and their endless sectors have different ideas. They all include Abraham and one God...but then again, I do not know what sector encourages any sort of violence, except maybe extremists and people who interpret holy books to suit their own needs. Of course, the books are thousands of years old and there is predijuce in them which is expected, it is still around today. I do not think Jewish people believe in 'fiery pits of hell' either. If you do not believe in gods/devils then both God (which ever version you mean) and satan are just ideas. I only know the Catholic religion really well and it was people who did the genocides under the guise of religion, 'fighting for the cause'. I do not remember anything about violence against women/children in the Bible, they were often spared.

Eh I don't feel much like ranting, since its all hypothetical but God or the idea of God gets really skewed, the Bible was written by man and was written out a million times by scribes over the decades. Pieces were left in, taken out, words changed, stories altered meanings, etc but anyways...

Satan seems to be paired with metal because he is supposedly the ultimate evil of the world and opposite to all that is essentially pure. He refused to remain a follower of God so he is also the ultimate leader of the opposition, the rebel, the outsider. I think alot of metal bands like to see themselves as somehow a part of society but outside of it, not wanting to follow the ideas of the masses. He leads people away from God since he was the cause of Original Sin, the temptation of humans. Metal loves to sing about hate and destruction and desecration and since Satan is the opposite to God, the deadly sins and the 10 commandments are obviously reversed and when raping/killing/anger/etc is sung about, it supports more of what Satan represents more than God who is essentially about peace, if you only look at the non-literal versions of the Bible. If metal sung about forgiveness, love, patience, prayer, etc then it would be paired with God-or what he/she is supposed to be about.

Though really...believing in Satan or his image comes from these religions and most satanic worshippers I read about do not pray to it type thing (like that Metalocylpse episode haha) but crave free will and indulging in lifes pleasures without worrying about "sin". For $200, you could be a member of the Church of Satan! So even they think he is an idea, not a real super human...thing. So really..metal seems to be paired with it because it is about the self and not being very concerned with other people or sinning and "love" is not really a message...if I may go so far as to call SOME (not ALL) lyrical content to be egocentric and basically a ruler of yourself, you do what you want and feel no regret not assisting someone you do not care about because it would be "good". Even that Church is against rape/hurting children/animal cruelty/respectfulness/stealing etc.

And I do not see the idea of Satan as empowering...maybe it's my upbringing or my recent readings of Dante's Inferno and Paradise Lost but Satan was all about living life as you wanted on Earth but then there is no freedom after you die if you buy the hell shpeal, it's the three "core" religions that are concerned with real freedom-after death.

Wow I did not mean to go on for that long. I also do not know what to believe yet I like thinking about it.

scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 pm

sarainadream wrote:
Abrahamic God-that's vague to me...I thought Abrahamic religions were stems of Isam/various Christian sectors and Judaism and each religion and their endless sectors have different ideas. They all include Abraham and one God...but then again, I do not know what sector encourages any sort of violence, except maybe extremists and people who interpret holy books to suit their own needs. Of course, the books are thousands of years old and there is predijuce in them which is expected, it is still around today. I do not think Jewish people believe in 'fiery pits of hell' either. If you do not believe in gods/devils then both God (which ever version you mean) and satan are just ideas. I only know the Catholic religion really well and it was people who did the genocides under the guise of religion, 'fighting for the cause'. I do not remember anything about violence against women/children in the Bible, they were often spared.

Eh I don't feel much like ranting, since its all hypothetical but God or the idea of God gets really skewed, the Bible was written by man and was written out a million times by scribes over the decades. Pieces were left in, taken out, words changed, stories altered meanings, etc but anyways...

Satan seems to be paired with metal because he is supposedly the ultimate evil of the world and opposite to all that is essentially pure. He refused to remain a follower of God so he is also the ultimate leader of the opposition, the rebel, the outsider. I think alot of metal bands like to see themselves as somehow a part of society but outside of it, not wanting to follow the ideas of the masses. He leads people away from God since he was the cause of Original Sin, the temptation of humans. Metal loves to sing about hate and destruction and desecration and since Satan is the opposite to God, the deadly sins and the 10 commandments are obviously reversed and when raping/killing/anger/etc is sung about, it supports more of what Satan represents more than God who is essentially about peace, if you only look at the non-literal versions of the Bible. If metal sung about forgiveness, love, patience, prayer, etc then it would be paired with God-or what he/she is supposed to be about.

Though really...believing in Satan or his image comes from these religions and most satanic worshippers I read about do not pray to it type thing (like that Metalocylpse episode haha) but crave free will and indulging in lifes pleasures without worrying about "sin". For $200, you could be a member of the Church of Satan! So even they think he is an idea, not a real super human...thing. So really..metal seems to be paired with it because it is about the self and not being very concerned with other people or sinning and "love" is not really a message...if I may go so far as to call SOME (not ALL) lyrical content to be egocentric and basically a ruler of yourself, you do what you want and feel no regret not assisting someone you do not care about because it would be "good". Even that Church is against rape/hurting children/animal cruelty/respectfulness/stealing etc.

And I do not see the idea of Satan as empowering...maybe it's my upbringing or my recent readings of Dante's Inferno and Paradise Lost but Satan was all about living life as you wanted on Earth but then there is no freedom after you die if you buy the hell shpeal, it's the three "core" religions that are concerned with real freedom-after death.

Wow I did not mean to go on for that long. I also do not know what to believe yet I like thinking about it.

scratch
...Satan *sips wine*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 pm

No poking fun of my intelligent sister

Darkflame
Problem Child

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:48 pm

I wasn't. I just realised that no-one had said that in too long. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakyoudown
Feeling brassic
Feeling brassic

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Its a good quote lol

VacuousReality

Number of posts : 5941
Hedonistic Glory : 9792
Joined In : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Senrae wrote:
Satan is overrated.

I say that all the time!

sarainadream wrote:

scratch

Somehow I never caught onto the novelty of Satan, but he's a good fit for metal. We are cool with each other...just don't really hang out you know? If anything is a symbol for metal to me it's simply magnitude and intensity. Extreme artistic expression.

As for the Church of Satan count me out. I rather go to a regular church.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brute
Omnisciently Omnipotent
Omnisciently Omnipotent

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:41 pm

ill read that later. i want intriguing intelligent thought later. not whilst in class. FEH!

Master Cthulhu wrote:
sarainadream wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan   

Back to top Go down

Kinda funny how the Abrahamic God is more "metal" than Satan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1